David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

The boxes are sold out already?

2. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Unofficial release. That's why.

AlienRendel and dead of night like this.
  3. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I just grabbed the CD & box from the U.S. Store, whew! Looks like the UK store may be sold out though?

colindpratt and Phillip Walch like this.
  4. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Well they weren't even on sale yet in the the DIG!-store,
    David Bowie - Brilliant Live Adventures

So maybe there will be more available later?
    (On the other hand, I think I could handle it if I miss out on an empty box)

Timjosephuk likes this.
  5. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Bcs lp’s and cd’s not limited. I support my local store. Empty box not interested, especially like this

6. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

It's almost unbelievable to see how a record company can turn a good idea into another nice mess in record time.

gamuzajoe and Phillip Walch like this.
  7. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

Crazy if they are so limited that they are already sold out in the UK

8. JumpinJimF

JumpinJimF Still perfecting ways of making sealing wax

Great. I ordered CD, LP, T-shirt and two empty cardboard boxes.

No of course I didn’t, I just ordered the CD.

Rob Byrne likes this.
  9. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

How the Fudge can they sell out of an item they haven't even manufactured yet? It's creating pointless scarcity that will only annoy people who didn't order in the first 11 hours. This is the kind of nonsense they need to stop.

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I should have signed up for email first save that $1.50 via 15% discount.

Almost paid the extra $8 for next day shipping. Almost. Already at $115, what's another eight?

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

They are not. This is just done to create a hype!

12. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Empty box this or that (I don't need it)
    I am very happy about this new live project!

I am wondering if liveandwell.com will be released since this can never be titled as "brand new".
    Maybe this and BBC2000 are part of boxset 5

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You would think they would've gotten the artists to sign off when they participated.

It's not like no one in 1997 thought "gee, we might wanna release this someday!"

stepeanut likes this.
  14. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

With shipping the total is a bit less than €20 (€19.87), which is around the max I'm willing to pay. (And I realize the ChangesNowBowie was even a bit more expensive than that at my record store)
    David Bowie - Ouvrez Le Chien (Live Dallas '95) CD

fishyboots likes this.
  15. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I'm a sucker, I bought both the vinyl and box because I'd rather be safe than sorry, knowing what limited Bowie stuff ends up fetching in the aftermarket

16. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

This is becoming a bit like the Elvis Presley catalogue, where the market was flooded with live albums, after his death. I’m glad I’m not a completist.

17. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Thanks, I was there before and got the quotes I supplied in GBP, getting the EU pricing you mentioned now.

18. Roxy6

Roxy6 Forum Resident

5 minutes ago I was able to pre-order the cd in the Bowie store

19. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

the same here :doh:

hope they will split to two shipments.

excellent marketing move with empty box btw

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    BeardedSteven likes this.
  20. gamuzajoe

gamuzajoe Forum Resident

I think that’s the key not to expect Liveandwell.com in BLA but in Box 5, but you never know with the encrypted Parlophone press releases.

21. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

That is an expensive water bottle.

22. ScaryMercedes

ScaryMercedes Forum Residents

This is my favorite Bowie era. I am glad it's finally getting some love! I am also optimistic that, with this year's releases getting their own box, the 2021 box set will be full of even more unheard material.

If this is six albums, and it includes what's already come out, then that only accounts for Ouvrez, Liveandwell, and Something. If they angle for maximum disappointment, maybe Storytellers will wind up in there too. That leaves at least two (hopefully three) totally new things!

What could they be? A full Earthling show, including "O Superman", "Fun", and the rest, would be glorious. A '96 show with the proto-"Telling Lies", "Jump They Say", "Baby Universal", and "Lust for Life" would be hugely satisfying. Even more snippets of '95, with other Outside tracks we haven't gotten live yet and a "My Death", would be great.

Nothing left from '99 interests me, since we already have the one show with Reeves and one regular "full" show.

23. So wait, these (specifically the CD’s) can only be purchased one by one over time, only from a couple different “official” websites — each with their own separate(!) presumably $6 per order shipping charge.

And each one might sell out, so you have to pre-order each one (separately), thus incurring something like $30-$36 in total shipping charges alone?? - not even counting the price of each individual CD??

What a nightmare. THIS is the live Bowie material I’m most interested in, along with the 2002 tour.

Does this really have to be this hard??

$30+ in total shipping costs alone?? - because they’re coming out in dribs and drabs??

I hate streaming as a reliable source long-term, and GREATLY prefer buying music on CD. But I’m not sure I want to have to do 6 different pre-orders, and all that nonsense. And I’m a mega-fan of 90’s and 2000’s era Bowie, but this is madness.

24. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I pulled the trigger on a vinyl copy. I'm not interested in the box, but would be cool to have if I had the other boxes. But I couldn't resist the record, especially since it's from the Outside tour. I do wish it was more complete with the Nine Inch Nails tracks but I think it would be easier to raise Bowie from the grave than for the label shell out the cash to license that material. Oddly enough, a few months ago I found a CD bootleg from one of the shows in a used bin at a local record shop, an old KTS called Live.Inside which has to be either complete or really close.

I will be keeping an eye on how this pans out, I take it they're all going to be exclusive to the webstore, but if this one starts showing up in other stores I'll be waiting on the others to do the same.

fishyboots likes this.
  25. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

They will be widely available in local stores don't worry. Only empty boxes are limited but not LP and CD !

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Rooster_Ties likes this.