DCC The Cars S/T Gold CD Query

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by YaQuin, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon Thread Starter

Hello All,

Was the DCC gold CD reissue of The Cars self-titled album released with a slipcase like the other DCC releases? I am finding some sealed versions with the slipcase and some sealed versions without the slipcase. Which one is valid?:confused:

2. Angel

Angel New Member

Slipcase!

3. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Mine did have a slipcase. I've never seen that particular disc without one, so I can't say for sure. I do remember once seeing the DCC Cream disc "Fresh Cream" without one -- maybe a couple years ago.

S/Z

4. Andy

Andy New Member

I remember someone somewhere saying every DCC CD had a slipcase. On the ones without the slipcases how does the wrap look? A few years ago I had a chance to look around the Acoustic Sounds warehouse I looked at a lot of DCC CDs(hundreds maybe more) and each one had a slipcase.

5. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I don't believe that the gold discs in the long boxes had slipcases. At least my copies of the Doors S/T, Pet sounds and the Cars S/T did not.

6. Andy

Andy New Member

The longboxes are a different story.

7. Angel

Angel New Member

The deal is, if it came in a longbox, it should STILL be in that longbox, unless it was opened, played and resealed.

If it came in a Slipcase, it should STILL be in that Slipcase, unless it was opened, played and resealed.

:rolleyes:

8. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

I'm trying to remember . . .

Did DCC use the same black plastic longboxes that MoFi used -- or were theirs a different design?

Thanks in advance,
    S/Z

9. Angel

Angel New Member

Wheels Of Fire, and some others had a special longbox. The rest had a MoFi-like plastic box.

Nonetheless, all the DCC Gold CD's were in SOMETHING other than just the jewel case when they were new.

Beware of reseals, yes?

10. Andy

Andy New Member

11. Andy

Andy New Member

That’s a link to an older thread that covers this topic, and I think Steve gives us a definitive answer.

12. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Absolutely -- and thanks, Angel and Andy.

S/Z

13. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon Thread Starter

Ditto. Thanks a lot. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.