Duane Allman 7CD retrospective "Skydog"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've had nothing but good service when dealing directly with Real Gone Music.

Myke and Bill Mac like this.
  2. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Bill.. they’re legit I’ve Bought many items from them over the years i’ve never had an issue with any purchases from them.

Myke and Bill Mac like this.
  3. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Excellent! That makes me feel a lot better as it's my first order from Real Gone Music. Thank you both :)!

4. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Anybody knows Real Gone Music ships internationally? I'm searching for info on their website but haven't found that info (yet). Thanks in advance!

5. ABBDutchFan

Oh, i found the international shipping rate myself. A whopping $ 118.99. Also a big change taxes etc. will be added. So for me that's a "no deal".

Matthew Tate and RiRiIII like this.
  6. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

It was $57 to Canada. Steep, but worth it for this deal.

Bill Mac likes this.
  7. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

8. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

9. MacMan2007

MacMan2007 Forum Resident

Yeah - Is this different than the one Real Gone is offering at $199? A signed book too.

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Craft is Concord's reissue label, so they are simply trying to move these. Must've pressed a lot more than were demanded.

Craft Recordings

ABBDutchFan likes this.
  11. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

$120? I may bite at that price.

12. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

I bought Craft's Terry Callier & Joan Baez LP reissues and pressing quality was extremely good, not to mention how incredible those two reissues sound.

13. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Now that is getting tempting just for the package it looks good. Nice price

Matthew Tate and Bill like this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thank you very much for posting this :)! I just cancelled my Real Gone Music order and reordered at Craft Recordings. I have to give RGM credit as they issued me a refund right away. I received an email detailing the refund to my account within a few minutes after the call. Thanks again as you saved me over $80 :righton:!

egebamyasi, ABBDutchFan and Bill like this.
  15. malfano

malfano Forum Resident

Oh man. Wasn’t planning on spending this much today, but this seems too good to be true!

16. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I bought the first issue of the CD box before it went out of print. It contains some remarkable music, beautifully packaged. I have never regretted the purchase.

17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I have the first issue Skydog CD set as well. It is an incredible set and as you say beautifully packaged. As a huge Duane Allman fan I still wonder why I hesitated at buying the CD set right away. I'm glad I didn't hesitate too long as it went OOP very quickly. The reissued CD set is nice but not as nice as the original set.

Original Limited Edition CD set - Duane Allman - Skydog: The Duane Allman Retrospective

Reissued CD set - Duane Allman - Skydog: The Duane Allman Retrospective

14 LP set - Duane Allman - Skydog: The Duane Allman Retrospective (check out the prices :eek:!)

highway, Jimijam and ABBDutchFan like this.
  18. ABBDutchFan

Already own the encore edition 7CD boxset but caved in and ordered the vinyl boxset from Craft Recordings. Even the shipping costs were much more reasonable. $ 37,44 instead of $ 118.99 (Real Gone Music). This was simply an offer i couldn't resist!

RiRiIII, Bill Mac and Jimijam like this.
  19. ABBDutchFan

Oh BTW, kudos to egebamyasi for posting about this great offer!

RiRiIII, egebamyasi, Bill and 2 others like this.
  20. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I agree! If I could like egebamyasi's post multiple times I most certainly would :)!

RiRiIII and egebamyasi like this.
  21. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

If this doesn't prove I have self control with spending, nothing will.

Hi. My name is Mike, and I'm a vinylholic. I haven't bought a new album in one week today.

22. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

But it's only wafer thin, monsieur.

sethICE likes this.
  23. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Thank you for posting. I ordered also, too good to pass up. I am guessing they will sell out quickly at this price. I too ordered from Real Gone last week but got cold feet and cancelled. Their customer service was great. Thanks again to the poster of the deal egebamyasi.

Bill Mac, egebamyasi and Myke like this.
  24. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Yeah thanks for the heads up egebamyasi on this it was always just out of my budget ever the RG deal, this a wonderful deal and the bonus book just put it over the top.
    Can anybody who has this vinyl box set vouch for its mastering and pressing qualities ?

Bill Mac and egebamyasi like this.
  25. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

If you sign up for the Craft Recordings newsletter, you'll receive a snappy little email that contains a code for 15% off your order. My code may have been something like, "CIRCULAR15"
    Order total, including media-rate mail, was $112.28.
    I'll have some more of those 'wafer-thin' mints, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.