Discogs new layout

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CWChrome, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Of course, whenever I start getting frustrated with new interface, I remind myself that A) it allows me to catalogue my entire collection and pinpoint pressings for free; B) despite the occasional omissions, it's still the single most comprehensive online release database I know of; C) there really are no great alternatives that I've found; and D) I've generally gotten the exact pressing of an LP I purchase in the range it was rated at through the site.

All in all, despite being frustrated by some of the new layout features, it's hard for me to get too worked up over something I'm not paying for.

2. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

No difference on the mobile app as far as I can see.

benzo and martinb4 like this.
  3. Progatron

Progatron Wealthy industrialist philanthropist & bicyclist

Exactly.

dee, punkmusick and Zoo Station like this.
  4. jtsjc1

jtsjc1 Forum Resident

I don't like it and we should be given the choice to use it or not. Its a pain in the ass to find all the releases with label, date etc.

Iving, DaveJ and Strat-Mangler like this.
  5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

What I want to know is why both versions can't be provided? They obviously were able to with the Beta toggle but they stopped.

Why?

For the 1% of people, keep the new version available while the 99% who prefer the old version get to have a choice to go back to something that makes sense.

This is beyond stupid.

Iving, dee, Dave and 3 others like this.
  6. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I’m not seeing what’s so different either. The first thing I usually do though when looking with my phone is click desktop view on the bottom. This whole view more versions that many are complaining about has already been there for a very long time for me.

JohnJ likes this.
  7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’ve been doing a lot of cataloging recently (30-50 titles/day). Still a long way to go. The new format p’d me off at first. I still like the old one better but I’m used to the new one and can live with it.

It does give you the option of just looking at images or looking at the rest of the information which appears to all be about the same, or both.

Mostly, I just appreciate that Discogs is there. It’s a great resource and it’s free, more or less. Count your blessings.

8. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Who wants to see "all releases?"

Not me.

negative1 likes this.
  9. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Seeing all releases meant it would get hung up. This is much better. As a guy who sells on discogs this is a big time saver. Not sure why buyers can’t specify format -seems basic- and country and then you will quickly get the results that meet that very basic criteria

negative1 likes this.
  10. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Yes :)

EG.

Dave likes this.
  11. Zoo Station

Zoo Station Senior Member

Just so I'm clear, are you saying if you clicked on what I've circled below, you wouldn't want to see "all releases"?
    [​IMG]

12. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

I just submitted a bug report re: the master listing format and how it's clipping the year.

Adjust the browser size does zippo.

Dave, shadowlizard and Dewey M like this.
  13. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Yes.
    It takes forever for one thing just to find newer pressings of any album or CD. You have to keep clicking to show more, again and again.

The whole changes to their site, they basically broke something that didn't need "fixing."

Dave, Zoo Station and CWChrome like this.
  14. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

YES!!

skisdlimit and Dave like this.
  15. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I strongly dislike it too.

skisdlimit, Dave and George P like this.
  16. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

Everyone else

Dave likes this.
  17. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

I just got a pre-formatted reply. I replied saying I still see the year clipped off.

Please review the information below. If this does not address your issue, reply directly to this message and a member of the Discogs support team will contact you with additional guidance.

Before replying, please make sure to follow the steps shown below:

• You should be logged into your Discogs account.

• Discogs is developed to work on a wide variety of platforms and web browsers. For optimal performance, we recommend using one of the following browsers. Current major version and the preceding version of all the listed browsers are supported:
      • Chrome
      • Firefox
      • Safari
      • Edge
      • Opera
    • If you have any trouble accessing Discogs, please clear your browser's cache and cookies.

• We also suggest reviewing pop-up blocker, add-ons or extensions, and noscripts browser settings. In some cases, these browser tools may prevent certain features on Discogs from working properly.

• Try to access the Discogs page/feature from another browser. This will help understanding if the issue is due to the device
    If you need additional help after taking these steps, you can let us know by replying to this email. Also, please provide us with any information that may help us replicate the problem like an error message or a screenshot.

18. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Sh*teous

Iving likes this.
  19. Manalishi

Manalishi With the 2-pronged crown

Under the Format filter what's the difference between Vinyl, LP and Album?

Recordfan and dee like this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, it's bad and cumbersome to use. no, they don't care.

Dave likes this.
  21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It doesn't matter to me it's to expensive and I can't anything I want there..
    Let them nuke there ownsite..

22. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Do you have some type of visual representation of the issue? Are you looking at it through your phone or computer?

Old Fred likes this.
  23. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

I'm used to it. I got on board with the Beta version and I kind of like the filters.

uzn007 likes this.
  24. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

Through my desktop. I can't share a screen shot. Ugh...

(Why can't this forum support attachments? Beyond me.)

25. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

It sucks.

Iving, Brian Lux, mcwlod and 2 others like this.