Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Sorry about that. It is a great comp to put on vinyl I must admit.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Seeing some new titles in the 'Bin this morning, mostly grouped in the 'newest' part of the bin.

Several Dream Theater titles, latest Kamelot, latest Phoenix, Tarja's hits (she's the operatic singer from early Nightwish - this is the deluxe version); the latest from Delain with the new singer, The Bad Plus's latest - this is the Bad Plus without the piano, and the Pixies 8LP Live At Brixton.

3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they keep teasing me with that keith richards box set in the blowout bin, but the price ain't much of a blowout!

imarcq, Davidmk5, samwisefan and 2 others like this.
  4. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

Ugh! I was doing so good today until I read this post. Thanks for the post @DapperGentleman ! I couldn't resist the Dream Theater and Kamelot albums.

5. scottheisel

scottheisel Well-Known Member

6. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Anybody have a current coupon code?

7. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

SHARKIE seems to be working, though only 10% off.

8. Beholdentonoone

Thanks!

9. DapperGentleman

SEABISCUIT = 15% off

... but it looks like prices in The Bin went up at least 15% overnight as well.

============================

... and I think they snuck a few titles into the bin overnight (although discounts are paltry, IMO). I am seeing

Hanson's Red Green Blue

Al Di Meola's World Sinfonia (2 versions)

Ozzy's Patient Number Nine with variant cover

JohnBeas, mur, Juggsnelson and 6 others like this.
  10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ozzy was there last week, pretty sure Hanson was too. But yeah, the discounts are being offset by the markups. LAME.

11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That's been their formula pretty much ever since they got swallowed up by SuperD/Alliance/whatever. In the good old days their sales were great (and their customer service was not as atrocious as it is now either).

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

with all due respect, it seems like you haven't been paying attention to this thread over the last couple months or even the last year. there have been some amazing sales with some outrageously low prices.

13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

All I know is that in the old days they didn't jack up the prices b4 the sales, then that changed. I could still save a bit but not like b4. I still bought from them anyway to save a few bucks. But what Dapperg-man and Hutlock mentioned above is something that me & my friends used to lament about after the merger period, the way they would jack up their prices, so thought I'd chime in.

As far as the amazing sales in this thread recently there hasn't been anything of interest to me since I don't buy vinyl anymore so yeah you are correct to say I haven't been paying attention to what those savings might be. After seeing the mention of vinyl the prices don't register with me at all, and I have no idea what the savings are, I just ignore the rest of the post.

I pretty much boycott DD anymore anyway after a horrible customer service experience about 1-2 years ago but if they had something I wanted for like 80% off anywhere else I might risk buying it....

14. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

15. Beholdentonoone

15% off in stock items w the code CLAWDIO

16. DapperGentleman

There are a handful of new items in the bin this morning, fyi. Nothing grabbed me but I might have missed something.

17. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Probably the SOV titles.

hutlock likes this.
  18. Doug_B

Doug_B Time Traveler

10% off 2+ in-stock items with the code RINGO. Expires 6/26.

Doug

19. chodad

chodad Hodad

20. Beholdentonoone

liquifury and latheofheaven like this.
  21. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I have bought items from them numerous times and never got anything used.
    Same stock I get from importcd.
    Never understood why they always did that.

22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

To echo what was said above, I've ordered a few times from DD via eBay and it has always been new product. Keep in mind though, there is a $1.99 per item shipping charge that is added which can eat up a good chunk of the discount if the item is less expensive. Still, I've managed to put together some pretty good buys using these discounts.

23. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

Thanks @chodad ! Some pretty decent deals here. I only had time to look through some of the cheaper Metal deals and found four:
    • Dozer - Drifting In The Endless Void [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] $16.37 (after 25% off)
    • Nocturnal Rites - 8Th Sin [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] $14.63 (after 25% off)
    • Oddland - Vermilion [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] $15.81 (after 25% off)
    • Void of Sleep - Metaphora [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] $15.08 (after 25% off)
    Even with the $1.99 shipping per item, a solid deal on each.

24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

the worst Nocturnal Rites album but thats a good deal

latheofheaven and liquifury like this.
  25. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

@Swordsandchains - I agree. Their earlier work is much better, but I couldn't pass it up at this price. :pleased: