Do you have a band? Solo musician? If you have a music video, you can share with our SHTV members.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 30, 2021.

1. lee59

lee59 Member Envy

From my band, Blue Cartoon. This one goes way back.

samskeyti and PoetryOnPlastic like this.
  2. PoetryOnPlastic

PoetryOnPlastic Forum Reedmaker

I havent had a band since high school, but I am a classical musician by trade. I currently play in the Tucson Symphony and I'm finishing up my DMA in Oboe Performance.

_cruster, Archtop, Liam Brown and 2 others like this.
  3. Rodrigo Antunes II

Rodrigo Antunes II Well-Known Member

I've worked in a few bands but I've always liked recording covers by myself. This one I made for an official Paul McCartney channel contest when they released the remixed Band On The Run album. Forgive me for the excess of bass frequencies. My reference was not very good at the time. There is more stuff on my channel

Zafu and SRC like this.
  4. cosplusisin

cosplusisin Forum Resident

Just noticed this thread today. Lots of talent in this thread.

I am in a band called The Martingales. We formed in Edmonton, AB, but a while back I moved to Waterloo, ON, and now we have band members in both locations. We are three albums in, we have no fans (we haven't really tried yet), and we're working on a fourth album right now. I'm very excited about the new music, and in fact I think this time we will try to get our music out there. I play guitar and sing, and write songs. This is one from our most recent album, which isn't very recent anymore (2016). The song is in 5/4 but if we were successful, it's the kind of 5/4 that you wouldn't even notice is in a weird timing because it just flows. The song is a pretty good indicator of what we sound like. Hope you enjoy it!

fretlessrich and HiredGoon like this.
  5. Zeptana 79

Zeptana 79 Well-Known Member

This is my band, The Express Empire, from Melbourne, Australia. Live in Geelong.

Kelby A. Thomas and HiredGoon like this.
  6. Kelby A. Thomas

Kelby A. Thomas Forum Resident

Now I have 2 reasons to visit Australia: see EE live and cross Geelong off the bucket list! Really dig your harmonizing vibe; love the "Cold on the Hillside" tune on your BC page, any chance you'll be posting an album or live set for download?

heavymetaljim and Zeptana 79 like this.
  7. Zeptana 79

Zeptana 79 Well-Known Member

That's very kind of you Kelby. It would be great to see you in the land of Oz when you can make it down! Yes, we will be posting everything we've got for download very soon - thanks so much for checking us out.

heavymetaljim likes this.
  8. phonograph

phonograph Forum Resident

"Horus"
    This from 2006, 4th track from "Mahatma", the first of two albums we did.

9. billybudapest

billybudapest Forum Resident

10. koshrecords

koshrecords NZ-based Xennial, Manics expert

I don't do the 'live' or 'performance video' thing, but make abstract lyric videos for my tunes. Here's one from my latest record - a double! - called 'The Effing News'. The album is 'Undelete', download/streaming links here.

11. heavymetaljim

heavymetaljim Active Member

From my band R&O

Brickie and Crimson Witch like this.
  12. cosplusisin

I dig it. I feel like you must be around the same age as me (~40). This sounds influenced by 90s alternative music.

13. cosplusisin

This is really nice.

The Starclipse likes this.
  14. cosplusisin

Your band has a pretty great sound. I love the incessant flute-type sound in the verses of this song.

15. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

Seeing as everyone enjoys The Beatles, I thought I’d share my cover of ‘Paperback Writer.’ I did everything but the drums.

16. Kelby A. Thomas

Kelby A. Thomas Forum Resident

Dig this and the trax on your utube channel, a lot of intriguing ideas in your instrumentals. Not surprisingly, searches for Horus & Mahatma yielded significant results - can you you provide an album(s) link?

phonograph likes this.
  17. Lurgan Lad

Lurgan Lad Forum Resident

Thought I would share a You tube video I recently put together to accompany an instrumental composition by Michael R. Dearth titled "Medieval"
    It was recorded in demo form in the late seventies for his first album but not included on that release.
    Original recording on a Dokorder RTR and later mixed down on a Portastudio.
    My only copy survives on a TDK "D" normal cassette tape he gave me back in the late nineties
    ( still works ! )
    I just came across it and imported in to Audacity.
    Mike unfortunately passed away from a hereditary heart condition several years ago.
    I was the cover, sleeve and promo photographer for his second album " Haunted Heart".
    There is another demo of Mike's on my YT channel titled " Alberta"; a traditional blues song he later recorded on his first album " God, Women & The Blues ".

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Zeptana 79 likes this.
  18. phonograph

phonograph Forum Resident

Thanks a lot for that, really appreciate your insight. So, below is a link to a playlist comprising all the six tracks from the album. Hope you'll like it, cheers.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwX4ZQwzOHkZUdAnhi3Ojt89X9w6XCrSx

Kelby A. Thomas likes this.
  19. T'mershi Duween

T'mershi Duween Forum Resident

to blow off some creative steam during doing pre production on a movie, I did this with the fx makeup team. Trying to stay sane for the insanity that followed (and continues on this wild ride) as things have only gotten weirder as Atlanta & Hollywood grow more intertwined.
    Here’s hoping for some roaring 20’s!

]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  20. GraemeD

GraemeD Forum Resident

I am a singer/guitarist/songwriter in a Canadian band called The Fires Of. Apparently, we never considered "the internet" when coming up with that nearly impossible-to-google name. We've been around just over 10 years now and are recording a new LP (beginning this Friday!). We tend to post most of our works-in-progress on Soundcloud. If you like to hear songs as they develop, then you might enjoy browsing our demos, which are often updated with new parts/mixes.

Here is a recent song called "Mists" from our 2020 release "This Is Not The End".

21. SimonRevolver66

SimonRevolver66 Forum Resident

thank you! Really appreciate that.

22. SimonRevolver66

SimonRevolver66 Forum Resident

23. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

Really dug that bro, particularly water song. Thanks for sharing.

Zafu

davmar77 likes this.
  24. PaeffgenBlue

PaeffgenBlue Forum Resident

I always regard my music as a work in progress, so I never really get far with anything. I made my first album in 2007, then I wanted to improve on all levels and since then it's an endless cycle of finishing a song, putting it online, having doubts, finding it horrible, deleting it, starting all over again with the arrangement and recording - rinse and repeat.

But this one actually survived online for almost a year, I think. So I guess it's safe to share it:

It's mellow singer/songwriter stuff with a bit of an darker electronica-infused angle. Vocally I'm probably operating in the Suzanne Vega tradition, which only means I'm not a shouter.

GraemeD likes this.
  25. Kloon

Kloon Forum Resident

No videos, but music!! This is me. :)