Crucial Reggae

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jackie P, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Mr Bassie

Mr Bassie Back for more

Interesting. What is the next gen going to have? My Omega’s have trouble with some of the dub I enjoy. Thinking on making a dedicated reggae system with more conventional speakers.

2. been drooling gallons on these, especially the A4's

Gary Fischer Speakers

Poison_Flour likes this.
  3. Mr Bassie

Mr Bassie Back for more

Those look pretty awesome.

4. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Nice new one (I guess it's been out a while, but video is new), produced by RoryStoneLove:

There's some more recent material on his channel (including one with Samory-I): rorystonelove

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Poison_Flour likes this.
  5. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Another more recent one (from last year at least) I've enjoyed, from another lady:

Naomi Cowan is the daughter of producer Tommy Cowan and singer Carlene Davis.

Wayne Hubbard likes this.
  6. Poison_Flour

Poison_Flour Forum Resident

Huge Tune Reissue Soon On Jah Fingers

Wayne Hubbard and nmesen like this.
  7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Three beatiful albums grabbed at the library today:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

On again. Back in the day my mother played it death. Love hearing it now.

black sheriff and Mr Bassie like this.
  9. Mr Bassie

Mr Bassie Back for more

Crucial

Purple Jim likes this.
  10. Poison_Flour

Albums | VP Records

VP Records will be releasing Prince Far I - Under Heavy Manners on CD in February only available as a download from VP for some odd reason as part of the Reggae Rewind series - with many questionable vinyl reissues floating about this may worth checking out

11. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

VP have done a few digital only releases in that series before, Johnny Osbourne Night Fall, Wailing Souls Wailing, Trinity Three Piece Suit and Best of Dennis Brown are some I can recall, I remember because it annoyed me that there were no physical versions.

That Prince Far I could do with a proper reissue, it has only been around on various Joe Gibbs releases. I have this CD somewhere, don't remember what it sounds like: Prince Far I - Under Heavy Manners

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Poison_Flour likes this.
  12. Poison_Flour

I read a few negative reviews on Discogs about the CDs
    Will be interesting to see if other three download only albums come out as well

13. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

What are the other three? The list of albums your link brought up had albums in no particular order, most of the others were titles that are out. Also when you click on the "view details" of Under Heavy Manners some of the options say "BUY CD", so maybe there will be a physical version as well...?

14. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

The reissue I bought in 2009 on The Joe Gibbs label was serviceable but works in a pinch. Definitely needs a wider audience.

15. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

Anyone here the Prince Far I Voice Of Thunder reissue from Get On Down?

16. Poison_Flour

The website is a mess I agree

Sorry

I was talking about the three you mentioned

Johnny Osbourne Night Fall, Wailing Souls Wailing, Trinity Three Piece Suit and Best of Dennis Brown

And yes I would love to see them in physical form

17. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Aha, actually those are four albums, that's why I didn't get it. But they were released digitally something like ten years ago, so I don't think they'll pick them up for physical release now.

18. knb

knb Forum Resident

There's a discussion of some of them a few pages back (p 138)

zphage likes this.
  19. Poison_Flour

Trinity Three Piece Suit was on cd by French Lable Crazy Joe dont know if you know much about them at all ?

20. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Yes, I have that and a bunch of others on the label (which is some sort of Joe Gibbs sub-label), I am just missing a couple of the very first titles (which have comtemporay music I think). Actually Under Heavy Manners was also on that label, but it seems LP only (but there had been the earlier Joe Gibbs Music CD I linked above). Here's the (almost) complete catalogue: Crazy Joe Records

Poison_Flour likes this.
  21. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

Calling all reggae experts, my shop got a collection this week and it contained a promo copy of Muzic Maika - Reggae With Us
    I can't find any evidence of the LP ever selling, I see one of the singles on the album routinely sells for over $200. Anyone have any info about the album or how sought after it is, trying to get an idea on how to price it

22. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

It's a weird market that late eighties stuff and also primarily a singles market so I don't know if "85 Degree" being on the album will make it worth big money or not, but it's an obscure LP so my advice is to auction it on eBay, start at $100 to cover yourself and let the market decide, who knows it may not sell at all or you might get $500+, but auction is your best bet.

NapalmBrain likes this.
  23. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Love the Horace Andy sample on this new one from Koffee. Produced by Walshy Fire.

Poison_Flour likes this.
  24. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Sunday morning tunes.