ebay fakes?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by I Have Been Floated, Sep 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy Thread Starter

Rights now there are a couple of listing on ebay selling the Rolling Stones Mono cd box and the Beach Boys Capital Singles Collection for around $50. Is there any chance these are legit and not knockoffs from China?

2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Highly unlikely those are real. Check the seller's other items. If they're selling mountain bike parts and riding gear and they happen to have a CD box set for $50, it might be the real deal - but I'd contact and ask where they got it from first. If their other items are similarly too-good-to-be-true box sets at absurdly low prices, or if they have more than one of the set in question available - even if it's the only music related item they have listed - it's a guaranteed scam. If that's the case, report the seller to eBay - they won't do anything, but for every fraudster reported, it's one more notification they have to make the effort to ignore, and the more effort these fools need to put into not doing their job, the better. :p

3. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy Thread Starter

Thank you. I did ask the seller where it was manufactured but they have yet to reply. I don’t expect they will.

4. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I wont even go there.. period. :biglaugh:

5. If they’re unethical enough to sell counterfeit goods don’t expect anything but a lie in any correspondence they send you.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They're fake. No matter what the seller says, no matter what their feedback looks like, they are fake.

And overpriced for fakes.

Stay away, block seller. Done.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  7. whisaeri000

whisaeri000 Well-Known Member

CD's seems so easy to fake by a third party. I would be wary of getting near anything that seems to good to be true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.