1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

David Bowie - Brilliant Adventure (1992-2001) [Box set #5]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

2. footstomper

footstomper Forum Resident

I certainly hope so!

croquetlawns likes this.
  3. falldog

falldog Calmer Man

I hear you. To be fair, a lot of substance has also been released - ignoring remixes which are contentious (and ignoring irritating release tactics/formats), we have had a bunch of early demos (some of which were unknown), some really good live stuff (WTTB, CA, IOD, the BLAs) and some one-offs (IIAW, CNB).

If the price of the substance is the existence of the tat (which I can happily ignore), then kudos to the tat (*).
    The tat reminds be of the huge amount of Elvis stuff that you still see being hawked even to this day, and I guess the Bowie stuff is just going to get as bad as that over time.

Although I have no desire for any of that "random stuff with 'Bowie' written on it", I really think the Bowie estate have missed a trick on the "onesie" front - a set of printed onesies depicting his famous looks would surely be more of a draw than a black T-shirt with "Bowie" stamped on it.
    The "Old Grey Whistle Test"/Ziggy cover jump-suit, a Yamamoto Ziggy outfit or two, The Thin White Duke, TJ Newton, Scary Monsters's Pierrot costume - I'd happily sit watching TV in any of those, and I'm fairly confident that with the hood up I wouldn't even be able to hear my wife telling me how sad I was :)

(*) Two album titles right there - "The Price Of The Substance" and "Kudos To The Tat" :D

4. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

There's one in Berlin as well! :uhhuh:

5. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Stayin' Alive

I wonder if Tony will pop in and sign some brickwalling?

6. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful Part 1

Does he sign "Rotten Tony" ? :winkgrin:

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  7. NightGoatToCairo

What would you have Tony do? Even with the hood down, TV's bass booster would probably be enough to mute the missus. Maybe you could erect a pole for Tony; he could dance around that to the "Heroes" album until he has to pause for a loss of energy.

8. NightGoatToCairo

"Rotten Tony [David's voice on Earth]"

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

When people stop buying.

10. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

I must have bought 30 copies of Low just to get a quiet version the 2nd side , I bought 15 each of the Orange label and of Green International labels, I must say I found more quiet versions of this green label, I have now 5 quiet versions as I sold the others !

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  11. healter skealter

healter skealter Mullered

If you were after a quiet side 2 and you now have 5, why did you carry on buying after you got your 1st good one? :laugh:

I must've got lucky with my week-of-release copy, lifted to order for me from Boots The Chemist by my dearly beloved 1st music buddy, now sadly deceased :cry: