Elton John new 2018 remasters shm.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by swintonlion, Apr 11, 2018.

1. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

How will this affect "Blue Moves"? (I can't remember if this issue has the full track listing).

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Agree-one of the points with these editions is that they replicate the original packaging. To me it makes sense that it also includes the original content.These albums are perfect to enjoy from start to end and the bonus-tracks sort of disturbs that flow. But I am not a completist either.

ted209 and Oyster Boy like this.
  3. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Reckon the album will be as first pressed, the track list reflects this and there was no bonus on the previous reissues. It’s also listed as 2CD

4. fredblue

fredblue Surrounded by Music

not sure there was any suitable bonus material they could have included? "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" was recorded during the Blue Moves sessions but was tacked onto the Rock Of The Westies remaster.. beyond that, there's "Snow Queen", which I doubt Elton or Bernie would ever sanction a reissue of but still..

Oyster Boy likes this.
  5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I hate that these keep getting put back. When I saw this thread flare up again yesterday I thought somebody had got their discs early and had dropped by to review them! They always delay them at the last minute too, which is very frustrating.

Jarleboy likes this.
  6. Oyster Boy

It's a shame, would love Snow Queen on CD, any CD infact.

fredblue likes this.
  7. fredblue

i'm sure you know of or have it already (though with its origins, not sure of the source, probably a needledrop) but Snow Queen is on the 'Flip It Over' CD, which compiles a number of B-Sides from 76-83 including Love So Cold, Fools In Fashion, Take Me Down To The Ocean, Conquer The Sun, White Man Danger, Hey Papa Legba, etc.
    oh how we need a Rare Masters 2..!!! :pineapple:

8. fredblue

oh.!! I just remembered! Snow Queen did make it out officially on CD!

on a Time Life Christmas compilation of all things, from 2002!

I have the CD set somewhere but don't recall how the track sounds, I don't remember ever playing it tbh! :shh:

Various - Sounds Of The 70s - Christmas

Oyster Boy likes this.
  9. Oyster Boy

No, didn't know. Time to look on eBay:)

fredblue likes this.
  10. fredblue

its a silver pressed disc, i see it come up fairly regularly for ok money (although Discogs has forbidden sales of it now understandably). I've had mine for nearly 20 years, I imagine I'd have got it from the late Alan @WrapItUp, nice guy.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  11. Oyster Boy

eBay alert set. Thanks for the info.

fredblue likes this.
  12. kitt1987

kitt1987 Forum Resident

Still holding out for SACD editions for all these titles....

Jarleboy and fredblue like this.
  13. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Me too really. I’m loathe to buy these in case they issue SACD versions next year.:)

Jarleboy and fredblue like this.
  14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Probably not the best for your health.

toilet_doctor and Oyster Boy like this.
  15. Does anybody out there have the SHM Mini-LP version of Rare Masters (circa 2011)? I just came across a listing of this, somewhere :shh:.

If you have this … is it a noticeable upgrade from the standard CD issue from 1992?

Thanks for any info!
    ---------------
    Man, just one month to go for these new remasters. :goodie:

Oyster Boy likes this.
  16. Oyster Boy

Reckon @toilet_doctor may have it. I am hoping that RM gets remastered next year as part of a second batch of Elton John mini-LP SHMs. This would be really neat, given that the bonus tracks will not be on the October releases.

17. Have a second batch been announced?

18. Oyster Boy

No, just hoping. They have done it before though, that is release a second batch.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  19. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

Does anyone know if the new SHM Mini-LPs coming soon replicate the vinyl sleeves exactly?? Gatefolds, booklets, tip-ins, etc? Will they include the original vinyl labels? Looking to get Blue Moves and Greatest Hits but not going to if they don't replicate exactly.

20. Among the listings for this campaign via CDJapan : "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" : Cardboard sleeve reissue release from Elton John. Features SHM-CD format. The mini LP faithfully replicates its UK first pressing LP design, including a two 16-page booklets and a poster. Comes with an obi which faithfully replicates its Japanese first pressing LP design. Features 2018 remastering based on the original UK master tapes. Comes with lyrics and a description.

For "Madman Across the Water" : The mini LP faithfully replicates its UK first pressing LP design, including a 12-page booklet. Comes with an obi which faithfully replicates its Japanese first pressing LP design. Features 2018 remastering based on the original UK master tapes.

Etc. --- So yes, it appears that these will be exact duplicates.

toilet_doctor likes this.
  21. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

hoping to hear some SQ comments on "2018 remaster from UK tapes"
    If these were SHM SACDs then they might be my first SHM SACD purchases. Any clue of a trend where SHM Cds are released then followed by SHM SACDs?

toilet_doctor likes this.
  22. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it's years after (such as Layla and Synchronicity), sometimes it never happens at all. I'd love to hear from someone else who's been following these releases for a long period of time, as I don't think it's been less than a year between a CD and SACD release from the same tranfer for quite some time. They also seem to be slowing down with SACD releases overall, unfortuantely (at least for rock 'n roll discs). I'd rather have these titles on SACD myself.

kitt1987 and toilet_doctor like this.
  23. Well, Hell … They did it again. Pushed back the release date.

This time to November 7, 2018. (according to CDJapan)

Jeez …..

Oyster Boy and toilet_doctor like this.
  24. toilet_doctor

toilet_doctor "Rockin' chair's got me"

For this you can only blame yourself.
    You can not say such a thing out loud, and also jump after that:

DarkSideOfTheMoo likes this.
  25. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Yeah I hate bonus tracks tacked on the end of an album. People say to just stop playback before they come on but it's not the same for me. Give me them on a second disc.

ted209 and Oyster Boy like this.