"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I pray it's the last season. They've overstayed their welcome.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

@Shawn, yeah I wondered about that. Season 6 started as a 13 ep season and then CBS ordered more episodes. I suspect they finalised some P&L statements and figured they could make money on the show still. :)

Since CBS owns the show they'll have more of an interest in keeping it going despite the ratings, although ultimately, the ratings will likely be the deciding factor. If they can still see profit in the show, and apparently it does really well for them in terms of overseas sales, I can see another season happening, but to me it feels like Season 7 might be it.

The way they ended Season 6, and they did think that was the end when they wrote and filmed it, did tie things up nicely for Joan and Sherlock. But it did leave Gregson and Marcus (to a certain extent as we know he's going to go work for the US Marshals) in limbo. There's no real conclusion for them, especially for Gregson and Marcus must have surely found out what really happened or is suspecting something is not right. We never really got to see what happens to the relationship between those two.

Now that they have another season I expect they'll address that side of things. But I think it'll be more of a closure situation and the show will ultimately end up back in England. I did read that Quinn is back for S07 but that's it and I expect Season 7 will probably be the last one.

It'll be interesting if they decide to keep it going with them in England.

Shawn likes this.
  3. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

‘Elementary’ to End CBS Run After Season 7

‘Elementary’ to End CBS Run After Season 7
    “Elementary” is coming to an end on CBS, Variety has confirmed.

The procedural will wrap up following its upcoming seventh season on the broadcaster, which does not currently have a premiere date. All 13 episodes of Season 7 have been shot. According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, the network and producers came to the conclusion to end the show after it was renewed back in May.

“Elementary” has been a workhorse for CBS since its premiere in 2012. The drama stars Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu in a modern-day spin on Sherlock Holmes’ mysteries, with Miller playing Holmes to Liu’s Watson. “Elementary” is steered by showrunner Robert Doherty who exec produces with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Bob Goodman, Jason Tracey, and Robert Hewitt Wolfe. CBS Television Studios produces

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i never miss it. not too much intelligent TV on the networks anymore, this was one of them and never really got the recognition it deserved, especially johnny lee miller.

Karnak, jlocke08 and modrevolve like this.
  5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It’s elementary terrible at this point.

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

no it's not.

jlocke08 and eddiel like this.
  7. I had assumed that the last episode was the series ender. It seemed like a logical way to end it.

audiomixer likes this.
  8. audiomixer

...and it probably was planned to be until they got picked up again.
    Personally, I'm glad it's only 13 episodes. It lost its way and now it's time for a long sleep.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah I agree. I like both Miller and Lui. They have a good chemistry. Never missed an episode.

I figured Season 7, if it happened would be the end so I was prepared for that. I'm glad they'll tie it up as there are some loose ends that could use a final close.

jlocke08 likes this.
  10. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Season 7 starts tomorrow.

jpelg, marmalade166 and Lonson like this.
  11. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Blonde Joan!

Veltri likes this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

A beautiful woman no matter the hair color. . . but I hope she goes back to brunette.

[​IMG]

13. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Yeah not so sure about blonde Lucy unless she goes all Bride with White Hair on us. Get that girl a sword!

14. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Very happy this show is back, I've been a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes since I first read the stories as a kid and Elementary is one of my favourite depictions

15. audiomixer

Enjoy. I think it's the last season.

16. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I read somewhere that there are 13 episodes and that will be it for the series.

17. Yeah, that's what I've read too. Well at least this allows for the show to have a proper ending. I've enjoyed the ride.

18. audiomixer

It's time...

19. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Yeah I'm gonna try and savour it, especially as I just found out For The People has been cancelled :realmad:

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

First ep last night. It was ok. I look at it as a set up ep for the rest of the season more than anything else. But it was good to see the characters again.

Jack White and marmalade166 like this.
  21. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Glad that Kitty was back.

Lucy Lui looks AMAZING for someone who is 50 - if you've ever been to a high school reunion you'll have to agree.

I'll keep watching.

marmalade166 likes this.
  22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Second episode was good, and the change of locale I guess should not have been surprising. I hope if they are truly going to wrap up the series right they bring back. . . Moriarity.

Prudence1964 likes this.
  23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I like this show. Too bad it's ending.

My guess is that Sherlock bargains with the FBI to drop the murder investigation and let him stay in the US unhindered; in return he will solve the terrorist conspiracy involving the murder case and the Captain's shooting featured in episode 2, that they know nothing about. Who knows - maybe Moriarity is involved?

24. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

I was looking forward to seeing their take on London and 221B Baker St., but that didn't last long. 2nd episode was better than the 1st of the season though.

marmalade166 likes this.
  25. So was I. I thought they would start building up the connections to the various British Police/Intelligence Agencies, introduce a few important "connections" with these groups, and end the Series with Holmes & Watson firmly established in London. Looks like that will wait for most, if not all, of the final season, or it may not happen at all (IMO, the indications are that Holmes works out a deal with TPTB and stays for at least a major part of the Season, and Joan may choose to stay, breaking it up to end the show)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.