DVDBeaver is Going Patreon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd guess the average Patreon donation comes from the under-30 crowd, which there aren't a lot of here on this forum.

DoBlu Patreons get access to far more screenshots and the occasional goodie like free discs/digital codes.

Synthfreek likes this.
  2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

We do have so many here though who are always, “Pay the artist more. Streaming royalties suck!” yet balk at the proposal of throwing someone $1 a month for YouTube content. Guess that only applies to streaming Foghat and BTO.

IronWaffle and OldSoul like this.
  3. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

This. I can see them making some extra context accessible only to Patreon supporters in the future, but I don't see any mention of paywalling the entire site anywhere.

I haven't found any other site that's as useful when it comes to comparisons of different releases from different regions, particularly when it comes to genre and more obscure titles. On more than a few occasions it's supplied invaluable information when I was trying to make a decision between a Region A and a Region B release.

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

If I had a particular need to do A/B/C comparisons of DVDs and Blu-Rays I'd pay to access the site because their screenshot comparisons are really well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.