Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness - May 6 - 2022

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

DS made $36 million Domestic in Thurs previews. Weekend estimates are in the $192-$222 million range Domestic. 2-day Int'l to-date = $85.7 million.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

....always enjoy a good CGI lovefest!

3. Michael

he's done?

4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Dude...that barely rhymes.

:shake:

5. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

And the 3rd verse is totally wrong for a haiku.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

More Bruce Campbell would have been welcome.:)

7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Just saw it tonight. Ok movie. Thought a lot of it was like someone was playing a video game.

Loved seeing Bruce in it.

fuzzface and Chris DeVoe like this.
  8. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

Saw it tonight...
    I stand by my opinion that the last great Marvel movie is Endgame (Black Widow I liked, but not too much, and I didn't count the two Spider-Mans.)
    I think that most of the reason as to why I liked the first Strange was the Escher-esque effects. This one didn't have a lot of that, and it really showed.
    I will admit that the music elevated this film. My family and I watched the credits to see the extra scenes, and I pointed out to my younger sister (whom loved this movie and every other Marvel one) that Danny Elfman did the soundtrack. She's a fan of his other works, so she said to me, "that must explain why the music was so good!" I agreed with her, this was the only MCU movie where I took notice of the background music.

Also, this was really gory, more so than any other MCU movie. I'll put that out there.

In short, I did not like it. I think it focused too much on Wanda, a character who I don't care for, and too little on Strange, a character whom I do like.

PS: Stay for the post-credit scene. It was worth watching the rest of the movie just for it! :agree:

Deuce66, alexpop and GregM like this.
  9. alexpop

X actly ..even Patrick Stewart couldn’t save it!

What was Dora doing in it ?

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  10. rodrigosanche55

rodrigosanche55 Forum Resident

Great movie with more personality than the average Marvel flick. Reimi does his best with a rather simplistic script. One particular scene angle from inside the watch is pure cinematic magic. Can't understand all that hatred towards the America Chavez kid, but I guess that says more of the viewer than of the film.

11. alexpop

Post credit scenes is the last good six minutes of the film. It shouldn’t have just been that.

MrJerry1876 likes this.
  12. MekkaGodzilla

Nope. How can you honestly have a character named "America" and they are not an overweight 60 year-old white heterosexual male who drives a Ford F-150? :confused:

13. MekkaGodzilla

Exploring, babe. Exploring.

14. Dok

Dok Senior Member

15. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

I'm optimistic for Dr Strange, though Sony Marvel put out the best Marvel movie in quite awhile with Spider-Man NWH. That movie was very genuine and I didn't have any questionable things as to "what does this have to do with a superhero movie" or "why you this or that" , it just did what the books I used to read decades ago did which was just tell a story with our hero's and villains, and not get involved with anything else unless it adds to the story/movie.
    We will see, and of course opinions will vary as they should.
    We're not all fish going with the current of the water.
    The first Dr Strange was great, though much to most of the Disney Marvel product that's come out in the last couple years has not been great or good and some imo total worthless garbage, but they kept making movies and series that imo were.
    Just my opinion, and being optimistic, the story with the characters and script will be crucial.
    I believe so and feel a few big name stars A-list actors got out and wanted out, and those goes for all the characters Disney one owns.
    It was either the actors thinking "time for something else or saw writing on wall that were not privy to in that industry".
    I think this because the last of great "Fox" owned Marvel movies were already inked, green lite and obligated, and this was before the mouse got it all.
    I look at "Logan" "End Game" and other movies that span other than MCU, and you see they burned what was there to the ground. Never I good idea to try to fix super successful formulas, and IP's (and some of the biggest films and decades of followers).
    That leads me too feel either the actors wanted to different things or they were aware of changes we aren't.
    I don't think an actor, (especially the successful roles) would pass on extending a lucrative contract, which leaves me to believe one of the 2 things I think were/are at play an why.
    That's just my thoughts and non argumentative in any way to your post or any others in this thread.
    Imo (and idk why) Disney Marvel's ship sailed awhile ago.

Cheers

Timeline Man, MrJerry1876 and Michael like this.
  16. Paper Shark

Paper Shark Forum Resident

I saw it tonight, and I really enjoyed it.

17. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The movie was aptly “Strange” and the villain of the film came as a complete surprise to me. I also loved how it basically turned into an homage of Raimi’s own Evil Dead movies by the end. It’s a fun movie.

Simon A and Timeline Man like this.
  18. alexpop

Actors aware of changes we aren’t “
    Maybe with Chris Evans. And your right the past two years of have bad for mcu “ worthless garbage” I would say sht myself. Only redeeming film which is out in two months is Thor: Love And Thunder ( least by the trailers ) will it be as good as Ragnorok? that remains to be seen, looks close to me.

rock4ev likes this.
  19. alexpop

Met a bunch of young dudes early twenties and the four of them loved it.

20. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Eternals was meh. Black Widow was okay but ultimately pointless beyond introducing the new Black Widow. Shang Chi was good although it deviated from the character substantially. No Way Home was the best of the lot and Multiverse of Madness is a close second. On the TV front I’ve completely enjoyed them all with possible exception to Moon Knight with all of its flaws. But in regards to the trailer for Love and Thunder I found what we’re shown completely underwhelming, but maybe that has to do with the lack of the Immigrant Song this time around.

21. alexpop

I mean at the end of the day a film should entertain, varies from everybody’s perspective.
    Dr. Strange Multiverse Of Madness .. didn’t deliver for me. Which means I won’t be double dipping and getting media version.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  22. alexpop

I’m missing out on the tv shows I’m sure I’d like at least one of them. Love&Thunder ? I didn’t say it would best Ragnarok, but the guns&roses tune was ok/ not bad. Songs that complement at film ? GOTG least had Cherry Bomb .. till I’m sore :D

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  23. Michael

thanks, I enjoyed your take on this...

rock4ev likes this.
  24. alexpop

Think I even prefer Foxes- FF / Silver Surfer (2007) over Dr.Strange multiverse. Heck .. even Chris Evans was in Rise Of The Silver Surfer. :)

25. alexpop

Like I said in my earlier post ( sht) none of these above floated my boat.