Did anyone watch "Veep" on HBO?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve D., Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It was just ok. Everyone being so spread out doing their own thing just dilutes the dynamic that made the show click.

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
  3. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

The dialogue from nearly every character on this show is super sharp and witty. I'm going to miss this show

4. dirwuf

I'm hoping for a Jonah spinoff...

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

JLD does not look like she's wearing a wig this season. Somehow, I think the cast will get together again; might take a few episodes though.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I thought last nights episode was pretty funny. This show never fails to disappoint in terms of at least making me chuckle a few times a show. Richard and Gary are hilarious.

7. Richard is always good for laughs. What a character! I'm watching this last episode tonight.

8. Mina rules! She is consistently funny and very well played.

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, she is hilarious! This episode was great.

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
  10. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'm binge watching this show...boy do the insults fly fast and furious on VEEP, the writing is razor sharp and hilarious, at times my jaw drops at some of the things being said. I know one thing for sure my insult library has been expanded x 1,000.

12. Splungeworthy

Episode 7: easily the best of the season. I love Mike's very meta "It's so hard to think of new ways to curse". This show seems to have an inexhaustible supply. Also, "Catherine's Catheriness", and "You've got more issues than National Geographic!". By the way, if it isn't clear yet, I think it's inevitable that Jonah becomes president, with Selina as veep. She just has so much negative karma that's going to come at her hard.

Mr. E. Tramp likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

:faint::faint: Jonah as President of the USA :biglaugh:that's comedy gold right there.

Mr. E. Tramp and GodShifter like this.
  14. dirwuf

Yep, and the only way they can really do that is with a 3-4 year time jump for next season....

15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I just realize sue is gone. was hoping for the very odd sue/kent dynamic to continue

bferr1 likes this.
  16. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Anyone else notice that "Tom James" is balder this season? Obviously the actor left his hairpiece at home. I'd be curious if that was his personal choice or if the show wanted to show the character in a different light since he is no longer in the public spotlight.

I'd really like to see a blooper reel on this show - I can't imagine the actors being able to keep a straight face consistently.

17. TeleStrat

TeleStrat Senior Member

I've been following Veep on DVD which is how I prefer to watch a TV series.
    I have cable but I don't watch it much. It was a package deal with my high speed internet.
    As far as characters, I like Ben, Kent, Sue and Richard.

Steve...O and Pete Puma like this.
  18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Didn't Sue take a job with the new administration?

19. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I just realized after watching this week's episode that she's gone. I used to like her character, but I guess with everyone split into different subplots now, I don't miss her too much.

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I read somewhere the actress had other commitments.

GodShifter likes this.
  21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I believe I read that as well. I kind of forgot about her. She and Gary Cole created some funny situations.

22. It is always funny to see Selena's total lack of integrity have a karmic payoff where she is always denied what she wants most. And she never learns from her mistakes.

GodShifter likes this.
  23. Splungeworthy

This past episode was one of the season's best-the gang celebrating Gary's 40th birthday at his Alabama childhood home. Jean Smart and Stephen Root played Gary's parents (Gary's mom thinks Gary and Selina are a couple). The episode really whipped around to cover several different story lines and the one liners were coming fast and furious. Best lines (that I can reproduce here): Selina: "If I had a crib for every baby that died inside me, I could open a Pottery Barn Kids"; President Montez: "He threatened not to rape the president"- Jonah: "That's not a threat, that's a promise!" That whole sequence was amazing.

Deesky likes this.
  24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Agreed, excellent episode. That was totally the line that cracked me up (pottery barn), amongst so many underplayed zingers.

25. Splungeworthy

I always watch with the captions on, otherwise I wouldn't catch half of these great throwaway lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.