David Bowie - I’m Only Dancing (The Soul Tour 74)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PageLesPaul, Feb 20, 2020.

1. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

I've seen the quantities listed somewhere. I'm sure the CD was 2000 and LP 5000 for UK. This was for both releases.

TonyCzar likes this.
  2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

The CD version is official RSD merch, counter to traditional practice so the CD may or may not be made generally available.

I can wait, but honestly I'd buy from a flipper on this one. I want the disc, not the risk.

CBackley and chickendinna like this.
  3. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Still no teasers or full track preview for this? I'll probably buy it regardless but the description doesn't give me high hopes that it will sound great.

4. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

In addition to "RSD Exclusive", snd "RSD First", which have obvious meanings, there is now a category "RSD Drops" introduced this year, reflecting the stasggered nature of the release schedule this year. The RSD site (the US one, at least), gives no indication of what life after RSD Drop Day looks like for "RSD Drops" titles. I'mma email my local wrecka stow.

jhm, AlienRendel and Bink like this.
  5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Squint. Now squint harder.

[​IMG]

tug_of_war likes this.
  6. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

US site gives no quantities for CNB or Disco Explosion 1974. But they are both "RSD Drops" for the first of the three possible dates this year (August 2020).
    https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/572

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I meant sound samples.

tug_of_war and TonyCzar like this.
  8. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

9. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

They should of had RSD on June 20th like they were going to do.

We have had millions in protests this week I think we would have survived RSD

10. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I would have loved it to be on 20 June, before all this started, but no, I am glad they are doing what they are doing. Just because some countries and people want to break down the social distancing thing way too early doesn't mean it is any less dangerous.

Crozet Beat, OldSoul, Sean and 6 others like this.
  11. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

No I don't remember any stuff like that at the show. Up thread someone mentions the salute thing at the station which got a fair bit of music press coverage I think. Unfortunately if you lived elsewhere in the UK Bowie only played Wembley, London in 1976 - 6 shows I think.

12. Colocally

Catch a wave, mid-wave with a camera and it is going to look like a salute.

13. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

The frozen image can always lie. It boggles my mind that too many people still don’t get this.

tug_of_war, Runicen and Colocally like this.
  14. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

People are weird. On two occasions on RSD when I was waiting outside, there was this girl hanging out in line too. A car drove by with someone who knew her and asked "Hey soandso! What are you doing?" "oh, just waiting in line for Record store day!" "What's that?" "I don't know. I'm just hanging out." This happened twice on two consecutive years.

I also see this happening at Comic Con every single year. People waiting in line for something and they actually don't know what they're waiting in line for. There's hundreds of lines with hundreds of people in each one. You ask some people what they're waiting in line for (because you want to make sure you're going to the right place) and they have no idea.

Also saw it when the Phantom Menace came out in '99. People would "camp out" in line for dozens of hours so that they could say they waited in line for the movie. I remember seeing a huge line for a 7pm showing. I walked right up to buy a ticket for the 4pm showing and walked right in to the theater, flashing my ticket to the suckers waiting in that line saying "Look guys! You don't have to do this!"

Some people just like waiting in lines.

15. Colocally

I don't like having to pay flippers higher than normal amounts for things, also you have to factor in shipping costs, which in Canada are awful, so queueing up is a small price to pay. It's part of the fun as well.

16. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

That’s all well and good but I can’t/won’t go to my local record shop ever again since last rsd I also purchased the Spying Through the Keyhole demo box, only to discover they charged me $30 more than the rrp!

edit: they deserve to be named... Hum records in Newtown!

Six Bachelors likes this.
  17. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I think one of the agreements that stores have to abide by to even get material for RSD is that they have to stick a certain price range, sounds like it could be a case to have them looked into.

18. Colocally

Spying Through The Keyhole wasn’t a rsd release.

TonyCzar and scobb like this.
  19. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

I know - That's why I said "I also purchased"

20. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

My only problem with Cracked Actor (Live in LA '74) is Greg Errico's unsubtle drums. Good to see Dennis Davis reinstated here. I'd buy this.

21. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Dennis Davis finished the tour.
    It went:
    Tony Newman (First Leg: June/July) - David Live in Upper Darby, July
    Errico (Second Leg: Sep) - Cracked Actor in LA, Sep
    then Dennis (Final Leg: Oct-Dec) - this

22. Colocally

Yeah I know. It was more a response to the person who said that the store could be looked into as not selling things at the proper price for rsd but as it isn’t a rsd product they can charge what they want. I should have changed who I was replying to. :)

23. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Thanks. That's a near "Spinal Tap-esque" parade of drummers for one tour!

24. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

I was at I think 3 or 4 of the Michigan Palace shows. He played like a week there, he loved hanging in Detroit since his first time there. The shows were great, but he seemed very coked up and sweaty as I recall. Some of my teenage friends partied with him and the band almost every night. Lots of drugs and sex involved. Ah the 70's....

Totti is god likes this.
  25. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Dacid Bowie IS Spinal Tap.

vcpj and jhm like this.