Curb Your Enthusiasm - Official ELEVENTH Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Palestinian Chicken is one of my favorites. Last night I rewatched the episode about Zaragozas when Francisco's aunt died, where Larry and Leon chip their teeth on fake fruit and Jeff bites his tongue (or rather Larry elbows him in the head while attacking Ted's movie display), leading to the climax of them running around like lisping three stooges at the end. That one was a masterpiece.

kanakaris, OldSoul and palisantrancho like this.
  2. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

I agree, I also recently watched all of season ten. Great episode!

3. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

I wasn’t expecting Albert Brooks, so it was a nice surprise, and it crossed my mind that it was a tribute of some sort. If not, it was the pairing of two comedy legends that I’d like to see again.

somnar likes this.
  4. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I just watched The Mini Bar. Now we're talking! Hilarious all the way through, and I finally care about the bribe storyline.

I now know never to sit in the middle of a dinner party. That explains a lot.

5. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Episode 3 was back to the classic Curb. Hilarious.

kanakaris, Bradd and OldSoul like this.
  6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I always wonder how Jeff is attractive to...anyone, much less gorgeous young women.

Daryl M and Thomas D like this.
  7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Money and power. Old rich fat guys pull a lot more women then poor studs with ripped bodies. Since the beginning of time.

somnar likes this.
  8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

My mouth hurt from laughing so hard during episode 3..

Billy Infinity likes this.
  9. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

Keyla Monterroso Mejia, as Maria Sofia, is stealing the show so far. Her "rehearsals" have been the funniest moments. The rest of the cast is trying too hard.
    I have to say that, as someone who has been "stage 4", I do not find the cancer jokes very amusing.

dead of night likes this.
  10. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Nice to see Patton Oswalt make an appearance. I wish he would come out with another stand up performance video.

somnar likes this.
  11. Billy Infinity

Leon: By the way, Larry, I’ve got an idea. It might be perfect for your ****ing minibar.

Larry: Really?

Leon: People go to hotels to ****, you understand?

Larry: Yeah, I understand, but that’s not necessarily true, but go ahead.

Leon: So, I take all the elements of an ED pill, and I infuse it into a beverage. I call it Tap Water.

Larry: Tap water.

Leon: Based on tapping that ass.

nosticker, BNell, Hammerhead and 4 others like this.
  12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Never thought I'd see LD in a hot dog eating contest, but there he was. Hilarious.

13. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

The Watermelon was hilarious!
    I feel this season is ramping up now, how is he still coming up with this stuff?! :laugh:

Hahahah

14. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yeah, that entire episode you felt like the plot themes were moving toward some horrible ending, but instead you had Larry sitting down to enjoy watermelon with his friends in typical unapologetic fashion and sounding the shofar from his balcony to save himself from a klansman. I liked the positive vibes.

palisantrancho and blind_melon1 like this.
  15. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Star Of David on the robe. Hilarious.

16. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

that was a classic episode! so much good stuff packed into a half hour.

17. Billy Infinity

He’s still got it. Episodes 3 and 4 were fantastic.

18. Buck Dancer

Buck Dancer Active Member

The last episode was vintage Curb, I really enjoyed it.

Episodes 2 and 3 had me a little worried but it looks like season 11 will be similar to season 10, some stinkers mixed in with the good and great.

palisantrancho likes this.
  19. palisantrancho

I loved season 10, especially after recently re-watching it. I feel season 11 is more on par with season 9, which may be the weakest season.

Watching season 6 again now and also rewatched season 7 and 8. There really isn’t a weak episode in any of these seasons. I love this show so much.

I am still not completely feeling this new season. The last episode had some classic moments so I hope they continue.

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Me too. There are certainly inspired plots and moments, but I'm not laughing as much as in the past. Maybe I'm just getting tired of it after all these seasons. Also, it seems like the episodes are getting too long, with too many subplots squeezed in. I find myself getting antsy and checking the time.

Susie has always worn bizarre, mismatching outfits. In the 4th episode, she showed that gorgeous tapestry, but then my eyes were glued to the totally bizarre top she was wearing. Where do the costumers find these things?

21. George P

George P Notable Member

Susie makes them.

Mark E. Moon likes this.
  22. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member

Agreed. I was a little disappointed with the first two episodes but The Mini Bar was funny and made me feel like the show had gotten its mojo back. The "middle" sub plot was classic Larry.

OldSoul and Billy Infinity like this.
  23. Buck Dancer

Buck Dancer Active Member

I rewatched season 9 just before 11 started. I had remembered it being OK but not up to the standard that I came to expect. After rewatching it, I dont know how I got that impression, it is terrific.

There were points in season 10 where I found myself questioning whether I would even watch another season if he made it. From what I remember, there was a run of bad and mediocre episodes around half way through and then it got much better.

Also, I thought Leon was terrible throughout season 10. Since he came on the scene, he has been my second favorite character, I love the relationship he has with Larry, they are fantastic together. But he was a shadow of the Leon that I love in this season and it suffered for it.

Another thing with season 10, I have a strong suspicion that it got censored. The urinal that Larry designed, which acted like a guillotine, and Funkhauser's post-op transexual son with the too big to control pen1s, seemed destined to collide. I can very well imagine that people at HBO were highly offended by this and forced Larry to take it out.

24. palisantrancho

I felt the same after watching season 10 again. I liked it much more than I remembered, but season 9 still felt weak after another viewing. You could be right about the sensor. I definitely thought that was gonna come up. Th guillotine urinal was a disaster waiting to happen especially with Chaz Funkhauser.

It's possible that season 11 will be better on a repeat viewing after it's all over.

Buck Dancer likes this.
  25. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Last two episodes were a welcome return to form...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.