Does sleeve damage bother you?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Diorama, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It can drive you made but if the LP is brand new I like the LP and sleeve to be perfect, seam splits and corner bumps if bad I can’t except, one or two of my older LP’s have a couple of little dings but I think you have to expect a little wear over time, nothing stays pristine forever especially cardboard and paper but if there not protected properly in the mail that’s the bit I hate when brand new.

I know the record is the main thing but for me the two go hand in hand and it’s the package as a collector.

2. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

Please tell me you’re an economist or somesuch so I can quote this to my wife!

3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

It annoys me to no end.

4. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

Nope, but $1500 buys you a really, really nice Butcher Cover. It costs about 25k to pick one of the more notorious/desirable Nintendo games, and $10,000 for the box alone. Speaking of $10,000 that will buy you the first appearance of Spider-Man....Without a cover. $250k, that will get you an entry level copy of the first appearance of Superman, a million bucks if you want it to be in half decent shape.

I see people around here think $50-$75 is crazy to spend on a record but did you know that’s the admission price just to get into one of the more decent/larger comic book conventions in the country?

As someone who makes his living selling collectibles, record collecting is easily one of the most accessible hobbies. Especially when factoring in relative scarcity in comparison.

mahanusafa02 likes this.
  5. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Yes. Having OCD, damage to any new products bothers me immensely and I spend loads of time seeking out the best version of something. Used things you try to get the best you can get, but there is expected wear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.