Do you think the Beatles will release the White Album mono cd on Apple

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member Thread Starter

I have always been a fan of the Beatles White Album-i own the Rare Apple UK Mono lp and a some of the tracks in mono are really different than the stereo lp.Such as Don't Pass me By-the violin is totally different.Will the Beatles release this officially in Mono on cd-they should i would buy one.My Mono Apple Lp is Great but i would love to spin a Mono White Album cd.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!....NO NEVER...I'll settle with my Mono Beat CD.

3. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I'd bet both of my big toes that it'll never happen.

Keep (and take care of) your vinyl. I only wish I had a mono White Album LP (I do have two pretty good boot CD versions though).

You're right; it's a very cool variation with a lot of interesting touches that differ from the stereo mix.

4. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

For those of you out there, that just want to hear Don't Pass Me By...and Helter Skelter in MONO on a commonly available (though out of print) vinyl lp, just locate the U.S. Capitol/EMI lp Rarities #SHAL-12060 from 1980.

Also, this is a GREAT place to find the elusive STEREO tracks: Misery and There's A Place. :D

Additionally, if you have a choice, get the pressing that says (IN ERROR!) ...the classic LENNON statement: "I've got blisters on my fingers.".....under Helter Skelter liner notes on back cover.

This was changed on later pressings (omitting) "Lennon" because, as we all know...Ringo was the one with "blistered" fingers!

5. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

I have two white album tracks in mono on the Westwood One "Rarities on Compact Disc" vol. 6 CD:

[​IMG]

It came out in '91, so some of the "rarity" is now gone for tracks like "Who Scared You."

6. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Maybe if there is a DVD-A or SACD release and they put the mono mixes as “bonus tracks” or as separate data stream as an incentive to buy the catalogue again. Start writing your letters to Apple NOW!

7. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

I'd be happy with a decent release of ANY kind!:)

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I just got the BEAT version of the Mono Whitey. Seems to be the best out of 2-3 that I've futzed with. It has just a few run-of-the-mill Asher demos (for bonus tracks) that have been released on several occasions. If you have to get one, seek this one out.

Mono White Album legitimately? No.

9. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Another way to tell this early version is that it does not credit George Martin as producer on the back cover, as later editions did.

10. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I saw a Japanese red vinyl MONO of the white album at Audiophile Intnl for $500 back a while ago..........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

11. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

I have a fantastic version of the Mono White Album.

It's 2 CDs and the quality is superb. It's a needle drop, but man is it done exceptionally well.

I'd be more than happy to trade with my fellow members if they just have to have this masterpiece in their collection.

Drop me a line.

12. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

RicP --> what version? OMR? Beat?

13. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

"Another way to tell this early version is that it does not credit George Martin as producer on the back cover, as later editions did."

Good call Mike!

Pat :)

14. romanotrax

romanotrax Forum Resident

Man... I want to cry right now. I used to have the red vinyl MONO version but I sold it because I needed the money. I think I got $15.00 for it:(

15. RicP

I made it myself off of Virgin EMI Vinyl on my audio dealers $15,000 turntable setup.

Played through a tubed phono pre-amp into an ART DI/O A2D converter and burned directly to the CDs.

I think it sounds just fabulous.

16. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Since the DI/O only outputs 24 bits, how did you get it down to 16 for redbook CD?

Did you play with the "tube warmth" knob?

17. RicP

We used a Pro-CD Burner. It accepts rates up to 24/96 and interpolates down to 16/44 for Redbook CD burning.

You can actually burn a 24/96 disc with this thing, but of course you need DACs that can handle it, and the available time on the disc is reduced dramatically.

Didn't really play with the tube warmth at all, just wanted to get it from Vinyl to CD without the chance of me screwing it up too much. :)

I'd love to trade for any OOP MFSL or DCC discs. I have about 20 of each, but I'm open for anything. James Taylor stuff is always a bonus. :)

You can email me by clicking on the "Profile" button at the bottom of this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.