Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

with all due respect, "digitally sourced" isn't the boogeyman you seem to be implying it is. i think this sounds very, very good.

basically everything on MOV is digitally sourced anyway and that cat got out of the bag a very long time ago.

riverrat, imarcq, Mike H. and 6 others like this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Ah, I see, because all their albums are digitally sourced, it must be great. Okay.

In the meantime, there are original copies not digitally sourced out there in excellent condition for a lot less.

Leugi and latheofheaven like this.
  3. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip on the Satch album! Grabbed.

Mike6565, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

jamesc, jhm, spotlightkid and 7 others like this.
  5. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

As suspected Deep Discount cancelled it. My popmarket order still lives for the moment though!

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

good grief. there are other reasons folks might be interested in this reissue in new condition and i bet you could actually think of them yourself. until you're the one peddling the copies in excellent condition for a lot less, why don't you come off it?

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not really. This album was issued as a promo in sealed condition (with a saw cut), and it's not that hard to even find those. RCA pressings on the time were pretty good.

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Late to report but I finally got around to playing Durutti Column’s “Rebellion” last night. No warpage at all, in fact it was flat as a pancake. But I do hear the distortion on the vocals. Might just need to get played again after the stylus has tracked through once and cleared everything out? Sometimes I get a lot of that…

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Also: FLAMING ORANGE COLORED VINYL!!!

10. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Another 10% off code, this one requires a minimum purchase of two in-stock items:

NURSESHARK

We haven't had a 15% off code during this "Site Wide Summer Sale through June 30th", but hopefully there will be one before the end of the month.

As always, Happy Shopping everyone!

11. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Thanks! I've been looking for this for a long time as well (at a reasonable price, that is)! (Also at PopMarket for $15 right now...)

latheofheaven, Juggsnelson and SJP like this.
  12. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Wanted to follow-up from this early May thread where @DapperGentleman posted on a lazy Saturday afternoon about the availability on Amazon of the very rare, very expensive Triffids 10-CD "Come Ride With Me" set for $138.

Once again, a HUGE thanks to @DapperGentleman as the set arrived today! While the set was described as "acceptable" on Amazon, other than a small crease on the outer slipcase, the rest of the set, including the booklet and the CDs, look to be untouched. I don't see any indication that the CDs have ever been played or that the booklet has ever been read. I am elated with the condition as I went in with low expectations. The set is quite lovely and it's unfortunate that it hasn't been reissued given the crazy resale prices.

@DapperGentleman - I owe you a beer if you're ever up in the Bay Area. And thanks in general to this community for looking out for each other with these types of postings!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  13. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Whew, that's a relief! When the price dropped from $138 to $9 I thought you'd be upset.

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jusssst kidding, that's a bad Amazon pricing algorithm.

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Music seems okay, but FFS this is a harsh EAR-BLEEDER. Side A (it's a double LP) might be the only side of this album I ever play. Disappointing.

EDIT: One other observation -- the two LPs were packaged inside the gatefold, rather than into the two sleeves on each side of the gatefold, all within factory shrinkwrap. I've never seen that done before but I think it helped reduce chance of seam splits.

SJP likes this.
  15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I gave this album a rather low volume listen upon arrival so as not to disturb the family and didn't notice any blood coming from my ears :). Then again, I'm not overly sensitive to the loudness wars with the exception of some extreme examples on CD. Nevertheless, I'll be more attentive the next time, that's for sure. Regardless, my first impression of the album is that it is one of the more remarkable new releases of the 2000's. I went in with high expectations and was rewarded, at least with respect to content. This album has been on my want list for a while but it has always been pushing $40 so to find it in the DDBB was a treat.

BTW, Catherine Anne Davies (aka The Anchoress for those not in the know) appeared on The Rockonteurs podcast and it was absolutely delightful. Most, if not all of the guests on that podcasts come across pretty great but hers was quite memorable which made me want the album that much more.

BTW #2....You are correct in your observation, KScope-label albums pretty much alway ship as you described to avoid seam splits.

16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, The Anchoress - The Art of Losing is on Qobuz in high-resolution (24bit/44.1kHz), so I'll probably just listen to it for "free" (with my annual subscription, about $130) there, more casually. It's just a bummer to sit down ready to immerse in an LP, intently listening, only to have the dynamics be so squashed. There was a dramatic part about halfway through side A and rather than being really bold and alive and packing an emotional wallup, it just seemed to turn back into itself, leaving only a squashed band of soundwaves narrowly squiggling between my speakers. As it turns out, Jon Astley mastered it, and I've always hated his work.

Blair G. and latheofheaven like this.
  17. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

And here it is finally! 15% off with the code:

MEGALODON

As always, Happy Shopping to all, and wishing everyone an early, safe, and Happy July 4th holiday!

18. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

This Terminator 2: Judgement Day 30th anniversary edition is heavily discounted at $35 before any coupons and includes a 2xLP set!!

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (30th Anniversary Limited Edition) [Import] Limited Edition, With Blu-ray, With Blu-ray 3-D, With LP on DeepDiscount

Edit:
    It's actually cheaper at Popmarket with free shipping before any coupons!

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (30th Anniversary Limited Edition) [Import] Limited Edition, With Blu-ray, With Blu-ray 3-D, With LP on PopMarket

hype, mur, latheofheaven and 6 others like this.
  20. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Do you know if this is region coded or PAL? I usually don't buy any foreign DVDs/etc. because I never know if it's gonna work on my machine or not. Otherwise, it looks like a great deal. :)

21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i believe all 4k discs are region free

22. hype

hype Forum Resident

On Blu-ray.com the official thread for this release says...
    Not sure about the standard bluray but the 4k is obviously region free as I believe like 95%+ or something near that are.

Looks like a nice physical release but the 4k was supposedly butchered and people are saying StudioCanal took every bit of grain out and it's overly smooth along with it only being the Theatrical version which for me at least is also a pretty big letdown as the Uncut version has been my go to for quite a few years now. The 4k and I believe even the bluray is getting absolutely destroyed over in the threads at blu-ray.com though which made me pass on the box. Pretty much just seen a ton of people echoing that it has re-imagined colors and contrast, DNR, super awkward audio and photo-shopping. There's a reason the 4k is routinely selling for $10 or less by itself.

TBF though I heard the 3d version is great if you have the player for it and the tv which I don't. That along with the vinyl is really the only reason to buy this box from what I have read but if you really want the Soundtrack that alone could be worth it and the 4k is probably still somewhat decent as long as you're not that big of a purist or have seen it a 100 times to clearly notice the awkward changes.

jamesc, GentleSenator, jhm and 2 others like this.
  23. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Thank you so much for your detailed response! :)
    I think I'm gonna pass. I forgot about the uncut version. How could they leave that out?!?!?!

jhm, hype and latheofheaven like this.
  24. hype

hype Forum Resident

No problem! I almost bought the set last night and did some digging so figured i'd share what I found because it is a pretty cool looking set otherwise. I have no idea what they were thinking on the entire release though! and honestly the one thread I read a bit of was nearly 700 pages and there were other threads as well about T2 in 4k so I just took it as a sign that I should save my money and hop out because people were getting deep and even talking about how they had to pull there laser discs out to get the best experience still :rolleyes:

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nice, thank you for that info. honestly i was most excited about the 2xLP soundtrack. already own the movie itself in way too many formats!

samwisefan, latheofheaven and hype like this.