“El Camino- A Breaking Bad Movie” From Creator Vince Gilligan*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

haha! I did love this.....getting denied the honk from the trucker :D

EVOLVIST and Chrome_Head like this.
  2. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

:laugh: I wonder if he thinks of Lydia when he sings that!

Chrome_Head and MikeInFla like this.
  3. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Agreed. The few scenes where he was enslaved in the last few episodes of BB were uncomfortable to watch, and I didn't need to see more of that.

On a sidenote, I was disappointed we didn't get to see Laura Fraser in the film. :love:

Etienne Hanratty and Chrome_Head like this.
  4. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I know! Have you ever seen her interviewed? She has a beautiful Scottish accent and comes across as really lighthearted and fun.

Chrome_Head and George Co-Stanza like this.
  5. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I have, yes. Very likable actress. :cool:

Tim S likes this.
  6. She was terrific in “The Loch” and “The Missing”. I was shocked when I first heard her with her full Scottish accent.

Tim S likes this.
  7. Vanguardsman

Vanguardsman Forum Resident

How can people say that El Camino "added nothing" when it clarified Jesse's fate? That's not nothing to me. After all, there were about 10 squad cars on their way.

8. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

It added very little. And what about Jesse's fate? It's not that he's on a beach in Southeast Asia living happily ever after. He's somewhere at the US-Canadian border with a new identity. He might survive for a while keeping a low profile living a hermit's life in some cabin like Walter did.
    If only one of those squad cars did something else than following each other. That might have been interesting.

To quote our favourite mother, Livia Soprano:
    "It's all a big nothing"

GMfan87' and Darrin L. like this.
  9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Kandy had also presumably snorted a bunch of cocaine, a substance that doesn't encourage sound, rational thought.

Tim S and Chrome_Head like this.
  11. GregM

GregM The expanding man

It added nothing in the sense that at the end of BB Jesse was free but on the run. At the end of Camino guess what? Jesse is still free but on the run. Nothing is clarified except that he supposedly has a new name/identity/location based on what we know about buying the vacuum man's services from BB--but since Gilligan decided to skip the details of that in Camino, it might as well not be new. In any case it was not a self-contained story with a beginning, middle and end that moved the needle at all. It was just an excuse to indulge in BB mythology.

12. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member

No, but the rapid downhill spiral in his appearance said to me that he was reaching new lows startlingly quickly and had totally given up of any hope of redemption or growing a conscience...of ever being a healthy human.

13. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Jesse could just be picturing Todd as fatter in his flashbacks out of spite.

14. George P

George P Notable Member

:laugh:

Chrome_Head and MPLRecords like this.
  15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Walking Dead : The Movie is apparently a trilogy.

16. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Illegal pass?

17. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I watched it and liked it overall, but what is annoying is overtop behavior of the main characters in BB. Here is the moment when he speaks to the vacuum shop owner. Who speaks like that, even Jessy as stupid as he is?

18. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Just watched it and they should of left well enough alone.
    Maybe if they did it as an extended episode and not a 2 hr movie it could of been more compelling.
    Way too much Todd, boring , never felt that in this show.
    Best scene is when Jesse finds the money, nothing else felt impactful. Nice touches to have him go to his old friends for help, the scene with Walt (although it seemed Cranston wasn't really in to it, where Paul really seemed like Jesse there and no time had passed), Jane but not much memorable to me.

fabre and Darrin L. like this.
  19. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Until the last few minutes, I thought what the movie felt like was the pilot of a Jesse TV show — the necessary episode to resolve Jesse’s situation at the end of Breaking Bad before going on to the next part of his life that said show would be about... could still happen.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    rburly likes this.
  20. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Really ? Hope not Gilligan needs to put it to rest can't imagine there'd be much interest in a show about Jesse.
    He had created such a phenomenal universe with the show, let it stand as one of the greatest dramas.

Carl80 likes this.
  21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Better The Deadwood the movie or the same meh?

22. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Didn't see Deadwood but I guess watch it if you loved the show , don't expect much.

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

No I don’t actually think it’s happening ... But I did think it felt like a pilot. Or a gap filled in so they could use Jesse somewhere later.

24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Watched this the other day, it was ok but nothing special. If there was ever something to leave alone this is it, the series was that good this felt like they where running out of idea’s, the bit where Jessie is running up and down with the chain attached to him, understood what they where doing but thought it was pointless and stupid.

At least there was a scene with Walter White as well.

GMfan87' likes this.
  25. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

It surprised me this was made after Gilligan had talked about how much more story was there once they finished 3 seasons and he mapped it out, didn't want to overstay their welcome..
    Who cares if he was approached by fans with questions, I ahead thought Jesse got away, the specifics weren't important. There wasn't much of a story to tell, certaintly not 2 hrs worth.
    The show was so finely detailed, and no wasted frames IMO, I can't believe the same people worked on this.

Carl80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.