Do you think it’s weird U2 only released one live album?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ghost of Ziggy, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That package is still on Amazon, so I guess it's in print.

Only 3 songs from the 1986 show appear on the DVD, though

Ha ha - I've owned that CD for decades and never realized it was subtitled "PopHeart"! I just thought it was a "Please" CD single! :D

I wish it'd included the "Miami"/"Bullet" lead-in to "Please"! :sigh:

JeffMo likes this.
  2. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Ah, OK. I could only remember that it had some songs from that concert, not that it wasn't the whole set. It's been a while since I last watched that DVD.

3. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Not to mention the Stay single, which has two amazing live tracks from the Zoo TV tour. Think there have been other singles that featured both early and later period live performances.

JeffMo likes this.
  4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

For those who can live with lossy, there is a fair amount of live U2 available at iTunes.

Today I made a JT tour playlist combining '87 shows from Paris and NYC that had different setlists.

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

In honor of new JT30 tour leg starting in Asia, here is the 1987 live playlist I'm rocking out to tonight!

Streets
    I Will Follow
    Trip Through Wires
    I Still Haven't Found/Exodus
    MLK
    The Unfogettable Fire
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    In Gods Country
    Exit/Gloria
    The Electric Co.
    October
    NYD
    Pride
    With or Without You
    Bad
    Party Girl

longdist01 and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  6. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

For Older U2(Pre-Achtung Baby), I mostly prefer the Songs of U2 prior to 'The Joshua Tree'(with exceptions to 'Red Hill Mining Town', 'One Tree Hill' & 'Bullet the Blue Sky'), so actually like about 2/3 of your list(except it is missing 'Sunday Bloody Sunday').

JeffMo likes this.
  7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'd be curious to see your early 1980s setlist. Using the DE of Boy and October, along with Under A Blood Sky and Wide Awake Eps, you can make a fantastic early years gig.

longdist01 likes this.
  8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I would need some time after State High School Soccer Playoffs end to put one together. Although, I would need to go back and play whatever Live Versions of the Songs are on the Deluxe Editions of War, Boy and October. I do own them, but have not played them in awhile. Also, own the Book Box Size DE for 'The Unforgettable Fire' but have that boxed up and would need to dig it out.

9. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

I've listened to a few Songs of Experience songs from the new "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018" set, and so far these performances are great. Red Flag Day is awesome! However, it's kind of odd that Love is All We Have Left seems to have low volume live Bono vocals singing along with the album version. I definitely hope that full show from Berlin gets released on Blu-Ray.

JeffMo, DML71 and uncle like this.
  10. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Got round to listening to it last night. Thumbs up from. Nice photo booklet and really good live versions of the albums. Glad I didn't cancel my membership this year like I was thinking.

Agree with Randy5554, fingers crossed for a full show on Bluray.

11. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Meh U2. Meh

Odysseus likes this.
  12. Harry Krishner

Harry Krishner Forum Resident

….or with Iggy Pop performing Dave and Lou!

13. Odysseus

Odysseus Forum Resident

]

Errr... no.

Covers albums suck by definition. That's valuable time and resources that can be used for original music.

Besides no one wants yet another version of "Perfect Day".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.