Creedence Clearwater Revisited - RETIRING

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by arisinwind, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

Why does everyone act like four on the floor is all Creedence did or was capable of? You all have heard their first album, right?

As for four on the floor not being rocket science: correct, but have fun trying to find a competent or good drummer who will actually play simple four on the floor when it's called for.

2. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

I saw Revisited play once. They were fine and the crowd was into it.

People love Creedance and if half the original band is on stage it thrills a lot of casual fans because everybody grew up with CCR on the radio.

Fullbug and erikdavid5000 like this.
  3. Oh absolutely. I've done lots of rhythm guitaring over the years, including lots of CCR tunes. John plays all the fun parts and never left much for Tom. I'm pretty sure I have actually strummed E7 for five minutes (Born on the Bayou comes to mind) while the lead guitarist got to play anything that came into his head.

4. Paul W

Paul W Senior Member

For anyone who hasn't heard the CCR Woodstock performance in its entirety, it is not a great one. It may be a historical artifact, but it is not great music.

The Beave likes this.
  5. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Aronoff may have more technical skill, but he is woefully lacking in feel and finesse. He's got the subtlety of a jackhammer.

6. SgtPepperman1953

SgtPepperman1953 Forum Resident

If there can be a "Threetles" then anything can happen!

arisinwind likes this.
  7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Would love to hear their performance.

arisinwind likes this.
  8. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I thought the only way we'd see Creedance Clearwater Reunited back together was on a hologram tour.

SgtPepperman1953 likes this.
  9. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I’ve heard it and it’s not as you say, in my opinion. Debatable whether or not it was a great night but hardly a train wreck

dharmabumstead likes this.
  10. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

I respectfully disagree, especially compared to some of the shambolic performances that did make it into the film/soundtrack album. When it came to live performances, CCR on their *worst* day was still better than most bands on their best.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  11. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

Im a little stunned people are so harsh on the Woodstock performance. Granted I've only heard the half of it or so that has been officially released, but its a pretty solid set with tons of energy. Few were at the top of their game at Woodstock because of a myriad of reasons, but CCR for me stands as one of the absolute highlights. Listen to their three tracks on the 40 Years On boxset, they sound great. I Put a Spell on You is full of energy, angst and emotion, just terrific. Unless the parts of this performance I have yet to hear are just complete flops, I cant see how this isn't considered one of the better performances at the festival.

RogerB and arisinwind like this.
  12. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

It’s a shame these guys could never get by their differences. After the hall of fame debacle I gave up hope of a reunion. A shame because even as a trio they were a great live act.

Woodstock wasn’t a train wreck. Their playing wasn’t as good as some of their other shows but nevertheless still solid.

arisinwind likes this.
  13. arisinwind

arisinwind Visitor Thread Starter

14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

15. arisinwind

arisinwind Visitor Thread Starter

"Creedence Clearwater Revisited, launched in 1995 in the wake of a public rift with Fogerty at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, recently said they'd be leaving the road after completing this year's scheduled dates. That was just as Fogerty got set to start a new Las Vegas residency, called My 50 Year Trip, at the Wynn's Encore Theater. “Isn’t that funny?" Fogerty told Rolling Stone. "They could have said it two weeks ago or the day after next week. But it's them dogging my career, so it's not unusual."

It never ends.

The Beave likes this.
  16. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Fullbug likes this.
  17. Myke

Yep. I also don't quote those articles after being warned on here about posting Copyrighted pieces. A link is acceptable.

18. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

I really feel bad for John -- not for the reasons he wants us to -- but because he's so narcissistic that he actually thinks the timing of the announcement that a band he's not in, that (let's face it) so few people really care about, is ending is all about him.

19. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Anyone ever catch the look doug clifford gives to john fogerty at the end of the woodstock put a spell on you clip? It's almost if he's saying "was that f*****g good enough for you, ass***e?" He looks like he wants to kill him!

Fullbug and arisinwind like this.
  20. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

His paranoia about those guys seems pretty severe, doesn't it? He seems pathologically incapable of moving on from his grudges or really being happy.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    No Bull, intv7, Fullbug and 2 others like this.
  21. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Posting an entire copyrighted article would be wrong. Excerpting a few sentences from it is perfectly okay... it falls under fair use. In this case, the site you linked (ultimateclassicrock.com) could hardly complain about someone excerpting their article, since the article is itself based on excerpts from an interview published in Rolling Stone.

22. Myke

Don't care, tired of crossing a Gort.

23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Someday never comes...

24. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

25. MTCIII65

MTCIII65 Where The Loud Sound Abounds!

When I SKIMMED the title along with OP’s post - my eyes were like saucers, thinking “I need to tell my Dad this when I see him this weekend, we should watch for a potential CCRevival tour - Fogerty Is here next month, but next time.....this is something we could go to together!”

After that initial giddy wave, I have successfully returned back to reality as I track through the thread - :sigh:

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.