David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

It was officially announced...look at Bowie's Twitter page. Also, how many scalpers do you really think use SHF as their go-to for drop info?

Cat People likes this.
  2. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

You are right?

3. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Can you give me a time-stamp for the confetti incident? I’ve watched the clip, but I didn’t notice it.

It is possible the guilty party was my friend Alison (she of the foot-touching incident). I know she was at this show — I was not — and she was notorious for sending birthday cards full of confetti and glitter. I used to be picking that crap out of the carpet for weeks after my birthday.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

I just got refund for my misplaced BLA#1 LP (ordered in November), so that confirms the item is really sold out....

Curveboy likes this.
  5. Totti is god

Fak man

6. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

That sucks....I honestly feel like they should have 100 or so extra copies of each for when stuff like this happens.

7. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wonder why it took months and months for them to realize that they didn't have any more copies in stock?

8. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I might have been getting the clips mixed up but I was referring to the Radio City Music Hall show (where he is wearing the green shirt). I have looked back at the clip posted here and it's not very clear - I am sure I have seen an edit where DB recoiled a little when the confetti was thrown. But you can see it at about the 2 minute mark.

You can also see some people at the foot of the stage trying gather the confetti up while David is singing.

stepeanut likes this.
  9. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

They hopped to find a copy for me and I was ready to wait but finally they gave up.

10. lptf

lptf Forum Resident

Is the time well past overdue to accept the fact that a term like 'customer service' to these large company/corporations means "you bring ya stick, we got ya grease?"
    Did not a clarion call go out to boycott these entities...even at the risk of confronting 'cold turkey' and entering 'fan rehab?'
    Is it difficult to discern which is more disturbing: 'Shilling the Rubes' or the Pavlovian response that feeds these beasts?
    For those mourning the "end of the world as we knew it and (do not) feel fine" ... "y'all can tell about it on the next Bardo."
    In the meantime...searching for the whereabouts of an empty BLA box to satiate anticipated Jonesing.
    ( Rip Van Winkle...confronting 1984 circa 2021... )

11. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Yeah it is right there on the David Bowie main news page - for all to see.

Totti is god likes this.
  12. Lecords

Lecords Forum Resident

Any guesses as to what time it goes on sale on Friday? Has there been a consistent on-sale time thus far?

13. fermez_le_chat

fermez_le_chat Active Member

I think it was around 2-3pm in the UK. Not sure about the US, but usually later than when it's available in the UK. Australia could be first.

14. fermez_le_chat

fermez_le_chat Active Member

Did they reimburse in the end?

15. falldog

falldog Calmer Man

Even more so now that the main site have started to announce them in advance rather than when they actually go up for sale :(

For all those complaining that this campaign couldn't have been handled any worse - this one's on you! Parlophone obviously accepted your challenge!! ;)

To be fair, I guess it also means that some genuine people who missed the last one might stand more of a chance of being able to take a break from work when it goes on sale - but if the numbers available are as low as last time, the fan vs scalper fight is going to be more intense with the advance notice ... so perversely, MORE fans might miss out. We'll see.

16. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Somehow I think SITA won't sell out as fast as LATM (tracklist, short tour, 1 cd, PH, earlier streaming and download availability, some tracks previously released).

17. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

:D

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Wasn't there a person - or persons - who would toss glitter during the "moondust will cover you" part of "Spaceboy" for years?

Unless I'm crazy - :shrug: - recall seeing that a hunkabuncha times!

Bink likes this.
  19. Nitram

Nitram Forum Resident

Vol.6 most probably Vienna although the show after Paris (Live Video and Audio Stream on Bowienet and was already planned as Live Album)
    or
    "Surprise": Complete Vh1 Storytellers on Cd (Wasn't complete yet, although the remainig songs were on the DVD). Re-release like Liveandwell.com

Anyway it will be a release with 99% the same songs and nearly identical performance as Vol. 5 Paris. (he wasn't very inspired during these shows)

I don't understand it. We already have the VH1 and Paris. The missing songs are only Ashes to Ashes, Cracked Actor, I'm afraid of Americans, Stay, and If I'm dreaming my life.

Do we really need a third show of this Mini Tour?

I hate Live complications but I would prefer a Complication of all/most missing songs he played 1995-99.

I've attended the Vienna show and it was,... well ok but after the great Vienna Arena 1997 a big disapointing. (Bowie with lyric sheets, short show,...)
    Best was the small crowd but Vienna Arena 1997 were also only 2300 people and absolut no problem to get to the front. 2 1/2 hours and of the 53 shows since 1978 for me still the second best. (Best was Vienna 1978 perhaps because it was the first)

BTW LATM is a good show but one of the weakest of the other 1997 European Earthling shows.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    innuendo141 likes this.
  20. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

I don’t care , what’s your problem !

21. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

That would have been brilliant , it is available on vinyl but apparently with sound problems.

22. Totti is god

you
    quote my post and you wondered who buys t-shirts, mugs and etc. at all. now you pretend to be smart.

23. Rob Byrne

Rob Byrne British, music lover

...as sampled by Kate Bush on Hounds Of Love.

24. aladdinziggydogs

aladdinziggydogs Forum Resident

I think look at the moon is great but think i prefer the version of "stay" on outside in budapest! just think bowie sings it better!!!

25. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Has anyone who ordered from Warner Music Canada received BLA-4 yet or even had it shipped?