Denon web site now showing DVD-3910!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by KeithH, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

If this is old news, I apologize. I just surfed around denon.com and saw that information is available on the DVD-3910. It looks like a great machine. Based on the price, HDCD capability, and model number, I think of it as the successor to the DVD-3800. The '2900 really isn't since it's a bit cheaper and lacks HDCD decoding. Anyway, go here for more on the '3910:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=4

Here's information on the '3910 from the above link:

2. KeithH

Note this from Denon's description of the '3910:

:(

3. KeithH

On a related note, Denon no longer lists the DVD-1200 or '2200 on its web site. The cheapest single-disc DVD player listed that does hi-rez audio is the '2900. Hopefully replacements are coming for the '1200 and '2200. There is a huge gap in price between the '1910 (MSRP $269) and '2900, so I would expect models to be coming to fill the gap.

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Oh No! More cash needed now......................................... :D

(Too bad it did not record!) [Asking for too much in one box, I know]

6. srigby

srigby Active Member

I just ordered one tonight from Crutchfield. They have a special going on now, if you order a 2nd qualifying item you get 10% off and free shiping. I ordered the Roku M1000 soundbridge with the 3910 so I effectively got the Roku unit for $94.00 (reg. price $249.00)

Scott

7. KeithH

The '3910 isn't up on Crutchfield's web site yet.

8. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

I think the replacement for the 2900 is the 2910. It's not shown on their web site, but I saw it listed on an inventory screen at a local store (along with the 1910 and 3910). No word on a release date.

- joe s

9. KeithH

Thanks for the info. I wonder if there will be any major changes in going from the '2900 to the '2910. I suppose the video section could always get a new chip, but I wonder about the audio section.

Perhaps Denon will also offer a '2210.

10. srigby

srigby Active Member

You have to call Crutchfield and ask for the DVD-3910. I received an email from them today saying that it has already shipped.

Scott

11. KeithH

Thanks. They are sometimes a bit slow to update their web site. They never had the Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD/CD changer up until it was actually in stock. Sometimes they have items posted on their web site for pre-order. As it is, they still don't have pictures posted of the 'C2000ES, nor do they have all information on the player posted.

12. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Any SH forum members pick up this player yet??? I am interested in getting one, but would like a forum member to comment on the performance.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.