Did you like Full House?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by driverdrummer, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarget

guitarget Forum Resident

Its even worse than Jimmy Fallon

Benno123 likes this.
  2. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

Only as a little kid before I knew better.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That show sets a record for me as starring four actors all of whom I can't stand.

googlymoogly likes this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Now this Full House I love.

[​IMG]

5. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

My son is 7 and watches it pretty much every night. It is what it is but compared to some of the other crap that is on today I'm fine with it.

mpayan likes this.
  6. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I can't believe no one has posted the one and only performance of Jesse & the Rippers on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". Watch for cameo by Saget and Lori Loughlin (Have mercy!....Aunt Becky is still hot!)

7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Hell no.

woody likes this.
  8. I hated it. Awful awful show even in its time.

9. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

This thread has me in stitches.

Horrible, horrible show. And yet I watched it semi-regularly during its original run. Sort of like continually playing with a canker sore.

JFS3 and The Panda like this.
  10. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I liked it during its original run, but keep in mind I was 7 when it started. By the time the show ended I was 14 and had "grown out" of it and had moved on to better things.

If it was being produced today, it would be on The Disney Channel instead of network television.

11. drasil

drasil Former Resident

yeah, but I bet all you guys loved step by step.

MRamble likes this.
  12. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

I liked it then and still like it now. :-popcorn:

13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Step By Step was just a remake of The Brady Bunch. It's not offensive but it's no Full House.

14. drasil

drasil Former Resident

I just named a random Miller-Boyett show, given how remarkably interchangeable they are.

there should be a sitcom comprised entirely of the 'breakout next door neighbor' characters--Kimmy Gibbler, Urkel, Cody, Mrs Poole... maybe Bronson Pinchot could guest star.

AKA likes this.
  15. AKA

AKA Senior Member

The Hogan Family was actually a great show when it was Valerie. I read somewhere that Valerie Harper fought to keep the storylines more grounded in reality and less Miller-Boyettish.

smokeverbs likes this.
  16. Vernoona

Vernoona Well-Known Member

sappy nonsense. John Stamos as the Elvis loving muso was cringeworthy

17. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

It's a terrible show, but my 10-year-old daughter absolutely loves it. It's shown multiple times a day on Nickelodeon and it's her #1 fan. We found the complete series boxset for cheap for Christmas, so at least I've got my DRV back.

18. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I once worked for a guy who thought that "Saved By The Bell" was the end all, be all TV show of all-time, so who am I to rain on someone's "Full House" parade? I get it when you enjoy a show and it brings back fond memories. My show growing up was always "Bewitched" and I have such fond memories of that goofy old show, that I actually begged my way onto the old "Screen Gems" backlot in L.A. (now the "Warner Brothers" Ranch), to get this photo of me in front of the still-standing facade of the "Bewitched" house!

So, go on, have your "Full House" marathon and have fun, it's not my thing, but at least I get it!

4A.jpg

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Check out the Full House Reviwed blog. It is hilarious! Every episode of the show is reviewed with some very funny commentary:

http://www.fullhousereviewed.com

OldSoul likes this.
  20. AKA

AKA Senior Member

It's strange that a show as cheesy and dated as Full House is resonates with so many kids 27 years after it premiered. I wonder how much shelf life it has left.

21. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

It is kind of remarkable. At first I thought it was just now-grown '80s/90s kids who were watching the reruns for a laugh or out of misplaced nostalgia, but when we had kids staying with us last year, the 7-year-old girl loved the show on its own "merits,"for lack of a better term. I wonder if it's because all the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon live-action sitcoms that sprang up in the 2000s-10s seem to follow the same basic template that Full House ran on - goofy shenanigans with kids, super-broad adult characters that are utterly incompetent, laugh tracks pushed to the max, etc. Perhaps it seems similar enough in structure to modern kids' shows that it doesn't come off as dated as it should otherwise.

22. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident Thread Starter

I always liked the look of the show. Bright and cheerful. Was it shot on videotape?

23. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Always looked like it to me. Heh, considering how successful it still is in syndication, I'd almost bet they'd have done an HD remaster for it by now if it was possible.

24. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

And that's putting it mildly. Later on I enjoyed John Stamos's visits to the Howard Stern show and Bob Saget as a comedian but the show was the biggest pile of dog feces since the show with the little girl who was a robot.

Benno123, Scott222C and AKA like this.
  25. 905

905 Senior Member

I watched the early seasons, at least.
    I was an 80's kid.

AKA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.