Digital Cameras????????

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ronflugelguy, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

I have just started looking at this things in order to puchase one. The main one i am looking at is an Olympus p750, i thinkk that's the model number. anyone have words of wisdon on buying a digi camsera, or any recomendations. Thanks, Ron.

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I like the HP PhotoSmart series. Inexpensive, take great pictures, etc.

3. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

I have a Fuji and i love it.

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

5. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Canon Powershot S400, it's the third digital camera I've bought from Canon and it's my favorite thus far. It's small, but takes fantastic pictures.

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I always used Nikon, but the new Olympus Camedia seems to be a winner!

7. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I have an Olympus C5050 which is great. Takes pro quality photos, has tons of features. Probably the best thing about it is the lens. Tack sharp and a wide 1.8 aperture that stays pretty constant through the zoom range. My only beef is the loooong shutter lag, but it probably isn't much different than most P&S cameras these days.

8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

A very good camera... got a very high rating at Digital Preview A winner!!!

9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Another excellent review here

10. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Since I am in the hospital now I have no need for my digital camera anymore.

If you want to buy it let me know.

Below is the last picture I took with it to show the quality of photos it can take.

[​IMG]

11. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

My Olympus takes decent photos. I want to upgrade, though, and get somthing with a better zoom. Some of Olympus's better cameras have as high a zoom as 10x optical, which covers the range of my SLR's two different zoom lenses. Something like their C-750 Ultra Zoom. :)

I'm really waiting for an affordable digital SLR myself. Olympus has their new E series SLR, but it's pretty expensive and doesn't even include a lens or flash!

For my modest needs of a point/shoot digital, the Olympus I have takes nice enough photos. When I want more control, I'll use my SLR and scan in the negatives.

12. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

If anyone's looking into a digital SLR the new Canon Digital Rebel has some pretty amazing specs and is the first to go under the $1,000 mark. That includes a wide zoom lens if you buy a package.
    BTW, Canon is issuing a line of SLR lenses that'll only work on the digital Rebel. They don't have to cover the full 35mm range so they're cheaper and lighter.

Interesting camera, but I've heard that the superior D10, for $500 more, is selling so fast they can't make enough of them.

Dan C

13. -=Rudy=-

I've been eyeballing a Minolta Dimage 7Hi since I can get it for a low price. Has a 7x optical zoom. Sort of wish they'd make a digital Maxxum so I could put my five lenses and polarizer to use though. To me, lack of a polarizer on digital cameras limits what kind of photos I'd like to take.

I've seen the D10 though. :) Nice rig. Give it a year, and the same quality will cost less. That's technology for ya. :)

14. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

I think the Digital Rebel SLR is totally cool. No lag on shots and what you see is what you get. Has anyone bought one yet? comments?

15. -=Rudy=-

I like the idea of the Digital Rebel, but it's out of my price range right now. My main peeves about my current point/shoot digital are that 1) I want a longer zoom and 2) I want to be able to add a circular polarizer to the lens. More pixels would be nice also. Not in my budget though....I'm waiting a year or so to see what else comes out.

16. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:thumbsup: Me too. SO easy to use and takes great pics!

17. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

I've had really good luck with my Canon PowerShot A70. One hot pixel so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.