disapointment with phono what now

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by NealW, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NealW

NealW New Member Thread Starter

i had someone build me a tube phono stage but unfortunately some design issue has left it with zero bass - AHHH after sending it back and forth with the designer i have finally given up and am once again looking for a phono stage for MM. my preference is tube as i have Naim solid state equipment. my Naim phono stage isn't bad but doesn't move me either. i was looking at a previous post on phono's but those were all way above my budget which is more in the $500-$700 range. the one exception is the micro groove which is the small brother of the groove. is that something to look at? what about others? remember i am in south africa so 220V is an issue.

2. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast

Take a look at Wright Sound's products. I use one of their preamps, a tube-based job with phono and line stage and am quite pleased with it. And their prices are excellent.

Here's a tubed phono preamp they sell for $750.

3. NealW

NealW New Member Thread Starter

isn't there a 220V problem?? looks interesting though

4. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast

Sorry I missed that.

However, George Wright, the owner of Wright Sound, is quite receptive to his customers' needs. I'd recommend contacting him about your situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd make a preamp for you with a 220V power supply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.