Dream systems we own / have owned

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by fjhuerta, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

You know the type... the ones that you remember the most for their sound. The ones that you can't get away from, no matter what. :love:

Mines are not that expensive... but were / are a delight to me.

1)
    Harman / Kardon 100W/ch integrated amp.
    JBL LX-66 speakers.
    Luxman A-384 CDP

I had that one for 10 years. Maybe more. It may not have been the most accurate system ever made, but boy, it sure could rock!

2)
    Margules ACRH-1 hybrid integrated amp
    Margules ADE-24 Digital / Analog Enhancer
    Sony DVP-NS900 SACD player
    Margules A3.2 loudspeakers
    DIY Tempest Subwoofer

My current system. It's too sweet and smooth at times, but I can't remember any other system as engaging as it. It simply makes everything sound wonderful!

Funnily enough, I wouldn't call neither system "accurate". Oh, well. I have learned far too much in this forum, I guess... what matters most is whether you enjoy music. :D

2. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

Meridian 606-603 CD player, Quad 606 amp, Kef 107 speakers.

That Meridian player seemed incredible when I bought it around 10 years ago - it has DAC 7 chips in it, bitstream, and it outperformed its predecessor, a Meridian 208, something rotten.

3. tomcat

tomcat Senior Member

The system I have now (see my profile) IS my dream system. But I'll always remember the first amp I have bought for myself: some 200 or 300 $ Kenwood in 1974 or '75. I was very proud of it, I have no idea how it would sound compared to modern equipment. And it had that HUGE volume knob with beautiful small steps in the middle of the silvery front panel. A real beauty! :love:

4. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

1974 BMW R90S

Dang, I should have never let her go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.