David Bowie - Brilliant Adventure (1992-2001) [Box set #5]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Only draw back is you are out of pocket for a short while on 2 sets. Doesn’t hurt anybody and they will return to Parlo for a refund themselves or resell as a cheap warehouse deal.

2. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

sixstringmonk, jimhb and fluxkit like this.
  3. Jmetamatic

Jmetamatic This is the end of our oxygen supply.

Telling Lies Mix EP, Little Wonder 2 Remix EPs, Deadman Walking Remix EP and Im afraid of Americans Remix EP all on streaming.
    2022 remasters for most of the tracks and a couple of extras, too boot.

4. Innocent Smith

Innocent Smith Always crashing in the same car

Interesting that this hasn’t been mentioned anywhere official yet. Especially since it’s clearly connected to Earthling’s 25 anniversary yesterday. And since there seem to be some never previously released mixes in there.

5. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

The "unplugged" mix of "Little Wonder" is previously unreleased, and really something neat:

There's also a previously unreleased mix of "Nuts" on these digital EPs.

6. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Is the nuts mix available to hear on YouTube or anywhere? I don't have subscription streaming and don't plan to. I like that song a lot.

7. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

Here you go:

Probably falls into the "interesting but inessential" category for me, but I'm still glad they included it.

Colinjpush, bluedemon25 and aphexj like this.
  8. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

Does it seem likely that these EP sets will be available on physical formats? I really like the I'm Afraid Of Americans and Telling Lies EPs so it would be great to have the option to buy them (although, hopefully not in limited edition forms like Is It Any Wonder? which they would not replace despite it being damaged).

bluedemon25 and croquetlawns like this.
  9. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I think there's very little chance they will reissue these on physical form. EMI didn't for all the 80s-era digital EPs they reissued in the 2000s. The good news is: the original CD singles are still around, and pretty easy to come by

Colinjpush, Azorbz and croquetlawns like this.
  10. Innocent Smith

Innocent Smith Always crashing in the same car

I would still spring for a “best of” 2 or 3 disc remix compilation from the 90s. There are some really interesting tracks buried amongst all the boring four on the floor club mixes.

11. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Agreed, a digestible-length D n' B (with the backwards NIN-aping symbol) 90s Remix Adventure compilation on 2xCD & 4x12" would be swell

12. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

S’il-vous plaît respectez la langue de Molière qui n’est pas du tiers monde mais la lumière de ce dernier.
    Lesson one
    Please respect Moliere ´s language which is not a third world language but the light of the universe.

13. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

:laughup:

How's that 9th edition of l'Academie coming along? Been taking about thirty years to get it published, but anyhow I'm sure nothing from A to Enzyme will have needed updating since 1992...

14. bluedemon25

Thank you for posting the Nuts. Remix. I would love to get all of these on physical media if possible. I'll take digital but I like having the physical. I can hold and as a safety in case something happens to my digital files.

15. Jmetamatic

Just burn the files to CDR DVD R or BDR ... job done.

16. bluedemon25

I meant also to play in/on a CD player . Yes I still like doing that. Can flac be turned into CD playable? I assume it's wav CDs use?

croquetlawns likes this.
  17. Jmetamatic

18. bluedemon25

Thank you

19. bluedemon25

The reason I had to hang up was I thought there was some sort of tricky business with. I don't want the right word. Is folding down or converting if you're digital is 24 96 since a CD is 16/44. What do you do then so it doesn't mess it up and converts properly?

20. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

Make way for the homo superior

21. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

The issue with all these digital releases is, that you don't own the music. You paid, but you don't own it.
    You kind of rented it. You think it's yours, until someone pulls it off the source it is on - like neil young
    and joni mitchell recently...

Azorbz, croquetlawns and bluedemon25 like this.
  22. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

There are ways to turn that around, which is almost what they force a fan to do.

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  23. Colinjpush

Colinjpush Master of Rhythm and Pacing

I assume you’re speaking towards streaming, because I’ve bought many a thing off iTunes over the years that have since been pulled and I still have the files. Streaming would be a different story though

24. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

This 'ownership' malarkey confuses the issue, intentionally or not. Do you truly own the music on your CD collection? Or is it that you have notched bits of plastic with a license for personal use of the music encoded in them, with prohibitions on sharing / public broadcast (depending on your jurisdiction)?

folkfreak and Colinjpush like this.
  25. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I thought that issue was settled for physical media by a surcharge agreed to by the music “industry.” Or was that just blank cassettes and CD-Rs?