Do you want to see some pictures from the old DCC days?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Was there ever an early '80's? Seems like a dream.

This is the Clair we all know and love. Just rereleased on LP and SACD!

Attached Files:

2. Steve Hoffman

And back cover. Nice review:

LET IT GO / Clair Marlo. Clair's incredible vocals are supplemented by the wonderful musicianship of Jeff Porcaro, Pat Coil, Lee Sklar, Randy Kerber and a whole host of superb artists. From the irresistible &quot'Til They Take My Heart Away" through "Where You Are" , Sheffield's live to two-track recording process creates such a realistic sound that it will blow you away! "One of the year's sweetest releases. SOUND QUALITY: 10!" -CD Review

Attached Files:

3. Steve Hoffman

Another great Clair Marlo album:

Attached Files:

4. audio

audio New Member

It's Brian, from the Analog Room!!

5. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Let's see, wasn't Farrell's Ice Cream Restuarant close to there?

6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Indeed it is. I hope he won't mind me repeating something he told me once. His wife received a job offer in Silicon Valley that she could not refuse, so they moved to San Jose. With his wife pulling in the big bucks, Brian did what he always wanted to do - open a toy shop.

So prix, I guess you go to Brian's shop? New visitors always go around the block a couple of times looking for it - as it is really just a house. But that's what Brian wanted. Rooms that approximated what people have at home.

Jeez, I'm thinking with Tom Port here ... it would be very cool to have Brian visit. He has a wealth of music knowledge, of course - check out his record reviews in the old Positive Feedbacks. And his hifi tastes are in the rarefied stratosphere ... I have to step outside his shop to get my breath back.

Well, we have almost 2000 members (now that's a milestone coming up!) so Brian could already be part of the crew ... but I don't think so. Steve?

Regards,
    Geoff

7. Ronflugelguy

Yeah, Brian sold me my turntable. And tons of LPs!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

8. Steve Hoffman

I emailed Brian tonight to tell him about this thread. He is one of the goodest of the good guys in high-end audio.

9. Ronflugelguy

His email address so fits him Brian4tar. His affinity for cigars!:)

10. Claus

Claus Senior Member

11. audio

audio New Member

Yeah, I don't get that. Brian is quite possibly the most knowledgable person I've ever met when it comes to vinyl playback, but he smokes cigars in his showroom! Is that not the worst possible thing you can do around rare records and high end gear?? In any case, I hope he joins us here. He's a hell of a nice guy and he knows his stuff.

12. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Thanks for the enlightenment Steve! :)

13. Thank you Steve. Very nice photos. I bet they bring back good memories.

14. Steve Hoffman

They do.

DCC was a great place to work.

15. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Re: Re: Great pictures Steve!

Ben: I didn't think anyone caught that one. My pleasure!

Peace
    Norm

16. Leppo

Leppo Forum Librarian

steve, yes more photos please!
    these are so much fun.

17. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

My AOLTV would be waving the white flag if I tried to read this thread with the photos showing :), but I had someone print this thread for me - just finished looking at the pictures. Nice to see some places you used to work. Also, there are some people here that I've never seen before - nice to be able to see what they look like. Thanks Steve.

18. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

Steve, Thanks for the pictures. The one thing I always loved about DCC, was the people. Brigette took my phone order on Dec 23 (I think, it was a Friday, in 95) she said that most people were gone for the holiday, but that since I lived close, she would stay till 12 noon and I could pick it up (8 CD's) at the office THAT! day. So I made record time, from Carson to Chatworth. At 11:35 I got there, and Brigette was in the front office, with my order and a new catalog. She was kind, sweet and made my Christmas that year! I always remember the people at DCC going the extra mile to help you to enjoy the music. That was rare then, and today it's a biannual event. That's why I miss DCC! :love:

19. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave New Member

Nice pics Steve

I'm quite relieved you were not able to dig up any of me during my run at DCC! LOL... I like the pics of the wedding too. That was a fun day. I miss the old crew I must say. Hope you're doin' well homes. Drop me a line when you get a chance. Oh, and say Hi to JT, SP, Marcia, Karla, and everyone else. Take it e-z. Dave:)

20. Steve Hoffman

Hi Diamond Dave, good to hear from ya!

I will say HI to everybody for you. Hope things are good for you. (A little bird told me that they are! :) )

21. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Re: Re: Do you want to see some pictures from the old DCC days?

Steve's show&tell photo threads are one of THE highlights of the forum.
    Not to be missed by all! Perhaps if we gently--gently, mind--badger him for a handful more, he might see it in his heart to oblige.:)

ED:cool:

22. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Hi Steve. How much of your remastering was done with/through the Legacy Audio Whispers? I didn't see any shots of them in your pictures ;)

23. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

About Clair Marlo, I swear Steve, she looks like Linda Ronstadt in that picture you posted.

24. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I called the office once myself so I probably talked to someone in the pictures.I'm looking at a couple of catalogs that were sent to me,one of them from 1997.It would be nice to pick up the phone and order a couple.Luckily,I have most of the DCC that I wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.