Do video stores sometimes appear in your dreams?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Myrtonos, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Myrtonos

Myrtonos Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apparently record stores appears in the dreams of some users of this site (see this thread) so how about video stores?

2. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

Would be a nice dream for me to be in a video store circa 1987 looking 'round for all kinds of video goodies. I used to enjoy doing that in real life as a teen. Be fun to dream about it as a 50-year-old.

Usually I have tension-filled dreams or nightmares so a dream about a video store would be quite pleasant.

majorlance likes this.
  3. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

Yes, I do. I worked at a few so the memory comes back to me in a dream some nights. Sometimes I see one of my old bosses who passed decades ago.

ZackyDog and Dyland like this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

No, but I have a recurring nightmare where someone forgot to rewind.

majorlance, Dyland and 64FALCON like this.
  5. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

You should borrow some tapes from me, Ghosty. Since I only have 6000 or so I have a few to spare. +Plus+: I always rewind them when I'm done playing them. I'm a good citizen! :righton:

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I admire people who held onto their video tapes. I have some rare stuff stashed somewhere at my mothers house. Except for that tape I’ve never been able to find a copy of John Malkovich and Gary Sinise in “true West” the Sam Shepard play they broadcast on PBS and malkavitch’s best role. That was the first thing I ever taped with our new Hitachi VHS machine that we paid 1200 bucks for.If someone has a digital copy of that let me know

64FALCON likes this.
  7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Decades ago..

8. Myrtonos

Myrtonos Forum Resident Thread Starter

9. danasgoodstuff

danasgoodstuff Forum Resident

Record stores, yes. Books 'n magazines sometimes too. But no videos that I recall.

10. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

No on video stores, hard to believe we once had video stores. Unfortunately don’t dream of record stores either.

11. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

Lol. For years I had dreams of walking into a video store, getting excited over a bunch of rare titles (to purchase) and just as I'm checking out I wake up. Then again I toured mom and pop video stores in 48 states from 2005 to 2013 buying and selling VHS, and that was my only job and it supported my family during that time. Crazy how in the dream I remembered these odd titles that didn't exist in real life, but right now I can't remember one.