Elvis Presley FTD CD reissues (part 6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Feb 15, 2015.

1. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Elvis was still better looking than Justin Timberlake, even in 1976.

RSteven and frankfan1 like this.
  2. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I have some Elvis photos from his April 1976 show at McNichols arena in Denver that would make a better cover.

clhboa, D-rock and croquetlawns like this.
  3. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

Can’t tell the difference.

RSteven and When In Rome like this.
  4. Mark87

Mark87 Forum Resident

I have a question for the FTD experts:
    Are any tracks on any of the FTD Vinyls exclusive to vinyl or have they all been released on the FTD CDs?

croquetlawns, btltez and D-rock like this.
  5. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I think this was answered a few pages back, with the answer being ‘not any more’.

Mark87 likes this.
  6. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

What's the official numbering of FTDs?

For example ElvisOnCD.com lists The Kid Galahad Sessions as #187, while ElvisShopLondon lists it as FTD-168. The ShopElvis site also had it's own numbering scheme too. Curious which one to use and set this nonsense straight once and for all!!

Timjosephuk likes this.
  7. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

It is confusing. I use this one for my spreadsheet from Elvis Australia. I have the 5 inch/7 inch ones in red, books green and records blue. I do not think the actual products are numbered and the whole 5 inch then 7 inch thing is a bit strange as the 7 inch ones are not just albums or soundtracks. Like Neil Young they make it up as they go along. Again don't let them run your own affairs as they would make a mess!
    Follow That Dream (FTD) | Elvis Presley Collectors Label | Release Lists | ElvisPresleyFTD.com

Pants Party, croquetlawns and D-rock like this.
  8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I use the Elvisoncd numbering and have all my FTDs tagged with this system. As long as you keep it consistent with one list I guess :shrug:

Incidentally my Elvis: Las Vegas '71 FTD from Shopgraceland shipped out today, so between that and the Elvis on Tour box hitting streaming I’ll be kicking it all weekend.

artfromtex, RSteven, hodgo and 2 others like this.
  9. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I just received a copy of the FTD "Raised On Rock" CDs off ebay. Unfortunately, the seller did not mention that the booklet was not included. He says since it wasn't in his photos, I shouldn't have expected it. He did NOT mention it was missing.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a website that shows the booklet info for FTD releases? Lacking that, perhaps someone would be kind enough to send me photos of their Raised On Rock booklet? Thanks in advance!

croquetlawns likes this.
  10. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

If you escalate to ebay you probably can get your money back.

rswitzer likes this.
  11. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

Ordered the new '76 release. Looking forward to it.

12. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Las Vegas 71 has landed in Texas :cool:

13. Pants Party

I saw the preorder email from ShopElvis... and they're listing the new 4-disc '76 set From Louisiana & Memphis for $75?? I don't buy from ShopElvis, but how crazy is that? They have the 3-disc Vegas '71 set for $40.

Conversely, the Graceland Store sells both for $55 and $40 respectively. I suspect there's an agreement between EPE or FTD and the retailers, to favor the Graceland store on preorders here in the US.

KDubATX and RSteven like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Where can you find cheaper prices?

15. Paul Lee

Paul Lee One-eyed cat in a seafood store.

Yes, it is doctored, and yes, I personally care. Surely FTD could have found actual photos from either of the 3 gigs the CD represents for the front cover? And even if there was none from said shows there are still plenty of pix of him from the era. So why make up an image? And do FTD have to sink to this level of misrepresentation? It's quite shocking really...not to mention laughable!!

And speaking of the music: these concerts, music wise, are not exactly essential when concerning the setlists. The songs have been performed hundreds of times and performed better (and released) prior to these 76 concerts that this FTD release represents. So personally I could do without it.

jeremylr, KDubATX and D-rock like this.
  16. Pants Party

I think Shop-Graceland is usually the best place to buy in the US
    Follow That Dream Series

laf848, D-rock and Shawn like this.
  17. Pants Party

In general, I find these covers to be so ubiquitous, repetitive and non-descriptive. In theory, I guess they're fine for these soundboard releases, but I'm so overly tired of them. To me, it's more the fact that in the 70s they were using them for the studio albums. That always bugged me.

As a result, if I were the Art Director, I'd always ask "what else you got?" A picture of the venue (preferably from the era or not -- I don't know), a shot getting out of the limo, hanging backstage, the Lisa-Marie on the tarmac, fan-pics from the concert -- waiting in line, tailgating in the d@mn parking lot -- anything!!!!

The fact that they had to photoshop his face on a picture, that should be a sign to stop the madness.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    jeremylr, BluesOvertookMe and Shawn like this.
  18. Thomas Widener

Thomas Widener Forum Resident

For anyone who did not get them the first time around, Shop Graceland has a fresh shipment of "American Sound Sessions," "Viva Las Vegas Sessions," "Elvis is Back Sessions," and "Something for Everybody Sessions."

19. londonflash

londonflash Forum Resident

Still waiting for my Something For Everybody Sessions set to arrive from NDT. Ordered three weeks ago. Anything from them usually arrives in two days but a series of postal strikes have caused tremendous chaos with the mail.

croquetlawns likes this.
  20. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Thanks for that heads-up! I had missed the Viva sessions when they came out.

croquetlawns likes this.
  21. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

It would make a great bobble-head doll

22. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

My ETMAHM mag was posted two weeks ago from NDT and is still not here (U.K.).

23. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I don't see them anymore

24. Or a Stretch Armstrong character (his right arm is already stretched too far out relative to his body).

D-rock likes this.
  25. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I was just on the site and they'll all still available. Did you click to See More on their FTD page?