Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

That's for sure.

But is it a good trip?

Dahabenzapple and Dennis0675 like this.
  2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

This is true, they are at their best right now.

Woodville and pocofan like this.
  3. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

It’s a bad choice.

bzfgt likes this.
  4. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

I liked the fact that they try a lesser known song in the post Space ballad spot but Days Between doesn’t inspire. Parts of it have some interesting progressions but it needs to be cut in half as it does drag. It would he cool if they let Oteil sing in that spot.

Woodville and Dennis0675 like this.
  5. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

I really like Dead & Company.

6. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

This is fantastic:

Even Billy smiled in the middle

rcb30, WaterLemon, adamos and 4 others like this.
  7. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I read that Bird Song (and the Wheel) were the tunes cut on Friday.

Enjoyed the Wrigley Shows -- Friday never really got going for me. Going into the show on Friday I was hoping for a Dancing in the Streets - it was played well enough.
    I enjoyed the opening of Athea and Uncle John's Band on Sat - set a nice tone. The He's Gone was great, too. I was also happy to hear Little Red Rooster, too. Wish they would have save One More Sat. Night for the encore, since I knew would have been booking out early to catch the 11:10 train out of the city.

Enjoyed the crowd around us both nights --- everyone was there for the music, for the most part. Met a great couple behind us on Friday who flew in from Montana. Great conversation between sets and rain delay.

RayS, adamos, malfano and 1 other person like this.
  8. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Also wanted to appreciate Mayer's Kahlua Olympics t-shirt.

malfano likes this.
  9. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Yeah - throughout the show we were trying to figure out what was on his shirt. Never did - until the next morning.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  10. GuidedByJonO)))

I mean, he's got goofy style sense and one of the more ridiculous guitar O-faces I've seen, but when he smiled and vibed with Jeff, I am glad he's here to share in this with us.

Woodville, Doggiedogma and hyde park like this.
  11. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Agreed - it is nice seeing them having fun on stage.

12. Jerfan13

Jerfan13 Makes wrinkles advertised as creases

A buddy and I have collected all the webcasts. Might just make that a thing to send around, old skool hard drive style…Could vine it. Not sure how people play here, but if you traded in 99-00, you know what I’m saying. It’ll be the complete tour.

13. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Also, with this weekend being the first shows I have been to in Chicago, after marijuana has been legalize -- I didn't notice anything different. People didn't seem to be smoking any more or any less.
    I guess not worrying about it (security wise) was a good thing --- though I never really worry about such things in Chicago, before.

US Blues likes this.
  14. GuidedByJonO)))

Yeah I didn't see any difference either, although we had one HUUUGE security guy rampage through the pit for about five minutes just before the first set Saturday started and demand people immediately extinguish anything lit (cigarettes, not cigarettes). He was super intense and super serious, everyone around us was kind of shocked by it because it was so out of character for most of the friendly staff we interacted with all weekend.

Doggiedogma and hyde park like this.
  15. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

That’s unusual. Every show I’ve been to where it’s legal has been a non stop smoke a thon. Indoor venues are more chill because clean air ordinances are a thing.

16. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Count me in that category.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  17. Duffy Shrimpton

Duffy Shrimpton Forum Resident

Right then, them blokes look like the tossers from “Steptoe & Son” them does…is this yer man Weir then?….and who the lad in the headphones then?…it’s a right shambles this it is…bloody well must be a yank thing, Euro Dead punters wouldn’t have it, mate, I tells ya fer true…and is that Billy on them tubs is it now?…HIM still above ground is he?….now THATS a bloke who could give the lads at the Arms a run with all the drink yer man got on with back in yonks…I seen yer man drink Frankfurt, Lille, AND bloody Copenhagen dry
    him done…is the yanks selling ducats ta this bollocks then ya dint say?…must be for the wee laddies who never seen yer man Garcia and the west coast lot…straight away the lads at the arms them won’t believe it them won’t…a proper round of pints and chunks of smoke are in order I’d say, my sons, put us right as rain, rain as right now!

US Blues, Jerfan13 and bzfgt like this.
  18. Jerfan13

Jerfan13 Makes wrinkles advertised as creases

I smoked weed at Cincy…ate weed, vaped weed, smoked doobies. People dosed…mushies all over. I couldn’t imagine psychedelics on slo mo…no thankzzzz….but nothing has changed cept all the Boomers running riot…lololol.

budwhite likes this.
  19. GuidedByJonO)))

I gotta say, maybe it was just a function of being down in the pit, but there was a tremendous amount of younger Heads around us. Started chatting with a big group of kids from University of Illinois during setbreak, love seeing new folks climb on the bus.

20. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

Nine days.......

US Blues likes this.
  21. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I was considering selling my tix to Tampa because I have a huge road trip starting the next day. The button to sell tickets seems to be faded out on Live Nation. Are we not allowed to re-sell these? It bums me out to consider doing this, never have before, but I'm an old man and I will need my rest.

Anyone know the rules?

Doggiedogma likes this.
  22. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Well, concert cancelled, problem solved! WPB and Tampa. Per email:

"Due to routing and production logistics, Dead & Company is canceling both of their sold-out Florida concerts - October 6th in West Palm Beach, Florida at the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre and October 7th in Tampa, Florida at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre."

23. GuidedByJonO)))

Given some of Oteil's frank comments about how worried the band has been about the Delta variant, I would not be at all surprised to learn that "routing and production logistics" doesn't tell the whole story about why it is these specific shows cancelled.

Dennis0675, RayS and WaterLemon like this.
  24. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

NOOOOO

This is 100% on that prick Desantis and his proof of vaccine stance.

trd, mgb70, RayS and 2 others like this.
  25. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

well thats a crappy turn of events was looking forward to going was a bit concerned but DAMMIT

Dennis0675 and ODShowtime like this.