Ed Sheeran is officially the biggest, most attended and highest grossing of all time.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rufus rag, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

pleasant pop songs, good for him. His music seems versatile, not just folk guitar but some rhythmic contemporary sound too

2. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

Apparently saying anything slightly uncomplimentary about Ed Sheeran is not permitted in this thread, so I'm out of it.

3. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Try saying something uncomplimentary about Paul McCartney on this board and see where it gets you.......

4. NJ Englishman

NJ Englishman Forum Resident

From what little of his music I have heard, he doesn’t come across as anything special, but if he’s just relying on his voice, a loop pedal and a guitar and no auto-tune, and has given hundreds of millions of people pleasure with this music, then I am certainly not going to criticize him.

Mr Bass and showtaper like this.
  5. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Or a Beatles thread... I'm pretty sure some people around here don't find them all that great. But you're not going to see thread crapping on such things.

6. Moggio_4K_Ultra_HD

Moggio_4K_Ultra_HD Forum Resident

Not when you add up ALL of The Rolling Stones' #s between 2012-2019...

7. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Ed Sheeran does good quality formulaic music. His lyrics are intelligible and mostly heartfelt in a formulaic way, they are sung clearly, albeit rather formulaically and his music has fairly decent melodies and a steady but not pounding rhythm. What Ed shows is that people are starved for regular sounding new music that is not very different than what they know and have always liked. People have not changed ... yet.

All Down The Line and phillyal1 like this.
  8. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

I honestly don’t think I’ve heard Ed Sheeran. Might be wrong but I’m imaging some kind of David Gray figure. I’ll go and have a random listen on you tube.

9. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

He is a very talented musician and is both highly regarded and admired in the recording industry. I enjoy listening to his music.

There’s nothing with that. Nothing.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Yes exactly. Sheeran robbed the programmable foot loop pedal style from KT Tunstall.
    I really don't get his popularity.
    Adele has more talent in her little toe.

11. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

Melodic yet totally harmless music.

All Down The Line and phillyal1 like this.
  12. Duncan Day

Well I just played 3 random songs on You Tube. Can’t say I’ll be checking out anymore :)

13. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I wouldn’t walk to the end of the street to see him to be honest, what do I know.

14. Duncan Day

I think I prefer my pop stars to look like freaks :D
    I’ll stick to Bowie and the Mael brothers.

Fred1 likes this.
  15. Two Sheds

Two Sheds Sha La La La Lee

I don't know any of his songs. Really.

16. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

I guess I need to check out some Ed videos to get a grasp on what the hoopla's about.

17. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Given that you are posting this on a music forum, and that Ed Sheeran is one of the world's biggest selling artists, says much about you. And probably not in the way that you are hoping...

18. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Occasional Esoteric Freak

There was an article on the BBC News website titled: Ed Sheeran: Fatherhood has made me give up my bad habits.

Unfortunately it seems that making music wasn’t one of them…. ​

Relikk, CaptainFeedback1 and Nike like this.
  19. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Really this is one of those threads that will lay dormant for months, get bumped randomly, attract people who don't even like or know much of Ed Sheeran ragging on him for a few posts for no reason, then another few months a rinse and repeat situation lol

bob60 and MikeManaic61 like this.
  20. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Oh man that is just so funny, did you think of that one all by yourself?
    You really should be looking at a career change, get yourself onto a stage and with gags like that one you are made as a comedian.
    I'm still laughing at it now, absolutely hilarious, and so clever and original.... :biglaugh:

21. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Yea, I don't get it. I don't go around popping up in threads of artists I can't stand. Some of these guys have too much time on their hands.

bob60 and HotelYorba101 like this.
  22. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I bet U2 still had more money in the end because of a more clever tax scheme

RedRoseSpeedway likes this.
  23. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

They do it because they think it makes them look clever and somehow superior.
    Remember in the school playground when you were about 13 years old and some pupils ridiculed the music you liked because in their opinion it wasn't cool? This is what happens on here, they never grew out of it.

24. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

deserves everything he has , he surprisingly is huge with Black Females 18-50. Black radio is this close to playing him , just like they play both Justin's.

25. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

Yes , as much as this forum is great, the oddest thing is what you just stated . It is weird for a forum , were the average age is probably 50 , and are probably "white males" , for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.