David Bowie - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Feb 1, 2022.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

We may not know until it's released.

2. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

They must really not want my to buy it then. Seriously, I was all prepared, but not for $60. At this rate, I can live with what I have until (if) this thing sells poorly and they put it on sale by at least 50%. I'm still wondering how many Divine Symmetry CD sets sold at $120. I really like it, but I'm one of the lucky ones that got it at $69.98.

scobb, Azorbz, MrJerry1876 and 2 others like this.
  3. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

Ziggy * The MP
    2CD + 1 Blu

26 Euros on Dramazon.fr (pre-order)

sounds fair to me

4. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

From the Farewell Speech uploaded to YouTube, it looks substantially better to my eyes. I might be misremembering the quality of the DVD as I haven't watched it in a while. Looking at the previously uploaded YouTube clips (I can only seem to find them at 480p at best), this looks to be a vast improvement.

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

My biggest fear with the "Ziggy" movie Blu-ray?

"Get Back" level grain reduction. :sigh:

jhm likes this.
  6. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

From the clips we already have access to, it doesn't seem like that will be a problem.

jhm and Oatsdad like this.
  7. Jepsom

Jepsom Forum Resident

I don`t understand...is the blu-ray only audio or is it the actual film with restored scenes like the visual
    Mike Garson intro set which does not appear to be listed amongst the tracks. No DVD mentioned either.

8. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

The Blu-Ray has the film, but also comes with two discs (CD) for audio. I don't think any of the talk / performance being recorded live on the 3rd will be on the discs, as that would be such a short period to put it into the physical release. I'm expecting that to be available on YouTube.

9. Jepsom

Jepsom Forum Resident

Thank-you, but I meant the 07/03/73 concert which had Mike Garson play solo to 4 DB tunes including Life on Mars prior to
    Ode to Joy and Bowie and the rest of the bands` arrival. I guess Mike played certain songs that were not performed for whatever reason during the actual show to please audience members who would not hear those selections by the man himself.

10. Jepsom

Jepsom Forum Resident

Might have been after Beethoven`s ninth, but it was difficult to tell after hearing His Masters Voice.
    Songs included as well SO, JIOD, AND ZS if memory serves right.

11. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

To my understanding, the only new material included will be the two Jeff Beck tracks. I'd love for Garson's solo to be included, but it hasn't been listed on the CD / LP releases, so I don't think it will be included.

Jepsom and jhm like this.
  12. Jepsom

Jepsom Forum Resident

Ya, it looks that way. I guess they`ll wait for the 75th anniv. to include it!

Azorbz likes this.
  13. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Hate to be That Guy, but I just wanna know when the 24/96 soundtrack drops. No more physical media incoming chez moi,, so a hjnt towards a timeline for US cinema screenings would also be appreciated. Been to the official website, and threw up in my mouth a little when I encountered the "Mo-Pi" pun.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  14. moomoomoomoo

It would be nice if they do a 96/24 dl; but I'm going to want the blu-ray too................

15. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Official site says a h-res audio is being made available.YMMV, but I find that often I buy video disks and they sit on a shelf untouched unless I need the audio. I've seen ZS:TMP. An evening at the movies makes more sense for my current lifestyle.

16. moomoomoomoo

I have the dvd, but I'm assuming the br will be a significant upgrade. I don't watch a lot of music video either, but this show is pretty special & holds my attention.

Is there a thread for this release? I'm starting to price shop. Pop Mart is $51 for cd.br, which is too much.

bluedemon25 and Azorbz like this.
  17. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Amazon U.K. with shipping to the U.S., is about $35 total. But the receipt time is approximately two weeks out from release date, so if you must have it day one, that's a bad option.

Azorbz likes this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

My current player is region free, but I don't know if my next one will be or not.

19. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Well it's only taken fifty years, right ? So what's another 14 days on that timetable.

TonyCzar and prymel like this.
  20. moomoomoomoo

I went to Amazon.uk to check. I can only find vinyl & cd only.

21. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

It was no issue for me, I saw the price and grabbed it.

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  22. moomoomoomoo

Any chance of a link? I can't find it.

23. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Here's what I see - the offer is for the CD/BR combo.
    Amazon U.K. link

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

Thank you!! I could only find one with cd, streaming & vinyl options.

prymel likes this.
  25. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

To be honest, given prices elsewhere, I have my doubts about the veracity of this listing, and won't be surprised if I only get the CD, so I'm prepared to have to return.