Curious about Simaudio 340i integrated quality

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by CountryKraut, Apr 29, 2019.

1. eetu

eetu Forum Resident

Thanks for pointing that out. Clearly, I haven’t done my research - not being very motivated by bank my account

But 340i is becoming a stronger candidate.

wgriel and timind like this.
  2. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

You can always ad the DAC and/or phono stage at a later date if need be...

Upstateaudio, MGW and wgriel like this.
  3. Seko

Seko Member

Hello
    Hi Jan. I would like to upgrade moon 240 to 340 with dynaudio S40 if that can help to improve the sound quality. But no way to have a listen of 340 with S40. In addition, Whathifi review recommend the moon 240 for s40. So could you please give more detail about sound quality improvment you observed after your upgrade?
    Many thanks

4. mant1ana

mant1ana Forum Resident

I would agree this quote…i owned a Sim i7 fir 10 yrs and now have the 240i….i dont believe i have “downgraded” in sound quality, just power
    (150w vs 50w), but that’s not an issue in my smaller room. I never listened to the i3.3 or a Naim product, but i don’t know how anyone could find a Simaudio amp as “fatiguing”. Perhaps the i3.3 was developed for a lower priced market that likes a more energetic sound. In fact, that
    may be the case..i read one post here of an individual who upgraded to an i7 and wasn’t sure if he liked it as much as the i3.3.

5. mant1ana

mant1ana Forum Resident

i remember switching from a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated to my Sim i7….i liked the MF very much…had a lively, forward character
    but without any fatigue. It was somewhat disconcerting at first with the i7. It’s a little more neutral and laid back in comparison, but
    still dynamic and it retrieves more detail in a recording. After awhile, i really began to appreciate the Sim’s balanced, warmer, detailed
    and natural presentation. I only sold the Sim i7 when i sold my PSBs and Harbeths before moving across country. Now i own the 240i…

6. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Nice description of the i7's sonic character.