Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Thank you!

2. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

50 LPs added to the bin overnight.

8xLP Bob Mould Distortion Live Signed Box for $60.24

Bob Mould Distortion: Live [Signed 140-Gram Clear Splatter Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

"Limited to 750 Copies Worldwide" it says .

Other new items include LP's by Black Francis of The Pixies, Son Volt 'Straightaways' on MoV, Paul Weller 'Orchestrated Songbook', Garbage 'Beatiful', the big 3LP Deluxe version for $29.85, several heavy metal titles, the reissue of Donovan's Fairytale, Longpigs 'Mobile Home' (which I enjoyed), Roison Murphy's 'Roisin Machine', titles by Status Quo, Dead Or Alive, Kirsty MacColl, Manic Street Preachers.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I would like to thank the DDBB for their "new enhanced pricing" which for several items in the bin eliminated any temptation to buy. In other words, the deals just aren't good enough where under the old pricing, I'd have easily dropped close to a hundred dollars, including the Bob Mould box.

During the price reset a while back (just over a month ago), they certainly crossed the line between decent deal and the buying frenzies that used to be an absolute blast.

RIP DDBB

4. DapperGentleman

5. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I agree 100%. I used to check the Blowout Bin obsessively and now I rarely do because I just get mad at the price increases. (I mean, FROZEN 2: THE SONGS LP is now $10.00! And we all know that's been in the Bin for ages at a significantly lower price.) I buy less non-BB items as well because I'm spending less time on their website. It's depressing. Hopefully they will loose enough business to lower their prices again.

6. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

mur, latheofheaven, kouzie and 5 others like this.
  7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Ugh. These Blowout Bin prices are not so great anymore. It was a fun mad-dash when a typical LP was reduced 75-80% and could be bought for under $10, and I'd take a chance on something I've never heard before. Over $10 and I'm more inclined to pause and think "do I really want this ... is there something else I could buy for $15 that I'd like more?" (often the answer is yes). I'm really glad, because I've got to be much more selective about my spending!

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  8. DapperGentleman

You guys ... if these prices were Amazon deals you'd be all over them. :) I'm betting none of you ever managed a record store ...

Tom Jones had a comeback album of some kind in 2021? 2LP's somehow, produced by Ethan Johns again? Reimagining his old songs? No idea what this is all about, but $17+ at Deep Discount, and $16.00 at Popmarket (and $30+ everywhere else).
    Tom Jones Surrounded By Time (Gatefold) [Import] on DeepDiscount

That 2CD 'Cool Christmas' benefit CD from 2000 on Jeepster, the one with St. Etienne, Calexico, Snow Patrol, Low and others came out on 2LP red vinyl last year: $16.00 at Deep Discount and $14.00 at Popmarket (and $25 at Amazon):
    Various Artists It's A Cool Cool Christmas / Various [Limited Red Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

That Status Quo title mentioned quickly earlier is pretty cool, all the very early songs, 2LP's on MoV for $17 at DD and $15 at Popmarket (and $33 at Amazon):
    Status Quo Masters Collection: The Pye Years [Limited Gatefold, 180-Gram White Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

9. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up on these great deals. But exactly are you finding the 50 new titles? In the blow out bin?

10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the Popmarket reminder. I picked up that Status Quo set. :cool::thumbsup:

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

but, but.... i haven't even opened the last bob mould set i ordered from the blowout bin!

12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Good call on checking Popmarket, everything I had in my cart at DD was at least a buck cheaper on Popmarket.

I picked up the Christine Perfect LP, a pair of the Black Francis albums, and this excellent Motorhead album: Motorhead Overnight Sensation (Green Smoke Splatter Vinyl) [Import] on PopMarket

imarcq, mur, latheofheaven and 3 others like this.
  13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

14. popscene

popscene Senior Member

We'll see if these all materialize:

Christine Perfect [Limited 180-Gram Snow White Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Christine Perfect
    LP
    1 $13.08 $13.08

It's A Cool Cool Christmas / Various [Limited Red Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Various Artists
    LP
    1 $16.01 $16.01

Kite [Limited 180-Gram Magnolia Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Kirsty MacColl
    LP
    1 $12.61 $12.61

Masters Collection: The Pye Years [Limited Gatefold, 180-Gram White Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Status Quo
    LP
    1 $17.08 $17.08

Orchestrated Songbook: With Jules Buckley & BBC Symphony Orchestra [Gatefold Black Vinyl] [Import]
    Paul Weller
    LP
    1 $21.25 $21.25

Juggsnelson, imarcq, Tjazz and 6 others like this.
  15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Juggsnelson, imarcq, mur and 3 others like this.
  16. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

The four albums Mr. Jones has released since 2010 (Praise and Blame, Spirit In The Room, Long Lost Suitcase, Surrounded By Time) are all incredibly interesting musically, and well worth a listen. This is definitely NOT 'Las Vegas' Tom Jones that you might remember. He seems determined to go out on a high note in the twilight of his career. The voice is still really strong, and the music is awesome. Highly recommend.

Vanzetti, imarcq, samwisefan and 6 others like this.
  17. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

And I think WowHD are also the same company as I got the new Willie Nelson LP from them at the same discount that DD had...but I got free international shipping......so it's worth checking both. They had all the same MOV listed at similar prices too. But sometimes less so worth checking.

18. hutlock

Never bought from them—what’s the shipping cost like?

latheofheaven likes this.
  19. imarcq

It was free!!! Whatever that means these days :)

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

Nice! Definitely will check them out!

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  21. imarcq

However they have shipped my order but has not arrived yet. So I hope the package quality is strong enough to reach Oz.

I also got Last Time Around by Buffalo Springfield ( the reissue Bellman cut) for less than DD, free shipping to Australia and also a 10% discount when you register for the newsletter. Worth a go at least :) That cost A$40.70 so US$27.73 shipped to Sydney :)

If anyone wants to try my 10% code (Promo Code: WHD66LM56) they are welcome, it probably won't work twice. But easy to get your own! Also note they added extra Australian GST to my order which might not be applied elsewhere.

Australia: WOW HD - New Release Cheap CDs, Discount DVDs, Blu-ray, Bargain Games

USA: WOW HD - New Release Cheap CDs, Discount DVDs, Blu-ray, Bargain Games

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Agree, but things I buy on Amazon and records I used to by on DDBB are different...

Amazon purchases are for records I want. DDBB records I bought were typically $10 max for single disc releases (a lot of ridiculous purchases for under $5) and many were records from artists I never heard, but recommended by members here. Price was so cheap that I just bought them.

Sadly, I also do not check the site at all anymore.

I did have a blast while the "getting was good" and I am glad that I was able to experience the DDBB frenzy.:D

23. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

Pretty gutted I missed the Bob Mould set - that was probably the only day I didn't check if it was marked down since I figured it would be eventually, based on the last two. Saw him live last month and he's incredible.

24. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Don't take it so hard. They canceled my order.

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  25. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

latheofheaven likes this.