Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I get that. But what I'll never understand is why they master in a modern way for an audience of buyers that predominately consist of long time fans. That want to hear the music mastered in a way that reflects what we remember hearing on the original recordings.

JulesRules, Alan57, Hep Alien and 8 others like this.
  2. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Nope

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. My thoughts exactly. Another thing is the packaging which looks way too large for something that holds only 4 discs. If they'd issue a 2 disc highlights set with no repeating songs in a regular jewel case this would be an automatic purchase for me. Now I'll pass.

Hep Alien, bhazen and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Looks to be the same size as the Fresh Cream set, which holds 4 discs.

John Buchanan and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

They can't maximize their profits that way. :D It is similar to adding lps to cd box sets to jack up the price.

jonathan, Matthew Tate and mdekoning like this.
  6. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

7. That's certainly a reason why they keep releasing huge sets like this one. They can't charge a lot for a simple 2 disc highlights version. Releasing such a thing will make lots of fans pick up the cheaper smaller alternative instead, since the expensive box will offer little extra value.

8. Myke

9.5 " X 9.5" is huge ? :laugh: And after all the praise, and " oooh, instant purchase for me !," today it's going to be, " it's too much, I just want highlights." What a circus this place is sometimes.

9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

In addition, some of the tracks on this have been previously released as well, not to mention the previous bootlegs of this material. The only real reason for me to buy this is the hope that the Royal Albert Hall show is issued in better sound.

10. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

5 years ago this would be an instant buy. Now, if this shows up for streaming, I’ll probably stick with that. I’ve got a ton of Cream boots that I don’t listen to that often as it is.

FillmoreGuy and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Well I'm 24 hours late on this news. Only just seen the thread and already on page 5. Superb news. I was never really interested in the Fresh Cream SDE, this is much more up my street. I'll pre-order on amazon.uk, anyone know if they are currently taking money straight away for pre-orders or when they dispatch?

Be good to hear the live Passing The Time, not heard that live before. Also hope to see some more of those Goodbye Cream photo sessions in the book, there just has to be a photo of Lionel Blair (who staged the cover shot,) and Cream taken together. A weirder combination I could hardly imagine.;)

But to get the live music, superb, over the moon, just wish this had been out this year so could ask for it from santa. :cool:

12. Myke

Dispatch always for Amazon.

13. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Thanks, it did change this year to instant payment but believe enough complaints had it return to dispatch. Wasn't clear what the latest situation was. £36.60 currently which i'll take. Price may fluctuate.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Myke

Then maybe I misspoke. Had no idea the UK had made any changes, sorry.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

I think that the Fresh Cream Super Deluxe was a real satisfying release all the way around. It looks to me like this is going to be on a par with that. $50 - $55 seems like a reasonable price for 4 CDs, a glossy covered hardbound book and a nice, sturdy slipcover housing. Obviously, some will disagree, but it's a no-brainer for me (i.e. not a brain choice, but a heart choice). Bring it on!

16. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Ordered. Nice to have all this gold in one place.

17. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Most definitely in!

Think I'll get it from AmazonUK. Planned on ordering the Series 2 Blu-ray of Monty Python's Flying Circus from there (which I read should be released around the same time), anyway, so something to really look forward too.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I feel the same way

reb likes this.
  19. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

It's about f'ng time.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

I’m still holding out for a vinyl version. With the Fresh Cream box didn’t the vinyl come out a couple of months after the CD set?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Myke

No. There was an unrelated 2018 EU release, that's all. None of these are followed by vinyl releases. Allmans, Cream, any Levenson project.

22. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Fresh Cream (Deluxe Edition)

Jellis77, John D. and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

So, it stands to reason that a vinyl edition of Goodbye Tour – Live 1968 will follow....

Jellis77 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Myke

Based on...?

Jellis77 and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

I read it on SHF.:wave:

hiterss, smoke and savemenow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.