eBay Suspension - TKO Notice Email

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by stever, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stever

stever Senior Member Thread Starter

2. GregY

GregY New Member

You seemed to have linked to something in your hotmail account, which no one but you can see.

3. stever

stever Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, I did. Oh well, it's a ruse if anyone else receives it. I just used my account to purchase something this afternoon. TKO Notice... :laugh: That's exactly what I'd do to these little people if I could confront them in person.

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Hmmm, I can't see it either?

Can you do a Cut & Paste for us?

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I got this one yeaterday:

Dear oblio98,

eBay requires correct credit card information in full each month on accounts with balances of $1.00 or greater and if your account becomes past due. You have been pre-indefinitely suspended from eBay because our records indicate your account was involved in activities that violate our policy governing the sale of potentially infringing items, and you may be responsible for collection costs. If you feel you have been suspended in error or want to appeal this decision by providing additional information, we offer you the ability to place or change the information you submit to us by click here and entering the new information yourself in your account.Or click to this link below :

<deleted link>

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning,temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

An email regarding this was sent to you at <email>.

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor Team

Little buggers! :D

:-jon

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Cute! Another scam. :mad:

I guess it's getting harder and harder to steal someone's identity these days so they have to become sneakier.....

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Gotta love it. To have you account restored, please provide us all of your money. :D

8. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Hey Oblio,

I got the same mail too. Deleted it ASAP.

Sean

9. jonifan

jonifan New Member

Hi Please send any of these emails to [email protected] first then delete them. Chances are they will have the email address/website shutdown within hours. cheers fred

10. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Thats the first spoof ebay email that I've ever seen where a spell checker was used, and it looks like they have some command of english.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.