DCC Archive Digital Cameras (Way, way, waaaaay off topic :-)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

Well, this is "The Lounge", so I figured, what-the-heck, I'll go off-topic just once and share with my DCC Forum friends...

We just bought a new digital camera, a Sony MVC-CD300, which records onto those little 8inch CDRs/CDRWs. I'd read reviews that this was a pretty decent digital cam, but I still wasn't prepared for how good the pix would look.

I'm especially thrilled with the macro ability. I really was stunned after loading the first macro image (a picture of my son's blue brio choo-choo train) into the computer.

Here are a few pictures (including the choo-choo) I just posted:
    http://www.swingteam.com/pix

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Holy Zoo ]

2. Holy Zoo

P.S. You can click on the first three pictures to see the full resolution file.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Beautiful snaps, Jeff, especially the black & whites!

Anyone else have photos they wish to post?

Go ahead!

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

These I had on a Zip disc from 7/13/00. These are from then, a newly aquired Kodak D260 camera. I filled a meger 8meg memory card, this being the 1st serious tourist series of shots. Contents are of Boston Massachusetts during a brief stint of the Tall Ships exibit.

The first one is just of a waterfall for speed test (didn't do so hot) and by in no means "in order" the rest of the shots are two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen and beer (Harpoon Brewery, collection of ole beer containers). One should not pass up a free opportunity for refreshment and fondeling of hops.

Pics are reduced 50% for most of you on supposed dial up and to help full-view in most browsers.

My fave is the tall ship I shot with the clouds blocking the sky, should be #11....

And Zoo - those pics, the B&W ones are art, pure and simple. Have those processed to long-lasting paper pronto!

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Sckott ]

5. Holy Zoo

Sckott - my fav is #11, that really came out beautifully!

Oh - and my son's favorite is, of course, #8!

Indeed, I had no idea there was a lifesize Theodore Tugboat in existance! You don't happen to know offhand if that's always in Boston, or does it travel around the country? I have to take our kids to see that!

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ah yes. "To brew and serve", my old college motto...

Nice shots, Sckott.

ANYONE ELSE? C'MON, POST SOME SNAPS!

7. Sckott

My understanding of the tugboat is that it and the other boats were on exibit for the 3-4 weekend stint, but I am in no way positive of that.

The tugboat was neat, but best at that distance to observe the paint. Up close, the kids woulnd't have known the difference, I'm pretty sure.

One boat was particularly hard to get on, I think it was one from the Philippines. It and many others like it had strict guidelines of how you approach the ship (NO TOUCH!) and a few were there for a very short time. People crouded them like a ticketmaster outlet.

Sidenote, the buddy I was with didn't tell me just how much walking was going to be involved from the parking garage that day. I was only in deck shoes/rubber beach sneakers (ones with the cross straps and the buckle snaps) and my feet had several quarter-sized blisters after the 1st 4 hours. It was also 80f in the shade, so I'm walking Boston's harbor barefoot with those shoes in one hand and the camera in the other, walking like an ostrich (ow owwW!). The $2 for spring water was just to cool the footsies. God, that sucked.

Damn straight I didn't delete those photos! buddy said we walked 2 miles(?) I agree; some of them were fairly good. Luck was at the shutter finger!

If I have more, I'll post em, but that's it for ships and feet!!

8. Sckott

Ok, one more.

Took this photo at my folks house. I lived there for my teens. I was able to catch a point where the sun hid behind the clouds. Looks like one of those religious shots for a calendar, huh? Nope. Same Kodak DC260. Here's the lake from a sunnier day, but that's with a VERY CHEAP camera (talking $1.00 away from a disposable!) and back to the digital camera, a swan that visits my mom, chases other feathered creatures away and takes handouts from your fingers, for real.

This is a nice shot of the distance, showing the depth of the lake. The family house is actually 5 paces backwards.

Great life in the summer, growing up! There's a small island out there that I used to camp off of. Blueberries growing wild.

Okay, nuff of me showing off.

9. Holy Zoo

Ouch! You shoulda taken a picture of your feet afterwards (kind of a digital record of your scars).

:)

10. Holy Zoo

11. Sckott

I did!! Totally! But, I don't think you wanna see it. Actually, ok.. LOOK if you MUST! Honestly, it hurt more than it looked. I wobbled for 3 days, and I can usually shug things off. Felt like I had surgery.

I'm warning you ; DON'T LOOK. It's umm, not very pretty.

ZOO! Nice crayon-y pic for my desktop! Very nice pictures. Ya can't tell you cut/pasted the flowers willy-nilly until you said you did. If you look at the flower pattern against they hydrant, then you can see flowers have been cloned!

Nice, Zoo...!

12. Holy Zoo

Aaaaaaghhh! I was *kidding*! :)

But.... having... strange... compulsion... to... look... at... picture.

Ewwwww!

Ok... I think we've all learned a couple lesson here.

1) When Sckott says "don't look at this picture", DON'T.

2) Wear comfortable shoes.

jeff

p.s. I'm glad you like the crayons photo, Sckott! Someday I need to pull in a high-rez scan of the original 35mm negative. Currently all I have is what you see (that small picture above).

13. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Maybe this is more artsy.

[​IMG]

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Patrick M ]

14. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Or is it Artsy-F*rtsy? ;)

Well, OK, I may be able to scan something and try to post it.... but I wish "cut & paste" worked here. I know how to DO that!

I think Sckott mentioned how to do this - find a public server, create a URL or path or something like that. Who knows *shrug*? I have trouble finding the "Q" on the keyboard... :eek:

15. Holy Zoo

If you want something hosted, feel free to send me email, and I'll throw it up on my web server: [email protected]

16. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thanks, HZ! I really appreciate it! Sent the email seconds ago!

The following is the group's picture. I'm the one at the back. :D

Gary

17. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Since I have the cutest granddaughter in the world I can't resist :) By the way she's single :p #1 granddaughter

18. Holy Zoo

Ok.. you're right... that is *really* darned cute!!! :D

Gary - I sent ya mail!

19. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thank's to Holy Zoo, here is a rare picture of the Fab Four taken at The Hot Stove Lounge at Maple Leaf Gardens during their second tour (if I remember correctly) by the Toronto Telegram newspaper. The signatures
    have been verified as NOT authentic (according to two online sources).
    Presumably it was autographed by their secretaries who tried to write like
    the Fab Four.
    [​IMG]

Cool, eh? If you've read my previous note, I am NOT the one at the back!

;) S'matter of fact, I can't even hold a tune in a paper bag..........

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Gary who finally got it right!]
    ;)

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Gary ]

20. Sckott

How you GET the grandaughter to stay in one place all gussied out like a sunflower IS art in itself. Nice pictures!

21. Sckott

Gary, be careful when posting the URLs, as it's not a good idea to put spaces in file names or URLs, or you have to know what %20's are in HTML. :(

Try fixing that. Love to see it.

Hey PATMAN! How about telling me (us) what that window time capsule is of? :confused:

22. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Done, Sckott! Enjoy, everyone!

23. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Hmmmm...I thought we all spoke hex around here.

That wonderful pic of Mr. Rogers memorabilia I took in the Pittsburgh airport back in July.

0x50 0x41 0x54 0x52 0x49 0x43 0x4B :D

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Patrick M ]

24. Sckott

I knew it had to do with "Meow Meows", I just cound't remember the program (Refering to the cat muppet in the window)

The John Lennon autograph looks authentic, but it doesn't look all that familiar when it says "Lennon". Too bad. Nice photo, as I've never seen one like that before. If you could reailize how many flash bulbs went off in their faces, there must still be many redundant photos never seen yet.
    Thanks!

25. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.