DCC at CDnow/CDuniverse

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peterC, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict Thread Starter

Both of these stores have large listings of hard to find DCC gold CDs.
    At CDnow there is no statement as to availability.
    At CDuniverse most of them are on backorder.

Has anyone had any recent success at either of these stores or are most of the sought after DCC items permanently on backorder?

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I picked up a couple of titles at CD Universe back a few weeks ago. Nice real quick service!!!! TWO DAYS FROM WHEN THEY SHIPPED(Conn. to Ca.):) :) :) :) :) :)

3. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict Thread Starter

Do you recall if they were listed as "in stock" or "backorder"?

I've been buying regular CDs from CDuniverse (and CDnow) for a few years now. Really good service. Postage charges to Australia are a bit of a killer though!

CDconnection is the best for international shipping charges.

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

It took them 3 days to get. I think in stock.

5. KLM

KLM Senior Member

As to CDNOW, if you put one of the cds in your shopping cart, it will usually tell you the availability. If I recall, most of the DCC titles are backordered (translation-not available). It might be worth checking out. I have ordered many things from CDNOW and generally satisfied with their services.

6. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson New Member

My experience with CD Universe was as follows:

About two months ago, in browsing their website for Joni Mitchell's "Blue" on DCC, I added added that title to my "Wish List" there as it was on backorder.

On 03/29/02 I received an e-mail that the title was in stock along with a hyperlink to take me directly to their site to order said title. I did so and sure enough the title was in stock. I don't recall why but I delayed placing an order at that very moment (Hits forehead with fist and cries "DOH!). When I returned to the site to order the next day it was no longer available. You snooze..you lose!

Based on this I would tend to believe that even though a title may be on backorder the possibility exists that at some point, somehow, they may have some availability. How and from where, who knows? I would point out that not all DCC titles are shown on their website. (Gerry Rafferty's "City To City" being notable in my case. I'm having the most difficult time locating that title. Any help out there forum members?)

If a title does appear on their site why not put it on your Wish List. What have you got to lose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.