English Speakers Sing In Spanish

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lord Hawthorne, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I recall Nesmith doing a take-off on his own song "Joanne," changing the lyrics to "Rodan," the Japanese movie monster!:laugh:

We used to sing the "one ton tomato" lyrics on the grade-school playground. We were such scamps...:angel:

2. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

It's a very fun song. Makes no sense in either language!!!

"Pero me tienes que decir,
    si me quedo o me voy!"

Although parts of it were already sung in spanish to start with... "Tu indecisión me molesta... si no me quieres dejame... oye! que quieres que sea!"

3. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

God Bless Google! Here's a tidbit from a Dr. D fan site:

"Date:1980-06-22... One Ton Tomato - Mike Farrow (last played on 1997-07-13)"

Now on to find Mike Farrow!

4. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

He sang it in Spanish, English and Portuguese. Pablo's right, the album has only two songs in spanish! The complete title is "...nada como el Sol - selecciones especiales en español y portugués"

Plus, let's not forget he also sings in French... pretty bright guy, Mr. Sting :)

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Here's more (stop me if this is a waste of time):

"Mike Farrow: 1 Ton Tomato (trad/Farrow) This Record Was Easy Bit O' Fun 45 rpm"

Anybody have this 45 down in their basement?

6. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

That was from his "Elephant Parts" video, now on DVD. He also does a hilarious bit on the same DVD where he and a woman are eating at a Spanish Restaurant and a roaming musician comes over playing a guitar and singing in Spanish. Nez translates the song for his girlfriend but comes out with stuff like "The fish eat my furniture", "Close cover before striking", "Small children calculate the deposit". :laugh: It is absolutely hilarious and leaves no wonder why it won the first video grammy.

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.