Dean Martin and Sinatra Family Christmas Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ronald Sarbo, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Ronald Sarbo

Ronald Sarbo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Will air Thanksgiving Night on PBS Ch 13 in NYC.

On Nov 11 & 14 they will also air the Frank Sinatra/Bing Crosby Christmas TV show from 1957

MAYBEIMAMAZED, Ere, BuzzMan and 6 others like this.
  2. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

An informed source reports: “There will be more on this later.”

wvk3 and Simon A like this.
  3. Ronald Sarbo

I would imagine a pledge will procure an official DVD copy. What other pledge gifts there will be is still unknown.

BuzzMan likes this.
  4. Ronald Sarbo

Nancy closes the SFF and I have to come out of retirement to let everyone know what's going on.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

this is what the Holidays mean to me...great singers, stars and that wonderful time period...

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

cool! can't wait...you always deliver!

RSteven and Bob F like this.
  7. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

From Facebook:
    [​IMG]

8. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

This is a REAL Holiday present to all Frank & Dean fans!

PBS to Debut DEAN MARTIN & FRANK SINATRA FAMILY CHRISTMAS SHOW
    The special will begin airing on PBS stations on October 29.
    Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, along with their respective families, joined together for this memorable Christmas celebration filmed in 1967, and not seen in its entirety since its original airing on December 21, 1967.
    In addition to more than a dozen holiday classics, Frank and Dean give viewers a special present: a medley of many of their most beloved songs. They're joined by an all-star cast of friends and family: Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra, Jr., Tina Sinatra, Claudia Martin, Craig Martin, Dean Paul Martin, Deana Martin, Gail Martin, Gina Martin, Ricci Martin, Jeanne Martin (Mrs. Dean Martin) and Sammy Davis, Jr. THE DEAN MARTIN AND FRANK SINATRA FAMILY CHRISTMAS SHOW is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations beginning Friday, October 29, 2021.

Record Rotator likes this.
  9. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Press release at Sinatra.com:

Legendary DEAN MARTIN AND FRANK SINATRA FAMILY CHRISTMAS SHOW Premieres on PBS Stations Beginning October 29

90-Minute Special Features New Interviews with Nancy and Tina Sinatra and Gail and Deana Martin From Capitol Records Studio A

[​IMG]
    Photo Credit: Courtesy “The Dean Martin Show”

(Oct 29th, 2021) As a special treat for viewers, new interviews with Nancy and Tina Sinatra and Gail and Deana Martin taped at Capitol Records Studio A are featured in the 90-minute version of the program. Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, along with their respective families, joined together for this memorable Christmas celebration filmed in 1967, and not seen in its entirety since its original airing on December 21, 1967. In addition to more than a dozen holiday classics, Frank and Dean give viewers a special present: a medley of many of their most beloved songs. They’re joined by an all-star cast of friends and family: Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra, Jr., Tina Sinatra, Claudia Martin, Craig Martin, Dean Paul Martin, Deana Martin, Gail Martin, Gina Martin, Ricci Martin, Jeanne Martin (Mrs. Dean Martin) and Sammy Davis, Jr. THE DEAN MARTIN AND FRANK SINATRA FAMILY CHRISTMAS SHOW is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations beginning Friday, October 29, 2021 (check local listings).

The special is brimming over with fan favorites, including solos by Dean (“I’ll Be Home for Christmas”), Frank (“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”), Nancy Sinatra (a special holiday version of “These Boots Are Made for Walking”); and Gail Martin (“Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”). Dean and Frank duet on a medley of their hits like “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” “Pennies From Heaven,” “A Foggy Day,” “The Lady Is a Tramp,“ ”All of Me” and more. Fathers Dean and Frank perform with sons Dean-Paul Martin and Frank Sinatra, Jr. on “How Do You Talk to Your Dad?” and with daughters Deana Martin and Tina Sinatra on “Do, Re, Mi.” And the entire cast joins in on “There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays” and a medley of beloved Christmas carols, including "Deck The Halls," "O Little Town Of Bethlehem," "Joy To The World" and "Silent Night.”

MikaelaArsenault, BuzzMan and Simon A like this.
  10. BuzzMan

BuzzMan Well-Known Member

Been waiting for this day to come, and when we can ever see this on DVD or blu-ray, but I'll take a PBS broadcast any day!

11. wvk3

wvk3 Senior Member

I can’t wait. The 1970 New Year’s Eve episode with Frank would fill out a dvd nicely, but I won’t get too greedy.

Ronald Sarbo likes this.
  12. FranklyCanadian

FranklyCanadian Forum Resident

Has anyone caught this yet? Curious to know how the quality is -- we've been stuck with multi-generational VHS copies for years, so would be great to see it in higher definition (Dean's 1968 special that's more widely available looks fantastic by comparison).

13. analog74

analog74 Forum Resident

Just watched it on youtube last night. Except for a couple vhs tape warbles/jumps, it's fine. Was great.

MikaelaArsenault, Jim N. and ex_mixer like this.
  14. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

15. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

It is certain to be of much finer quality than the one floating around on YT.

FranklyCanadian likes this.
  16. wvk3

wvk3 Senior Member

FranklyCanadian and paulmock like this.
  17. FranklyCanadian

paulmock likes this.
  18. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

It hasn't aired yet.

19. FranklyCanadian

Here's a little preview one of the PBS stations just uploaded...looks GREAT!

MikaelaArsenault, Dan C and Loebie like this.
  20. Loebie

Loebie Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a possibility to watch this great show in/from Europe? I cannot receive PBS here.

Porkpie likes this.
  21. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Also Dean Martin:King of Cool documentary gets a showing on TCM, Sat. 11/27 at 12:30AM. Earlier that Fri. night, the channel spools Robin & the Seven Hoods and Ocean's 11 ,at 8PM & 10:15PM. The 2 hour documentary premiered last night,11/19,with,one Of Jerry Lewis' kids(Scott),Will Friedwald, Philly's Jerry Blavat, Bob Newhart,Dean's daughter Deana,RZA(BTW, a great choice),Barbara Rush,Angie Dickinson,George Schlatter and Norman Lear.

Bob F and paulmock like this.
  22. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

This just in! King of Cool is on this evening,11/20-6 to 8 PM.

23. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

The '67 Christmas Show aired last night. It looks SPECTACULAR! They did an excellent job with the video. I did not watch it but just caught a glimpse of it on my DVR to see how it looked. I'm sure you'll agree that it is cleaned up beautifully.

24. Loebie

Loebie Active Member

Any possibility that your DVR-copy finds its way to Europe?

25. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Sorry, but I do not have capabilities to copy anything from my DVR.