Cream-Dcc Fresh Cream Hoffman Compliment

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member Thread Starter

I just played purchased the Dcc Gold cd-Cream/Fresh Cream.i sat and played the whole cd.Steve-tremendous work on this one,Claptons 1960's riffs never sounded better in the digital medium.Also i just got Wheels of Fire Dcc but have not played it yet.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Thanks, sp-kid! Glad you liked it.

3. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Wheels of Fire is great. My 12 year old son keeps borrowing it 'cause he thinks it's great too.:D

4. spotlightkid

mcow1-your son is only 12 and he likes cream what about
    groups he should like at that age-N'sync, Britney Spears.what else have you played for him maybe Hendrix.

5. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

No the 12 year old doesn't really care for the new stuff. Cream is his favorite and Beatles some Sabbath. My 14 year old likes some of the newer stuff No Doubt, Creed etc... not the Britney type stuff. Both love the Beatles and classical, younger prefers Dvorak, older Mozart. Am I raisin' em right or what.:D

6. spotlightkid

ok the kids are getting the right musical education.Classic 60's rock and Jazz are the best.

7. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Yeah, both are Brubeck fans too. Both also attended Dead shows when very young.

8. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

My 10 year old likes the Beatles and anything that John Williams composes, Especially "STarWars Music". Also likes Holst's The Planets.:)

9. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

mcow1, I'm glad your kids like good music and not the crap that kids their age typically listen to. As far as music in my collection my oldest nephew does like some Burl Ives stuff (especially the song Big Rock Candy Mountain), Alvin & The Chipmunks, the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album, some of the songs on the "Too Cute" CD, the Dukes of Hazzard TV cast album, the Sweethearts of The Rodeo's first album (the one with Midnight Girl/Sunset Town, Since I Found You, Chains of Gold, Gotta Get Away, etc. on it), he doesn't care for instrumental music or Mathis style vocal pop music. My youngest nephew's favorite CD of mine is Burl Ives's "Little White Duck and Other Childrens Favorites." My oldest nephew's favorite CD of my sister's is the Coyote Ugly movie soundtrack (especially "Can't Fight The Moonlight," recorded by LeAnn Rimes).

10. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Ronflugelguy,
    They show good taste:)

11. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

cbsolson,
    Hey I still listen to some of those myself. I still have my vinyl Burl Ives and most of my vinyl Chipmunks

12. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Steve,
    I also have both the CD and the LP you did. WOW!! They are great, especially the LP! You cut some mean wax. I know they don’t sell well, but please keep doing vinyl, even if it is only limited quantities. I need them to make my own CDs. :)
    I also have Rod Stewart’s “Never a dull moment”. Again, WOW!!!

13. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yep. Same reaction that I had.

14. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Burl Ives and Alvin & the Chipmunks are both classics, I agree. Their music will never die as it is timeless. They are for kids of all ages and during the Christmas season, I never get tired of the original Chipmunks Christmas album, the soundtrack to Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer and the 1968 Columbia "Burl Ives Christmas Album." During the other times of the year, I do listen to the Chipmunks Greatest Hits, Burl Ives Greatest Hits, Burl's Wayfaring Stranger, Chim Chim Cheree and Other Childrens Classics and Return of The Wayfaring Stranger album and even Little White Duck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.