Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I picked up this one earlier to fill out an order for free shipping as I had to get the Echobelly LP that was linked above.

Mission Collected [Import] on DeepDiscount

Love The Mission as I was an early adopter hearing Wasteland on a promo 7" single when it came out. The band's history sealed the deal as I had recently gotten into Sisters of Mercy. Not like I needed this comp but 3 CDs of career-spanning Mission goodness that isn't on the Cleopatra label for less than $9.00 is a no-brainer.

Add this latter career Mission CD for less than a seven-spot...

Mission Brightest Light [Import] on DeepDiscount

In keeping with the genre, a PIL SHM CD for less than $8.00 (that's a lot of acronyms!)...

Public Image Ltd ( Pil ) That What Is Not (SHM-CD) [Import] on DeepDiscount

All three are just short of free shipping. Good hunting everyone!

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Interesting, and that’s good news for you and the rest of the folks buying from Wal-Mart for sure.

I am still definitely skeptical that they are keeping inventory numbers updated on real time on a partner website, but until it starts to become an issue, it ain’t an issue, right?

I’m still wary though and I’ll just order through DD via Rakuten, which at least gets me some hot rebate action to defray the pricing differences. But I do feel more confident that I’m going to get what I want prior to sellout that way. YMMV for sure.

In any case, thanks for the info! Knowledge is power when you are scouring the web for deals!

3. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Yeah, I’m leery of cancelling and re-ordering even though stuff is supposedly in stock. I just ordered the Chaka Khan Japanese singles collection (CD+DVD), which I somehow missed last time: it’s $11 at deepdiscount and $8ish at W*lm*rt.

4. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I actually checked Walmart (as well as Popmarket) this morning for a few of the titles and they did not appear to have been discounted yet. So I happily put in two small orders at DD for the titles that really interested me. It looks like Walmart was about $2.50 cheaper per item than DD which is sort of a bummer but I made myself feel better by putting in a larger order at Walmart for some titles unearthed by other members after my DD orders as well as some I was on the fence about... I have a problem :help:

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  5. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

thanks for the heads up guys! i bought a couple of these

6. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

This is all very helpful - thank you. What is the strategy for unearthing the discounted titles at Walmart?

7. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

How can I access the Deep Discount page through Walmart?

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

Search "deepdiscount," but it will autocorrect to deep discount. Under the search you will see "showing results for deep discount", below that is "search instead for deepdiscount." Click that link.

Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.
  9. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Interestingly enough that doesn't show all the listings you all have posted. For instance I organized from low price to high price and The Mission 3 CD set that SJP posted above did not show up. When I searched Walmart for The Mission CD voila...there it was...Seems very hit and miss this search via deepdiscount function...

Do note, not everything is cheaper via Walmart. For instance the Suede Coming Up vinyl reissue is $21.93 on DD's Walmart store and it's $10.82 via DD direct. Go figure!!!

Also, seems you do get free shipping via Walmart for orders over $30 even though DD is a 3rd party seller.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.
  10. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

It's not a good system, all of the low priced items won't show in the beginning. You have to scroll through and dig a bit.

11. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

A large number of LP's are NOT discounted at Walmart yet. But, here are Links to a few Walmart LP's that caught my eye:

Prefab Sprout's 'Jordan-The Comeback' 2LP remastered reissue - $9.57 at WalMart ($13.50 at DD)
    Robot or human?

'Global Underground 43' - one of those big 3LP European dance mix projects, but this one sounds more ethereal to me, little less dancefloor. $11.99 at WalMart, $17.13 at Deep Discount.
    Robot or human?

Prog / jazz band Colosseum 'Transmissions - Live At The BBC' 2LP - $11.34 at Walmart, $17.27 at DD:
    Robot or human?

... I'm definitely seeing stuff I don't remember from yesterday. This is a 2LP Peter Hammill LP, the guy from Van Der Graaf Generator, for $12.30 at Deep Discount ...
    HAMMILL,PETER / K GROUP Plus + [Import] on DeepDiscount
    .... but discounted further to $9.01 at WalMart.
    Robot or human?
    ============================================

... and this is discounted at DD, but not at Walmart:
    Undertones 'West Bank Songs' 2LP hits for $15.34 at DD, costs $36 at Amazon:
    The Undertones West Bank Songs 1978-1983: A Best Of [Import] on DeepDiscount

12. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

============================================

... and this is discounted at DD, but not at Walmart:
    Undertones 'West Bank Songs' 2LP hits for $15.34 at DD, costs $36 at Amazon:
    The Undertones West Bank Songs 1978-1983: A Best Of [Import] on DeepDiscount [/QUOTE]

This one was about $10 at Walmart but it appears sold out now. Interesting that DD shows it in stock. I grabbed one even though I don't know much of their music. Couldn't resist.

13. DapperGentleman

Paul McCartney 'III - Imagined' 2LP on pink, just $11.99 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

Tesseract - Portals - big CD+BluRay set from KScope - prog / metal just $21.08 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

Golden Earring 'To The Hilt' reissue - just $9.27 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

Think about your Christmas list. The original Leonard Bernstein - West Side Story, reissued by MOV on colored wax, 2LP's for $10.09 at WalMart:
    Robot or human?

Similarly, a very nice Scandinavian LP from Trijntje Oosterhuis female singer with orchestra, performing Burt Bacharach songs. Just $9.90 at WalMart:
    Robot or human?

I find myself buying a few albums I loved to death. I own the original, I've played it dozens of times. Perhaps rest that copy? America's Hat Trick, colored on MOV, just $9.08 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

Aretha Franklin's 'Unforettable - Tribute To Dinah Washington', limited/numbered/ just $8.57 at Walmart ($33 at Amazon):
    Robot or human?
    ==================================================
    Discount at DD, but NOT at Walmart: Swansea Sound, a new punky band featuring ex-Pooh Sticks, ex-Heavenly members. $10.15
    Swansea Sound Live At The Rum Puncheon [Import] on DeepDiscount

14. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

This one was about $10 at Walmart but it appears sold out now. Interesting that DD shows it in stock. I grabbed one even though I don't know much of their music. Couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]
    That's a great comp from a great band. Hope you get it!

15. DapperGentleman

I didn't realize Kid Loco had a new 2022 album - it's all remakes of 1960's pop hits, but listen first ... , and cheaper at Walmart than DD at $7.56:
    Robot or human?

Alexis Korner - Blues Incorporated R&B Marquee for $7.63 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

Oh, this hurts. Hooverphonic's 'Ultimate Collection' in stock through WalMart for $7.69:
    Robot or human?

Pete Aves was the #2 or #3 guy in High Llamas, I think. His album 'Stress Tested' is not even on Discogs. $7.88 at Walmart:
    Robot or human?

16. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Thanks for posting the Hooverphonic comp. Just checked it out - missing too many good songs on the vinyl version. Pass.

DapperGentleman likes this.
  17. Comicsanstombstone

Couldn’t resist the Undertones comp, even though I’ve got everything on it bar the Kevin Shields-remixed “Get Over You” (I listened to that one on YouTube and was mildly disappointed it didn’t sound like Feargal Sharkey singing over a warped record from a neighboring room).

18. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Imagine how disappointed I was when I bought this for full price a few months back. Ugh. And I too own their whole catalog already (but nothing on vinyl but singles.)

It is a great collection though.

I got my shipping notice and everything on my order shipped EXCEPT the Primitives LP (which is the only album of theirs I don’t own so I’m bummed).

19. Comicsanstombstone

Still showing as available on W*lmart (for a smidge less). A few times, I've had items canceled as not available on dd, checked their site to see them still listed, then successfully ordered a second time. Sometimes I think if an item exceeds the dimensions of the shipping box they're using they'll just cancel it. (edit: bollocks, I just checked and mine has cancelled, too).

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Several people mentioned the Bill Withers CD box, it's now at Walmart for $9.19. I got free shipping too.

Robot or human?

21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

ordered! Thanks!

latheofheaven and dasacco like this.
  22. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

If you click on "JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST" in the main page, and sign up for their newsletter, the Shark will send you a unique 10% discount code.

latheofheaven likes this.
  23. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Thanks to @DapperGentleman for posting all of the great deals. I ended up going through Wal-Mart and getting these deals...

CDs:
    The Motions - Impressions Of Wonderful - $5.50
    Walker Brothers - Nite Flights - $5.51
    V/A - Pye Girls: Coloured My World - $5.65
    V/A - Air-o-Plane Ride (Sunshine, Soft & Studio Pop 1966-70) - $5.59
    Sex Pistols - 76-77 (4 CD box set) - $14.63
    Gene Clark - Collected (3 CD) - $6.95
    Bill Withers - Complete Sussex & Columbia Album Masters (9 CD box) - $9.19
    The Bluetones - Superior Quality Recordings (6 CD signed box) - $12.78

Vinyl:
    West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Vol. 3 - $8.56
    The Undertones - West Bank Songs (2 LP) - $10.53
    The Primitives - Galore - $8.47
    Echo & The Bunnymen - Flowers - $8.26
    Suede - Coming Up - $8.27
    Primal Scream - Demodelica (2 LP) - $9.63

My pocketbook is hurting, but I couldn't pass these up. $128.79 for 34 discs!?!

24. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Had a horribly busy day at work, but managed to get these during my lunch break:

Collected [Import]
    The Mission
    CD
    1 $8.85 $8.85

Gary Crowley's Lost 80s Vol. 2 / Various [Boxset] [Import]
    Various Artists
    CD
    1 $12.39 $12.39

Japanese Singles Collection: Greatest Hits (CD + DVD) (NTSC/ Region 0) [Import]
    Chaka Khan
    CD
    1 $11.30 $11.30

I'm really excited about all of these.
    Threw a bunch of other stuff into my wish list in case I change my mind and decide to blow more money. LOL!
    Many thanks to @DapperGentleman who always goes above and beyond to alert us about new products in the Bin. You're amazing. But I wish you liked CDs as much as vinyl. ;)

GentleSenator, SJP, popscene and 5 others like this.
  25. Comicsanstombstone

I left a few items in my cart overnight while logged in and they emailed me a "take $5 off 30" code. Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a go. (Edit: they were full-price items, not from the bin; don't know if that would make a difference).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    latheofheaven and imarcq like this.