Dire Straits SACDs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by NiceMrMustard, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceMrMustard

NiceMrMustard Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well I placed my order of Love Over Gold in fall 2017 on Acoustic Sounds and no sign of the SACD yet. Last month their site indicated "coming in October," and now it says "coming in November." I expect that to read "coming in December" very soon.

2. NiceMrMustard

NiceMrMustard Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered Love Over Gold from Acoustic Sounds in September 2017, and called them when I found out the SACDs were being shipped. The agent was sympathetic to my concern but offered no explanation.

This release has been a marketing debacle. All major audiophile sites (AS, Elusive, MD, and Sound Stage Direct when they were still in business) promoted these things as far back as summer 2017. Last year, the giant MD annual catalog sent in November featured all of these MoFi pressings on their back cover. Clearly thousands of music lovers around the world pre-ordered and the plant didn't press enough, so they fulfilled only some orders (I guess pre-orders were fulfilled in some random fashion). I'm not holding my breath - the early '00s pressings of these albums sound extremely good.

If Steely Dan ever gets the MoFi treatment, I hope they don't screw the pooch with the crazy promotion the way they did it with these MoFis.

thetman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.