Digital camera question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bajaed, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

They look like this:

[​IMG]

2. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I got one last night. Yes youre right.. This is the "The One" I got a clear detailed photo night and day difference.
    Thank you man..!:shtiphat:

Tim Lookingbill likes this.
  3. Classic Car Guy

Hi.
    I don't know exactly on that type of battery for other superior replacements. But in concerning more of safety is very important like what you mentioned. Most of the cheap batteries doesn't last and they heat up, will leak or catch fire. The original Nikon EN-EL12 battery will last you 400+ shots before charging. $21 dollars go with the original.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  4. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

I'm glad I could help out.

Could you post a sample shot that show results using this light?

I'ld just like to see how others interpret white balance because I've had some issues with consistency due to manufacturing differences with the two Hyperikons compared to the two Crees that didn't.

But the Hyperikon website lists Pixar studios as a client which kinda' made me go with them. The Crees are so much better and consistent in light output and white balance.

5. Classic Car Guy

I will. I'm currently doing 1 deck now and Ill post some pics.
    I used 2 bulbs in my stand and that took out the shadow.

6. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Have you set your camera to fixed daylight white balance, usually represented by a sun icon?

7. Classic Car Guy

Look at this new 3 sets of shot comparing to the photo I attached yesterday.
    Top-1 bulb
    Middle-2 bulbs
    Bottom-1 bulbs
    I notice I take only 1 shot now instead of 5 then choosing the right picture. With a few adjustments .. Bingo. The camera I'm using is a $55.00 Samsung that I bought in 2010. If I buy the new camera, its definitely gonna be more step up. The way how I look at it, I like it. I can see it and the shading is professional.
    Thanks,,,

[​IMG]

8. Classic Car Guy

:righton:

9. Classic Car Guy

These are my old sets of photo. I have to snap atleast 15 to make these images and choose the best vs the new one I just posted. As you can see. Night and day.

10. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

I can see the huge improvement in contrast and sharper detail. What's great about those Cree spot floods is they're not heavy and they have the built in unbreakable plastic dome diffuser that gives a broader spray of soft light. I'm assuming you shot jpeg so that makes it even easier and obviously still looks great.

If the Samsung has been capturing this good I don't see why you'ld have to upgrade to a more expensive and complex camera.

Just a suggestion on lighting black objects such as your audio equipment you might want to use one bulb as fill light on the front to bring out the buttons that are lost in the black shadows. Might just get a third bulb for fill light since they're pretty cheap.

Classic Car Guy likes this.
  11. Classic Car Guy

Yep.. probably one more bulb and stand in the opposite side. This is gonna save me a lot of time.
    I might end up re-shooting some of my other decks and guitars so its very clear to the viewers eye.
    Thanks man. This definitely solved my problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.