David Bowie Is: Brooklyn Museum Exclusive Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mBen989, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Buried in the video's comments is a link to a .ZIP of the whole EP in both individual .MP3 songs (320k) and one long WAV of the "original rip" with no editing - 676MB, 44.1kHz, 32-bit floating point PCM, DR=12. Hosted on MEGA.NZ.

audiotom likes this.
  2. Danderpet

Danderpet Forum Resident

I visited the exhibition today... amazing.
    Really overwhelming, as it manages to be both intimate and exhaustive. So thoughtfully put together, down to the smallest detail.
    Any Bowie fan close to NY should try and attend as it is really something to see.
    Picked up the Live in Berlin and Time/prettiest star 45. There are still many copies of each to be had.
    Iselect is long gone, apparently.

Tombby, FourWalledWorld and MondoFanM like this.
  3. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

I just checked ebay and someone got all 3 records for a $200 buy it now. Best I have seen yet.

4. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

How much time does one need to leisurely take in the whole exhibit? Thx.

5. Danderpet

Danderpet Forum Resident

I was there for two hours and am going back for more. Pretty massive.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  6. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

7. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Bowie is one of the most revered people to ever live, if not the most. Interesting what Mick Rock said, he was extremely photogenic from all angles.

About the handwritten lyrics,: do you think Bowie wrote the lyrics first, then the music to go with it? Or was it chords and melody first?

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

EVER? The MOST?

You must be excluding a lot of people, such as Jesus, Alexander The Great, Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Michelangelo, Mohammed, and many, many others.

DHamilton, bobcat and edenofflowers like this.
  9. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I could have posted this, except for me, the last Cracked Actor went to the guy in front of me. I grabbed the Bowpromo just because. I think that situation took everyone by surprise.

10. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

A friend who saw it in Berlin told me to keep the day open, so I bought the no-line ticket for late March and will show up when it opens.

Speaking of Berlin, I hope it's still there when I arrive.

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

What? The exhibition? No. It went on for a couple of months, then moved on.

Saw it twice in Berlin, once in London and kept discovering new stuff all the time. The first visit is like a dream come true for every Bowie aficionado, it's overwhelming, so much stuff. Naturally the objects that pique our interest or are spectacular tend to dominate the first encounter. It wasn't until my third visit I actually started to pay closer attention to handwritten lyrics or models of stage designs.

Looking forward to see it one last (?) time in NYC:righton:

Tanx likes this.
  12. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

No, the Live in Berlin LP. :D

I'll keep your words in mind. I did see the documentary a couple years back, so I have an inkling of the scope, but of course real life will be a whole new experience.

Neonbeam likes this.
  13. dead of night

If Bowie were to give one last concert tomorrow, and Lincoln one more speech, which would draw more people?

14. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Bowie.

15. dead of night

I'd go see Bowie. Give everyone a month to prepare, and he'd fill 5 million seats.

ralphb likes this.
  16. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

of course that is saying today which does not answer the question of ever or the most.

17. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Lincoln? Why Lincoln?? Why not Hermes Trismegistos???

:laughup:

AnalogJ and dead of night like this.
  18. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I went near the end of that exhibit's run and they still had not worked out all the kinks on that audio device+sensors thing. There were 1 or 2 albums which would not let my ears go despite changing rooms. Had to shut it off, eventually. (I wasn't the only person moving it around like some kind of antenna hoping to change the channel.) I'm sure the technology has been figured out by now.

Anyway.... one never knows going in what will be the most bracing experience. For me, the parts of the Bjork exhibit which were kept in the 'public' area of the museum (not requiring an exhibition ticket) - namely, the custom one-of-a-kind instruments she had had made for her - were awe-inspiring. Outfits and costumes have rarely made me do much besides say "Gee, he/she/they were REALLY short/small." Mileage may, of course, vary.

19. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

onlyconnect likes this.
  20. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Thank you for posting: it's now an added attraction on an itinerary including the Vo & Albers' Guggenheim exhibits that should help gild an otherwise predictable visit to the 'home office' during the first week of April! Say "Hi" if you see me. :)

I adore Trix! We share common critical inclinations toward Bowie's MPD-afflicted discography: "Bowie’s post-seventies œuvre is still of less appeal"; "Bowie’s final album, lauded by critics but not by Trixie"...I've worked hard to keep my 9-year old self intact...

Davido likes this.
  21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  22. Mok

Mok Has Potential

FYI - for those still following…

I went back to the exhibit. The vinyl situation is somewhat changed from what I experienced on opening weekend.

- The downstairs pre-entry gift shop still has lots of Bowie stuff, but almost no vinyl. The only vinyl I saw in there was Ziggy Stardust. No exhibit exclusive stuff there anymore.
    - The inside exhibit gift shop now keeps all the regular (non-exclusive) vinyl in the bins as before, but has moved all of the exclusive stuff to a table near the registers. There were still plenty of Live in Berlin 12" and Time 7". I did not see the iSelect vinyl but could have missed it.

I don't plan on going back for a little while now but will probably revisit later this spring. Enjoy!

Stone Turntable and TonyCzar like this.
  23. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Good to hear that they still have plenty of Berlin 12”

24. Alfie Noakes

Alfie Noakes Not Dark Yet....

Hope they have some next week :righton:

25. bad_penny

bad_penny Forum Resident

Today, there were a few copies of Live in Berlin in the pre-entry gift shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.