Crucial Reggae / Dancehall Post The Year 2000

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beenieman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. beenieman

beenieman Senior Member Thread Starter

Nice to speak to you. You've been involved in great stuff, as has Maximum Sound. Great dancehall tune from 2 big names.

2. beenieman

Today's tune.

Shane O - Hold O. On the Conquest Riddim from last year, 2019.

Reggae music is the most that everyone loves. They just need to hear it.

fingerpoppin and willy like this.
  3. beenieman

I need to post some Jamaican gospel. I listened to this song a lot a couple of years ago. I'm back in 2020. I should find some more Glacia Robinson too.

willy likes this.
  4. beenieman

Here's something extra. Gospel music from Jamaica.

I'll Give My Heart by Jodian Pantry

Jodian Pantry's entry in the JCDC Gospel Song Competition 2001.

willy likes this.
  5. beenieman

It's Easter so here's something religious. Made #1 in 2016

Vershon - Mercy A God.

6. beenieman

Easter Sunday morning. Anyone else inspired by reggae.

Here's Jabez with I Thirst

Enjoy.

What Jamaican music are you listening to today.

7. beenieman

Vybz Kartel - Ordinary Servant.

We'll get back to secular music tomorrow and at some point I'll write an essay about Vybz who is probably the most popular artist ever in Jamaica, yes that includes Bob.

He was probably always destined to fail to get international success for reasons I'll go into one day.

He has released thousands of songs.

zphage likes this.
  8. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I, and others with me, do occasionally post about new music in the Crucial Reggae thread, I don't think it is supposed to be only about old music, even if the majority naturally will be, so I think you are very welcome to post about these things in that thread too. Something that hasn't been touched on much, if at all, in that thread is the Dancehall side of things from say mid/late-80s onward. We had a 90s Dancehall thread here for a few seconds, but it only lasted a couple of pages and didn't stand much chance to survive. Personally, even if it isn't really my area, I have to say I prefer the more recent Dancehall to the 90s stuff, so I'll try to think of something to post here, along with repeating some of my recommendation of more recent Reggae.

I was going to post this in the Crucial Reggae thread, but might as well drop it here instead then: Protoje Announces Label Deal With RCA

I don't care too much about Protoje, but I'm looking forward to more material from Sevana and Lila Iké. Here they are together with Naomi Cowan and Jaz Elise doing their respective songs on the "Rock & Groove" riddim (released on the mentioned In.Digg.Nation label), and then halfway through, before they can be stopped, they start freestyling on some old standards (so watch the whole way):

The original songs are, in order initially heard, Naomi Cowan "Peace Of Mind", Jaz Elise "Rock & Groove", Sevana "Haul & Pull Up" and Lila Iké "Sweet Inspiration".

They also recorded individual performances for 1Xtra on this occation, they're not necessarily Reggae or Dancehall, but I'll post them as well below. I absolutely love this quartet of ladies... :love:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    fingerpoppin likes this.
  9. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Naomi Cowan, “Climbing”:

10. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Lila Iké, “Where I'm Coming From”:

11. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Sevana, “Nobody Man”:

12. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Jaz Elise “Fresh & Clean”:

13. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I'd be a bit careful about the "most poular ever" bit. This is kind of the same as with the Beatles, every year there is some Popstar who is bigger, by some statistic. In the 80s in Jamaica it was Yellowman that was bigger than Bob, now it's Vybz, but in reality, no matter how big they are at a certain moment, no one will ever come anywhere near the omiprecense that Bob has, and that includs back in JA.

But yes, Vybz is probably the biggest at the moment, and he has been for a long time, I am amazed by his longevity in market that always craves the next thing, and I don't really understand it, but it is what it is.

So to tie in with that, and since I like to highlight current female artists, here is Shenseea with her breakthrough track "Loodi", which is a remix of a Vybz track (and I have to say I think she elevates greatly something that sounded pretty average originally).

willy likes this.
  14. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Here's another more recent one from Shenseea, "Blessed", and I'm not sure if it is an answer song to Popcaan's (it was released later the same year) or if there's a connection, maybe it's just that the "best"/"blessed" couplet was the hip thing of the moment.

It relates to the article I posted about Protoje's major label deal since this was Shenseea's first major label release (she was also mentioned). This is as much Hip-Hop as it is Dancehall, but I think it is interesting, because for a long time it has been fashionable in Pop/R&B/Hip-Hop to borrow Dancehall elements and take it high on the charts, but calling the influences "island" or "tropical" or some nonsense instead of giving credit where credit's due, all this while the actual Dancehall artists have had trouble seizing the opportuntity to get in on the action and have a piece of that Pop-pie, but now it looks like maybe some of them are being able to cross over and reap some of the fruits themselves.

15. beenieman

Thanks for engaging in the thread and for your contributions. I read the article about Proteje, and went down a bit of a rabbit hole clicking some other threads on the page.

Let's hope this works out. Successes with big label signings have been few & far between.

I do follow the Crucial Reggae thread and understand why the focus is largely on older music. I've thought most of the focus on recent stuff was when it could be linked back e.g. when someone is touted as bringing back the old vibes. Maybe that's just my own bias.

I am more of a fan of recent stuff than 90's reggae but there is good stuff coming on a continuous basis for coming up to 60 years which really is remarkable.

Speaking of the ladies here is Spice with Black Hypocrisy. Colourism is an issue both in Jamaica and the US which is rarely talked about outside of black communities.

Spice has had a number of hits a lot of which I've enjoyed.

Ital Galore likes this.
  16. beenieman

Point taken. Comparisons can be invidious. I got into reggae during Yellowman's run and he was everywhere and had so many hits that he dominated on the charts and the streets. Beenie had a pretty good run too. As did Bounty & Buju.

There's no touching Bob in a worldwide sense. He's known and heard everywhere in the world and Vybz certainly doesn't approach that. And Bob Marley has achieved an elevated status in Jamaica which is almost godlike.

But what a run Vybz has had. He's stayed at the top (in terms of the charts) in Jamaica for much longer than Bob or Yellowman and to date shows no signs of slowing down despite his circumstances.

I did do a search on the Crucial Reggae thread for Vybz and he had one mention in passing so hopefully this thread fills a gap regarding dancehall today.

Thanks again for the contributions which I'm working through.

17. imagnrywar

imagnrywar Senior Member

I have nothing substantive to add, but just want to say that this is a great idea for a thread (as was the '90s dancehall thread). I wish that they would put out an updated 4th edition of The Rough Guide to Reggae. That book was indispensable (to me at least) for making sense of the various styles/subgenres/trends over the decades. The 3rd edition was published in 2004, so we're coming up on 2 decades unaccounted for in the latest edition.

If anyone feels like summing up the last 2 decades of reggae music in a couple of sentences or paragraphs (or more), I'd be interested...

18. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I was tempted to try, but no can't do it, I will say that Reggae is more diverse stylistically and more widespread geographically than ever, unfortunately the market is probably more fractured and smaller than ever as well.

Now a question, how many of the tracks featured in this thread have had a physical release?

19. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

You're correct that most of the new stuff posted there is what would also appeal to fans of the vintage music, so it gets limited that way. A lot of what I would post here would also be in that vein, but I'll try to be a bit more diverse. :)

As the lyrics start out, "It's not what you expect...", a Reggae rhythm with a sung vocal and a "concious" lyric from Spice, what?! :p And while I'm all behind the message I'm not sure sure what to think of a singing Spice...o_O I don't doubt her seriousness on the subject though.

Like with the Shenseea track above, almost ten years earlier Spice also had her breaktrough with a Vybz collaboration, "Romping Shop" (so this says something about Vybz continued status over time). The themes of that is more typical of Spice (than the one above), and without going into detail suffice to say it was banned by the Jamaica Broadcasting Corporation! (Since then there has been so much explicit Dancehall that I can't see how JBC can be bothered, or they'd just have to ban everything.) Spice has made several more collaborations with Vybz, and I guess she is now his female counterpart in Dancehall, so teaming up the King and Queen, as it were. (Their connection makes her making that "Black Hypocrisy" track more complex, as he is often accused of "bleeching".)

Just like with Vybz I think she has limited appeal for the mainstream market (compared to for exampel Shenseea), because she is so hardcore Dancehall. Her lyrics are as noted on the extreme side, which makes them nothing unique in Dancehall, but the thing I like with her is that it is done with a large amount of humour and tongue in cheek, everything, both lyrics and visuals (you really need the videos along with it to get the full experience and the fun spirit of it) are taken to such extremes that it becomes cartoonish, but in a cool and fun way, at least that's my take. I have also seen Spice live and it was exactly as you'd expect, completely and totally over the top, with a dance troupe that performed what can only be classified as a circus act, I thought it was great fun! I can see how it's not for everyone though, and as I was thinking of a video to post I started thinking how most of them (at least the fun ones) probably break the rules for what's allowed to post here (hardly "safe for work", as is a phrase I see used)! :oops:

I'll take a chance with this, which is generally on the milder side (I'm not sure what the difference, if any, is with this and the more popular "raw" version of the video), and for anyone unfamiliar with Spice this is by far her most popular track (which has also reached to a more mainstream audience):

I think it is amazing and almost unbelievable how he has manged to stay on top, I mean how does it even work practically?

That sounds to much like work, but if you'd like some aural orientation, by listening through what have been the very biggest tracks, I have a couple of playlists you can check out. I have put together (and continually add to) the complete Reggae Gold and Strictly The Best series (a couple of series of compilations that have run from the early 90s until today), the playlists run in reverse chronology, so they start with what's most recent. These have Reggae and Dancehall and basically anything that relates to Jamaican music, but these are just the big hits, so there's of course plenty of other things happening outside the scope of these. Obviously you can't play all of it (I once did when I was clearing out an apartement, took me over a week of continous playing all wake time), but you can pick a year and sample.

Reggae Gold, a playlist by 99thfloor on Spotify
    Strictly The Best, a playlist by 99thfloor on Spotify

(The Reggae Gold compilations come out each summer and is a mixture of everything, the Strictly The Best compilations come out in winter and are usually divided in two volumes where one is Dancehall/deejays and one is Reggae/singers.)

From the last five years there will probably be hardly any, but before that it's not uncommon, Spice for example has had a bunch of her songs out on 7", but it's mostly those from before she had really become big.

I looked up some statistics, and another notable thing is that while she has yet to release a proper album she has (according to Wikipedia) done 83 singles and 63 videos, which also tells a lot about how these things work.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    imagnrywar likes this.
  20. beenieman

I wrote when Vybz Kartel released his first album way back in 2003, wow that long ago, that he was probably reggae's first nihilist.

Nihilist = rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless.

That's probably too extreme but...

Vybz in general is not about hope, positivity or escape. He's about living in the ghetto and staying there, which 60 years after independence is what a lot of Jamaicans face.

He doesn't tell you to lively up yourself and knows that when reggae music hits you then you do feel pain.

There are street dances where the selector will only play his music. That's unprecedented. His music is for the permanently dispossessed.

And it helps that he is a brilliant lyricist who has shown no real interest in breaking internationally and instead was, until his incarceration, building his own "empire" in Kingston.

His ambition was not to get an international recording contract but to be a Don.

Talk about relatable.

21. beenieman

I looked up Chronic Law, who started this thread, in August 2019 to see how many songs he had on youtube. For Jamaican artists a song on youtube is effectively a single right? He had 212 and by the time I finished, it took a few days, had probably released some more. OK, some were probably the same song with a different title but that level of releasing songs is not abnormal.

I won't attempt such an exercise again but here's the list:

1 Chronic Law & Squash One Family
    6ixReal Records 2019
    2 Chronic Law Weakness (Still Ago Smile)
    Hemton Music / FlydieWise Production 2018
    3 Chronic Law Stress Free
    Eastsyde Records 2017
    4 Chronic Law & Sanity DSane1 Nuttn Dont Nice Prosperous Riddim MarkusRecords 2019
    5 Chronic Law Circumstances
    Air Records 2019
    6 Chronic Law Rich Gyal G6ixx Riddim Shab Don Records 2019
    7 Chronic Law Bless Me Conquest Paradise Riddim Damage Musiq 2019
    8 Chronic Law & Kash Good Weed Charge Up Riddim Dunwell Productions 2019
    9 Chronic Law Hillside
    Elite Generation Records 2018
    10 Vybz Kartel & Chronic Law Can't Kill We TJ Records Dismay Riddim 2019
    11 Chronic Law Pain
    Papi Don Muziq 2019
    12 Chronic Law Too Easy
    Shab Don Records 2019
    13 Chronic Law Friendship Super Hero Riddim Kwashawna Records 2019
    14 Chronic Law Anything A Anything
    One Time Music / Sonovic Music 2019
    15 Chronic Law Hide My Tears (Mother's Song)
    BMusicProductions 2018
    16 Chronic Law & Fya Doops Upset Days (Good Times, Bad Times) Eastsyde Records 2018
    17 Chronic Law Every thing change now
    East Syde Records. 2018
    18 Chronic Law Guide My Step
    Swagg Records 2018
    19 Chronic Law Love Ina Mi Heart Bloody Judgement Riddim Itz-Beez-Da TrackStar 2018
    20 Chronic Law They Will

21 Chronic Law Family Different From Link
    Best Dem Records 2019
    22 Chronic Law Cyaa Lonely 1 Option Riddim
    23 Chronic Law Cold Dews
    Papi Don Muziq 2019
    24 Shane E & Chronic Law The Dream
    Ultimate Street Team Music / Hemton Music 2018
    25 Chronic law Cell Block Cell Block Riddim Bragga Phelps Records 2018
    26 Chronic Law Fight
    Elite Generation Records 2019
    27 Chronic Law Peak Crown Royal Riddim] Countree Hype 2019
    28 Chronic Law God Don't Sleep
    East Syde Records. 2017
    29 Chronic Law Mi Remember Osmosis Riddim Hungry Lion Records 2019
    30 Chronic Law Feelings Weekend Love Riddim YGF Records, Devario Productions & Ridwaan 2019
    31 Chronic Law Style Lifestyle Riddim Frenz For Real 2019
    32 Chronic Law Firm Ground Same Way
    EastSyde Records & Sycka Beats 2017
    33 Chronic Law Live Life
    Johnny Wonder & Adde Instrumentals 2019
    34 Chronic Law Miss Yuh

35 Chronic Law My Story
    Dunwell Productions & Unruly Ent 2019
    36 Chronic Law Nuh Call Me Nuh Gangsta

37 Chronic Law Born Fi Dis
    Attomatic Records 2019
    38 Chronic Law Walk Alone
    Flydie Wise Production 2018
    39 Chronic Law Trouble
    East Syde Records. 2018
    40 Chronic Law Fren Killa Supreme Riddim Dunwell Productions 2019
    41 Chronic Law Dead Already
    Hemton Music / FlydieWise Production 2019
    42 Chronic Law Unborn Child
    Sonovic Music / One Time Music 2019
    43 Chronic Law & Dane Ray Aha (Last Laugh) One Way Riddim Hemton Music and Attomatic Records 2019
    44 Chronic Law Organize Crime
    Hemton Music & Shabdon Records 2019
    45 Chronic Law We Alright
    One Time Music 2019
    46 Chronic Law Look Weh Money Cause
    Outta Nothing Production 2018
    47 Chronic Law Government
    Cashflow Rinse & KevStar Records 2018
    48 Chronic Law Problems Quandary Riddim Bertdem RecordsQuandary Riddim 2019
    49 Chronic Law Never Stop Try
    Temple Swing Records 2018
    50 Chronic Law Face Shot
    Shab Don Records 2019
    51 Chronic Law Falsifier
    6ixReal Records 2019
    52 Chronic Law Perfidious Circle
    East Syde Records. 2018
    53 Chronic Law Voyage
    Knock 6 Records 2018
    54 Chronic Law My Time Now
    HighLife Music Entertainment 2019
    55 Chronic Law Buy Bi Bye Lifestyle Riddim Young Tycoon Family 2019
    56 Chronic Law No Shy Side VVS Riddim Bilion Music Group 2019
    57 Chronic Law Big Life
    Brafazz Entertainment 2019
    58 Chronic Law Large Life
    High Life Music 2019
    59 Chronic Law & Jahvillani General Differently Unique Riddim YGF Records, Devario Productions & Ridwaan 2018
    60 Chronic Law Born Evil Witch Riddim Brafazz Entertainment 2018
    61 Chronic Law & Qpid Nation We Nah Dead Fi Now
    East Syde Records. 2017
    62 Chronic law man born evil
    Brafazz Entertainment 2019
    63 Chronic Law Yo Have Me
    Young Genz Muziq / Premier Music 2019
    64 Chronic Law Naa Lef It
    YGR / C1M 2019
    65 Chronic Law Pull Up Uptown Riddim Young Tycoon Family 2019
    66 Chronic Law Celebrate
    Seanizzle Records / Slock Entertainment 2019
    67 Chronic Law Cyaa Rush We
    Outta Nothing Production 2018
    68 Chronic Law Anytime
    Zimi Ent 2019
    69 Chronic Law Money Hunter Money Hunter Riddim Elite Generation Records 2019
    70 Chronic Law Dem Seh We Couldn't Dweet
    Tru Productions 2019
    71 Chronic law bring a friend

72 Chronic Law & Jakal Fren Fi Stay Real

73 Chronic Law Gal Yuh Perfect Touch Pal Riddim Silver Sun Music 2019
    74 Chronic Law Wild Wild West
    Karey Records 2019
    75 Chronic Law Hilltop Gyalis
    Track Starr Music 2019
    76 Chronic Law Nuh Play Dancehall Posse Riddim TJ Records 2019
    77 Chronic Law Nobody Nuh Perfect aka Typical Life One Aim Riddim Elite Generation Records 2019
    78 Chronic Law Night Time Anthem Medley Night Time Riddim Bragga Phelps Records 2017
    79 Chronic Law Press Di K

80 Chronic Law & Bully Frass Strength
    Bragga Phelps Music 2018
    81 Chronic Law & Crownboss Murda
    Devario Production 2019
    82 T'Jean & Chronic Law Energy

83 Chronic Law & Slippery Skeemaz Currency
    OSJ Records 2019
    84 Chronic Law Good Girl Bad Style
    Eastsyde Records 2019
    85 Chronic Law Easy Grave Diggin Riddim] Attomatic Records 2018
    86 Chronic Law Full House A Rifle
    Bragga Phelps Music 2018
    87 Chronic Law Funeral Bell
    EastSyde Records & Valinteno Records 2018
    88 Chronic Law Bruk Dayz
    East Syde Records. 2017
    89 Chronic Law Bad Road
    East Syde Records. 2018
    90 Chronic Law Real Know Real
    Bragga Phelps Records & Eastsyde Records 2018
    91 Chronic Law Money Pree

92 Chronic Law No Lie

93 Chronic Law All Night YGM Riddim Yung Genz Musiq & EastSyde Records 2017
    94 Chronic Law Warm And Wet
    Bragga Phelps Music 2018
    95 Chronic Law Tropical Oasis
    East Syde Records. 2017
    96 Chronic Law Sex Drive
    Knock 6 Records 2018
    97 Chronic Law Full Package
    Hemton Music 2018
    98 Chronic Law Hurt You
    Fresh Boys On Da Track 2019
    99 Chronic Law Nah Kool Off (Audio)
    StrateG Records - Deadline Recordz 2019
    100 Chronic Law We Coudn't Dweet Road Winner Riddim Truproductions \ Brawlamusic 2019
    101 Chronic Law Flourish
    Papi Don Muziq & Flydie Wise Production 2019
    102 Chronic law ride pon me

103 Chronic Law Chronic Law
    Wap Dem 2018
    104 Chronic Law Change
    East Syde Records. 2018
    105 Chronic Law Stand Strong

106 Chronic Law Weak Heart

107 Chronic Law & Daddy 1 6ix Badness
    Skibbo Don Music 2019
    108 Chronic Law Buss Dem Head
    Yung Rich Records 2019
    109 Chronic Law Money Physician
    Outta Nothing Productions 2019
    110 Chronic Law Ano Holiday Badness (dancehall) Lando Records & Outta Nothing Production 2018
    111 Chronic Law Love Weed
    Starz & Dreamz Music 2018
    112 Chronic Law 1 Spliff Nuh Enough

113 Chronic Law Touch Down Refix ( January 2019)
    114 Chronic Law Mammy Prayer
    Deano Deann Records / Fire Thunda 2019
    115 Chronic Law Guns Out Fighta Jet Riddim Elite Generation Records 2018
    116 Chronic Law If A Neva Mommy

117 Chronic Law Sport Mode
    Dane Raycords & K-Swiss Production 2019
    118 Chronic Law Hill Top Freestyle
    Hemton Music 2018
    119 Chronic Law Infidelity Infidelity Riddim Halcyon Music 2018
    120 Chronic Law Normal Pree
    Swagg Records 2018
    121 Chronic Law Mummy

122 Iyara & Chronic Law Bank of America

123 Chronic Law & Unknown Gringo Money Machine
    Shab Don Records 2019
    124 Chronic Law No Joke Kollege Rok Records Anuh Town Alone Riddim 2019
    125 Chronic Law Cherish (Just U)

126 Chronic Law Say

127 Chronic Law Life Changes

128 Chronic Law Work
    East Syde Records. 2019
    129 Chronic Law Tribute
    Kai Kai Records 2019
    130 Chronic Law Heartless

131 Chronic Law From The Other Day
    132 Chronic Law Nah Kill Up MI Self
    Bragga Phelps Records 2018
    133 Chronic Law Celebrate Now
    Seanizzle Records 2018
    134 Chronic Law No Saint Ear Bud Riddim DJ Smurf Music 2018
    135 Chronic Law Naah Worry My Head

136 Chronic Law Luxury Life - January 2019
    Shab Don Records 2019
    137 Chronic Law & Fyah Doops Mummy Cry Tears

138 Chronic Law Far Away

139 Chronic Law Converter
    East Syde Records. 2018
    140 Chronic Law Buss Case
    Bragga Phelps Music 2019
    141 Chronic Law Live Good Blacq Magiq Riddim Fyba Glass Music 2019
    142 Chronic Law One Day

143 Chronic Law Protect My Own
    Elite Generation Records 2018
    144 Chronic Law High Roller Fully Aktiv Riddim
    145 Chronic Law & M Gee Money Badness
    Mechanic Inc. Music 2019
    146 Chronic Law I'll Be Okay

147 Chronic Law 4 Or More ( Masicka Diss)

148 Chronic Law Holding On
    149 Chronic Law Naa Work Out

150 Chronic Law Cyan Kool (Beenie Man Diss)

151 Chronic Law Gyal Dem A Mad Ova
    Outta Nothing Production 2019
    152 Chronic Law Firmer

153 Chronic Law Paradox

154 Chronic Law 666
    Bragga Phelps Music 2018
    155 Chronic Law Braffing (Raw) Morning Bliss Riddim Luigi Society & Jr Bloodline 2018
    156 Chronic Law & SkilliBeng Gyalis Code (Wanna Be Like Us) East Syde Records. 2018
    157 Chronic Law Fire
    Audiam 2018
    158 Digree & Chronic Law 6ix Outside {Freestyle}
    WhyteLite Production & Kahtion Beatz 2019
    159 Chronic Law Ready

160 Chronic Law Challa Weekend
    East Syde Records. 2017
    161 Chronic Law Everything
    High Life Music 2018
    162 Chronic Law Terrible Weather

163 Chronic Law Wha Dem A Pree
    East Link Records 2018
    164 Chronic Law Wi Wul It

165 Chronic Law Hunt Wi A Hunt

166 Chronic Law & YardhypeMusic (6ix) Loud
    YardhypeMusic 2018
    167 Chronic Law People Fi Burn Public Enemy Riddim Hemton Music 2017
    168 Chronic Law No More R. I.P

169 Chronic Law & Versi Brawling Murder Money Fever Riddim Shab Don Records 2018
    170 Chronic Law & Shinedown On My Way

171 Chronic Law Shallow Grave
    172 Jahvillani & Chronic Law Lavish
    YGF Records, Devario Productions & Ridwaan 2019
    173 Squash Ft. Chronic Law Nozzle (Raw)
    Hemton Music 2017
    174 Chronic Law Yo Have Me
    Young Genz Muziq 2019
    175 Chronic Law It Nuh Easy
    High Life Music 2019
    176 Chronic Law Head Crown Lift

177 Chronic Law Gun With Gyal
    Bragga Phelps Records 2019
    178 Chronic Law Nah Stay Suh Forever

179 Chronic Law Good Girl
    High Life Music 2019
    180 Chronic Law Life Goes On (Gone Too Soon)
    181 Chronic Law Miss Yuh Dawg
    High Life Music 2019
    182 Chronic Law Shouldn’t Lose You

183 Chronic Law Endz [Jahvillani & Masicka Diss]

184 Chronic Law Cyaa Lonely

185 Chronic law & Di -ruption mommy seh
    186 Chronic Law Gone too Soon

187 Fya Doops & Chronic Law Positive Medz

188 Chronic Law & Di Ruption Faith Move Mountains (Official Audio) prod by. Elite Generation
    189 Chronic Law She know Wa Gwan - February 2019 High Life Music 2019
    190 Chronic Law Dem Only A Talk (Raw) Chip City Riddim
    191 Chronic Law & Shakka Pee Paper Chase
    192 Chronic Law Always High
    High Life Music 2019
    193 Chronic Law Xbox

194 Chronic Law Six

195 Chronic Law Godly Path

196 Chronic Law It Easy Fi We (Diss Jahvillani?)
    High Life Music 2019
    197 Chronic Law Neva Lef It ( April 2017) [East Syde Records] East Syde Records. 2017
    198 Chronic Law Weed Mi Want Summer Dash Riddim Outta Nothing Production 2018
    199 Chronic Law Stay Real
    DJ Smurf Music 2019
    200 Chronic Law Gyal Thief
    201 Chronic Law Nuff Gyal
    Sky Bad Musiq 2019
    202 Chronic Law Gone Lef Dem
    75 Productions 2019
    203 Chronic Law Heartless Motion Time Riddim One Motion Records 2019
    204 Chronic Law Hill Top Badness
    Hemton Music 2018
    205 Chronic Law Bad Fi Real Blacq Magiq Riddim Fyba Glass Music 2019
    206 Chronic Law Money Talk Drop Dem Riddim Drop Top Records 2019
    207 Chronic Law & Shevv Di Goddess 1Don
    Live W Yah Records 2018
    208 Chronic Law Hillside (Acapella)
    209 Chronic law Me Run Di Place

210 Chronic Law No Weed No Medz (Freestyle)
    Ord Productions 2019
    211 Chronic law Face Full Up (Raw)

212 Chronic Law & Mad Dog & Furness Find Dem Dark Knight Riddim Outta Nothing Production 2018

I don't know how many tracks Spice has put out but it would be a lot more than Chronic Law as she's a much more major artist than he is.

22. beenieman

Here's Munga Honorable with a track that's not like he usually does. Coronation Day from 2013.

Even Haile Selassie did not "get" Rastafarianism.

His best tune in my view but he seems to have dropped off in the last few years.

23. beenieman

Here's a song I've listened to countless times.

Morgan Heritage - Nothing To Smile About.

The story is a tourist (from Norway) comes to Jamaica and wonders why, when living in a tropical paradise, Jamaicans aren't smiling all the time.

So they take him for a drive to show him what the tourists don't see. They look at the condition of police stations, the schools and the poorer areas with hungry children.

There's no answer when the tourist asks how the politicians can allow such a state of affairs.

It's thematically the song as Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise. That makes two shout outs Phil Collins has had in this thread!

willy likes this.
  24. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

Last year's Loyalty album by Morgan Heritage is crucial; this in particular...

25. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

Not pure dancehall by any means (elements of footwork in there, among other stuff) but the first Equiknoxx album Bird Sound Power is brilliant.