Different hard drives sound different.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by cwon, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The post you cherry picked that line you quoted was about an OS problem causing digital glitches. And you decided to twist that into fitting your own beliefs and bias about digital audio.

Ironically a digital voodoo product, the Schiit Wyrd, fixed the issues that person was having. Weird.

2. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

so?

3. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Your reply was essentially telling the person you quoted that digital glitches and pops are a psychological issue. Those sorts of digital glitches happen to be a very real issue that affects many computer based digital audio setups. They're a very real problem. Nothing imaginary about them and those problems aren't due to misunderstanding how digital audio works.

4. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

Maybe it isn't such a voodoo product after all. Wasn't the DAC. Wasn't the drive. I figured the Mini was hosed or some sort of USB glitch. Couldn't find an optical cable handy but a Wyrd was. So I hooked it up. Problem gone. Hell, maybe it will come back. We shall see.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  5. Chooke

Chooke Forum Resident

The absolute sound magazine is about audio woo and voodoo, and most of their reviewers live on another planet, this claim is just one example of it.

Robert C and Brother_Rael like this.
  6. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Foo in hi-fi? Seriously...?

:D

Bolero likes this.
  7. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

It's not that you're wrong, it's that we're in a thread about different hard drives sounding different. Context is key. I don't think anybody is suggesting that everything in digital audio is totally smooth sailing, its more that the waters have been so muddied by nonsense.

Gregory Earl and jimbutsu like this.
  8. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Yeah. There is a slight price difference though between 2 TB on HDD and SSD....
    But I concur, SSD if you're rig is anything decent is the way to go.

9. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

" Always " is usually proved wrong.

10. BrilliantBob

BrilliantBob Select, process, CTRL+c, CTRL+z, ALT+v

What resonance have these "High Fidelity RAM" for PC? Where to buy? :goodie:

jimbutsu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.